Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

I think a lot of people misconstrue the size of the Escape and its platform sibling the baby/Scout/Maverick/whatever simply because they're at the small end of what Ford offers here.  They're not small. 

The size difference between the baby and the Bronco is probably only a couple inches of length and a foot of height.  The 750-1000lb weight difference is probably more relevant.

Weight sure..biggest hurdle is lift on an IFS.....SAS, but that has about zero chance on baby bronc....but IFS will ride nice to grocery store to pick up some celery for the foo-foo cocktail drinks so i guess theres that goin for it

1 hour ago, snooter said:

Weight sure..biggest hurdle is lift on an IFS.....SAS, but that has about zero chance on baby bronc....but IFS will ride nice to grocery store to pick up some celery for the foo-foo cocktail drinks so i guess theres that goin for it

You do remember the last bronco was IFS right?  And there are a billion lift kits out there for that.  Just give Ford a chance to show us what they got. 

You and all the other old guys complain that Ford doesn't make "Real" SUVs anymore, then you shit on them when they finally do. If you don't like what Ford eventually puts out, then you can tell them that and maybe we'll get that rumored SFA kit, or some more hardcore versions.

Right now all you're doing is promoting a negative public perception and potentially hurting the program before it even has a chance.

The tt axle was pulled for a lift..if you were lucky enuff the find D60's out of the "snowfighter" f250 package you modded those in your bronco or f150...IFS lifts are expensive if done right and they have a host of other issues trying to mod and still remain streetable....i actually like the baby bronco but its not a heep killer which i had hoped for....if ford offers a SAS over the counter axle package that bolts in i would consider that....have no use for the toddler bronc...

On 1/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, jpd80 said:

In Ford’s research one of the biggest interest groups was Mustang owners, make of that what you will.....

When I bought my 2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, I was actually choosing between it and a mustang GT.  A Bronco V8/5.0 would have won that battle.

20 minutes ago, Nickp said:

Feb 8th seems too early.  But this should tell you where they're planning to take Bronco and Ranger.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 11:04 PM, probowler said:

You do remember the last bronco was IFS right?  And there are a billion lift kits out there for that.  Just give Ford a chance to show us what they got. 

You and all the other old guys complain that Ford doesn't make "Real" SUVs anymore, then you shit on them when they finally do. If you don't like what Ford eventually puts out, then you can tell them that and maybe we'll get that rumored SFA kit, or some more hardcore versions.

Right now all you're doing is promoting a negative public perception and potentially hurting the program before it even has a chance.

TTB may be IFS but is a lot cheaper and easier to lift compared to control arm IFS setups.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, probowler said:

I thought I read before that options like different transmissions and axle setups require different floorpans. Different floorpans require new/separate crash testing, which costs 7 figures. This is probably why no manufacturer offers SFA as an option. Every other dedicated off roader except for Wrangler - G-wagen, Land Cruiser/Prado/GX/4Runner, Pajero, Patrol/Armada, Land Rover/Range Rover, etc are all IFS these days,. Looks like Buyers who just have to have a SFA need to keep buying Jeeps. I hear the FCA dealer lots are full of new Jeeps now and offering a lot of money on the hood for Wranglers and Gladiators. Then will get even cheaper once the Bronco (and likely new 4Runner/FJ Cruiser) comes out.

If someone wants a turbo V8 and SFA, there are pre-2019 AMG G63s to look down on at all the other off roaders with lowly IFS. 

17 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I’m not sure why changing from IFS to SFA would require any changes to the floorpan. The front axles are usually in front of the firewall...

The forward drive and differential are secured away above the cross member, a SFA would require the axle to be below the frame

and the driveshaft coming down to meet it. A lift kit on Ranger is limited to about two inches before you need an adjustable

upper A Arm,  the next step  for most wanting lift and big wheels.

Edited by jpd80

22 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The forward drive and differential are secured away above the cross member, a SFA would require the axle to be below the frame

and the driveshaft coming down to meet it. A lift kit on Ranger is limited to about two inches before you need an adjustable

upper A Arm,  the next step  for most wanting lift and big wheels.

Yeah, but that’s all ahead of the firewall, and the firewall is normally where the floorpan begins...

17 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Yeah, but that’s all ahead of the firewall, and the firewall is normally where the floorpan begins...

In this case, I suspect Donaldo has used the term Floorpan to loosely describe a  unitary construction chassis, in particular, the forward crash protection zone. In that respect, he is right that different crash properties may exist when the front structure is changed.

Edited by jpd80

3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

In this case, I suspect Donaldo has used the term Floorpan to loosely describe a  unitary construction chassis, in particular, the forward crash protection zone. In that respect, he is right that different crash properties may exist when the front structure is changed.

I would agree with that, but the new Bronco is riding on a frame, not unibody...

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

I would agree with that, but the new Bronco is riding on a frame, not unibody...

True, I think  people are getting mixed up going back and forth with two Broncos, one C2 FWD/AWD Unitary and the other, T6 BOF

My advice would be to not take things so literally, we have plenty of casual observers who are feeling their way and perhaps

a good time to gently educate ....

Its interesting to see how often things like "SFA kits" and similarly 4"+ IFS lifts are recurring concepts that never seem to happen. I've seen on forums over the years some drivers try to lift the old independent suspension Escapes more than 2". They quickly regret it when they realize it's not a great idea to change the suspension geometry, and things like custom struts/shocks and axles are expensive. 

6 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Its interesting to see how often things like "SFA kits" and similarly 4"+ IFS lifts are recurring concepts that never seem to happen. I've seen on forums over the years some drivers try to lift the old independent suspension Escapes more than 2". They quickly regret it when they realize it's not a great idea to change the suspension geometry, and things like custom struts/shocks and axles are expensive. 

The main hang up is that lifting body or suspensions results in higher centre of gravity that mucks up the body computer anti roll protection

that is of greater consequence than anything. Most jurisdictions limit on road use to a combined 4" lift from suspension, wheels, and body.

I think this is where Ford with factory approved kits and full warranty is an absolute gold mine if done correctly.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

The main hang up is that lifting body or suspensions results in higher centre of gravity that mucks up the body computer anti roll protection

that is of greater consequence than anything. Most jurisdictions limit on road use to a combined 4" lift from suspension, wheels, and body.

I think this is where Ford with factory approved kits and full warranty is an absolute gold mine if done correctly.

I can think of a real easy fix for that...

39 minutes ago, probowler said:

I can think of a real easy fix for that...

But you can't fix the liability that comes with not having it connected or not working properly,

this is one place where buckeye engineering can get people into a whole mess of trouble

a those systems are now interconnected and you just can't disconnect them.

Edited by jpd80

54 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

But you can't fix the liability that comes with not having it connected or not working properly,

this is one place where buckeye engineering can get people into a whole mess of trouble

a those systems are now interconnected and you just can't disconnect them.

Oh, haha, no I meant not put that ridiculous system in your vehicle in the first place. Rip out the whole computer, throw it in the trash.  The Ranger can have it, but leave it out of the Bronco.