Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

All the more reason the BOF Bronco should be offered with SFA.  There's already a platform for people who just want the appearance and a comfy ride ... baby/Sport/Maverick/Adventurer/tellusthedamnnamealready.

Just can’t let it go can you?

• Like 5

Have we figured out how the tailgate/rear...door?  Is going to work?

We know the doors remove, and the roof at least comes off in pieces, so I think we can rule out lift-gate.

It doesn't look like a swing-out tire carrier, so I think it's mounted to the door... so swing?

And if it is a swing gate.... might the rear window still be powered?  It would be weird to open up the truck but still have the whole back just closed.

32 minutes ago, probowler said:

I feel like he technically has a good point though, in regards to differentiation with baby.

You don’t need SFA to differentiate it.  RWD body on frame, larger size and more power will differentiate it.

And I’ll go on record as betting that a stock Bronco will be every bit as off road capable as a stock Wrangler but will be more comfortable as a daily driver.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

And I’ll go on record as betting that a stock Bronco will be every bit as off road capable as a stock Wrangler but will be more comfortable as a daily driver.

That is the exactly niche that Ford is going for with the Bronco. Couldn't say it better. 

The Ranger matched up fine vs the Gladiator without being specifically developed for off road use. The Bronco will get the extra attention for off road use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You don’t need SFA to differentiate it.  RWD body on frame, larger size and more power will differentiate it.

I would say that's it in a nutshell right there...……..Id also go out on a limb and state drivetrains will be a significant step up as well...and refinement...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I would say that's it in a nutshell right there...……..Id also go out on a limb and state drivetrains will be a significant step up as well...and refinement...

I don't think the word "refinement" has ever been applied to Wrangler.  Other than maybe the lack thereof...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

That is the exactly niche that Ford is going for with the Bronco. Couldn't say it better. 

The Ranger matched up fine vs the Gladiator without being specifically developed for off road use. The Bronco will get the extra attention for off road use. 

Ranger has already shown us roughly what Bronco’s suspension will be like. Ranger was indeed developed as an off road 4x4 to compete directly with Global Hilux so it does have off road credibility.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

IFS may not be the best system for rock crawling but it will work very well for the the other 98% of off-road situations. My friends lifted wrangler has terrible road manners, and would not be enjoyable to me as a daily driver. I think that trade off is worth it if that is the route it’s going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, probowler said:

Well hopefully it's not TOO niche and ford sells the hell outta these bad boys! 

Ford should be in real good shape when you combine baby, Bronco, AND a proper US-oriented ranger. 

Niche in terms of unique characteristics - not low volume.  I expect MAP to be at capacity within 3 years.

4 hours ago, probowler said:

Has anyone else noticed how PHAT... the new Bronco is?

I don't recall seeing or noticing how wide the fender flare was on this thing... I wonder if they will all look like this or if it's a more hardcore edition.

wktisq63sfuvgqzdekyu.png

https://jalopnik.com/take-your-first-look-at-the-2020-ford-broncos-taillight-1841796317

That's a higher performance model - earlier mules had smaller fender flares:

Image result for bronco spy pictures

3 hours ago, probowler said:

Have we figured out how the tailgate/rear...door?  Is going to work?

We know the doors remove, and the roof at least comes off in pieces, so I think we can rule out lift-gate.

It doesn't look like a swing-out tire carrier, so I think it's mounted to the door... so swing?

And if it is a swing gate.... might the rear window still be powered?  It would be weird to open up the truck but still have the whole back just closed.

My guess is swing gate with roll down window.  We've seen that the doors are frameless, there's no reason they couldn't do the same with the swing gate.

Also, UAW documents confirmed a swing gate area at MAP.  I'm trying to find the document, but having trouble locating it.

35 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Swing gate means its folds down like the 5th gen or we talking EcoSport where the whole thing swings out to one side?

to the side - EcoSport is referenced as a swing gate.  Everything else is liftgate or tailgate as akirby points out.

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's in the highlight book. I'll post it when I get home from the dentist. 

Thanks, I know it was posted here but I couldn't find the thread :(

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Opens up - liftgate

opens down - tailgate

opens to the side - swing gate 

this.