Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

26 minutes ago, snooter said:

Ifs lift=best to leave alone...not much gain for the money-its a car based suspension but chebby wanted ride quality in trucks and there are many buyers out there that want it.....biggest gripe is wheel alignment gets easly knocked out with a lift and they easily break when wheeled ...problem is most everything you do you end up affecting steering...ie: safety issue...no gain in flex really to speak of either....unibody really regulates the baby bronc to gravel and fire roads ie: if its never to be wheeled then you can spend the coin and get nothing out of it...there is nothing strong about ifs when compared to stick axles its just dam weak...lil tird probably will sell if not stupid priced of course we know it will be

So as long as the sport is designed high enough stock to handle light off-roading, it won't need a lift kit, and it can be a decent light off-roader alternative to the hardcore Bronco.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

OK, I'm thinking Bronco Sport compared to Jeep Compass, that kinda widens the field from just T6 Bronco and Wrangler sparring.

It's a bit of a shift by Ford to a bit more aggression but there's still a fair bit of safety play in there too. Balance in all things.

It's about time Ford goes on the offensive. Fine, get out of unprofitable segments, but for too long Ford has been giving up volume and market share, without replacing those lost sales and expanding elsewhere.

I'm just happy to see them finally going after new customers again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Actually, with Escape becoming more car like with lower proportion and seating, it looks like Bronco Sport is being positioned

to pick up all the buyers who loved the older squarer Escape. It's a great move IMO and sure they're cashing in on Bronco name

but what the heck, people have lots of choices.

Bronco Sport might be a mall cruiser that never does more than the odd dirt trail but, that could be where a lot of the Jeep swing

buyers reside. To those buyers, was never about the stuff underneath, it's all about how it looks and others looking at your vehicle.

Exactly. Women buy Jeeps for mall runners. This is a brilliant move by Ford

4 hours ago, snooter said:

One worry is the baby bronc may in fact be too "car like"... i can deal with ifs if it was on a frame...unibody we would tear thru in short order...toddler bronc is all pretty much down to styling and fun factor...we will wait for used market..be cutting em up anyhow so no need to pay price of entry on new..real stuff we will just tow...baby bronc just be our camp toy warmed over

3 hours ago, snooter said:

I think its more relevant to our teenage daughters who think a 30mph curve can be taken at 50...would not be surprised if escape sales get gutted by the bronc...not on a frame really limits usage to suburban streets and look what daddy bought me crowd

1 hour ago, snooter said:

There is no hardcore bronc

image.png.43b36d098f12782c83976acde16c8f68.png

Edited by twintornados

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco Sport might be a mall cruiser that never does more than the odd dirt trail but, that could be where a lot of the Jeep swing

buyers reside. To those buyers, was never about the stuff underneath, it's all about how it looks and others looking at your vehicle.

Lots of buyers (at least in my area) buy Wranglers for that very reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snooter said:

I think its more relevant to our teenage daughters who think a 30mph curve can be taken at 50...would not be surprised if escape sales get gutted by the bronc...not on a frame really limits usage to suburban streets and look what daddy bought me crowd

Don’t tell all the Jeep Grand Cherokee owners who go 4 wheeling.

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think we’ll be surprised how capable both Broncos will be based on insider hints.  Whether it meets your definition of hardcore is anybody’s guess.

From what I've read, IMO Ford is  defining "Hardcore" as "rock crawling" and that would not be the mission-in stock  form.  That to me leaves a lot of "offroading " that the new Bronco will be well suited for.  And didn't Hinrichs make some sort of statement awhile back that it would have serious off road capability.??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomcat68 said:

At least we now know what the Bronco looks like thanks to this picture... well, at least in cartoon form.

Not really.  They've used a variety of random "generic" bronco-esque shapes for the patents - including the 2004 concept, and even the bronco6g renders from months ago.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, twintornados said:

But, still uni-body construction.

the people that do these "conversions" are pretty much all from the same mold...buy a decades old  ( read REALLY CHEAP ) POS and then go suspension berserk...Ive seen some absolute CRAZY conversions that can and do perform some impossible acts...and most are usually semi falling apart....but yeah, anything can be done given the right resources..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deanh said:

the people that do these "conversions" are pretty much all from the same mold...buy a decades old  ( read REALLY CHEAP ) POS and then go suspension berserk...Ive seen some absolute CRAZY conversions that can and do perform some impossible acts...and most are usually semi falling apart....but yeah, anything can be done given the right resources..

And then claim Broncos are a fail because Ford doesn’t give them a head start in modifying.

59 minutes ago, Deanh said:

But, still uni-body construction.

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Tune up your sarcasm detector a bit.

At least, that's the way I took it.  :)

Right you are, Johnny!  The drawing is more vague than the picture with the cloth over it, but in both the square silhouette looks the same as it it is the only obvious detail other than the grille in the drawing that is known. It will be interesting to see the real thing.

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Actually, with Escape becoming more car like with lower proportion and seating, it looks like Bronco Sport is being positioned

to pick up all the buyers who loved the older squarer Escape. It's a great move IMO and sure they're cashing in on Bronco name

but what the heck, people have lots of choices.

All the more reason the BOF Bronco should be offered with SFA.  There's already a platform for people who just want the appearance and a comfy ride ... baby/Sport/Maverick/Adventurer/tellusthedamnnamealready.