Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

58 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The UAW agreement confirms manufacture of Bronco and Ranger at Michigan AP, nothing more than that.

Next Gen Ranger is still two years away, Everest is three years away, so way too early to say exactly what

plans are beyond Ranger & Amarok......

Are you saying Everest is coming to the US in 3 years or just that the ROW Everest is 3 years away?

19 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It's LHD only for now, beyond that is anyone's guess, sometimes people read more into things than they really are.

I guess in theory, Ford can sell RHD Bronco with Ranger or Everest interior... just like they've done back in the days when LHD Telstar had Mazda 626 interior.

I'm sure RHD is engineered for Bronco since Ranger and Everest both require RHD. The Bronco interior will be the only part that Ford probably can't find enough volume to justify investing in tooling.

Edited by bzcat

41 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I guess in theory, Ford can sell RHD Bronco with Ranger or Everest interior... just like they've done back in the days when LHD Telstar had Mazda 626 interior.

I'm sure RHD is engineered for Bronco since Ranger and Everest both require RHD. The Bronco interior will be the only part that Ford probably can't find enough volume to justify investing in tooling.

What if Everest is the ROW Bronco? 

6 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I know I’m probably in the minority here, but if the next gen Everest came to the US at a significantly lower price point than the bronco, it’d be at the top of my list.

The Bronco should start around the 30-35k mark-how much cheaper do you really think a Everest would be? It would be butting heads with the Escape. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The Bronco should start around the 30-35k mark-how much cheaper do you really think a Everest would be? It would be butting heads with the Escape. 

You are more optimistic than me. After the way prices have been going lately, I’m guessing it starts at 35k. I could be way off though.

also the escape is over priced ?

22 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What if Everest is the ROW Bronco? 

Interesting thought, if you ignore RHD markets, Bronco could be sold in many international LHD markets,

Everest is not sold in Europe so that's a possibility I guess..,...RHD may follow as an incremental product.

Everest was originallybenchmarked against LandCruiser 120 (Prado) and really hasn't set the world on fire

because IMO, to looks too much like a Ranger station wagon and looks too rounded from the back.

Using Bronco design to make a better global Everest is also something that may be a possibility......

I was just in Thailand for a week and there are Rangers and Everest everywhere. I get what you are saying... that Ford, at least in Australia benchmarked Toyota Prado (Lexus GX for the Americans) but the resulting SUV is probably closer to Toyota Fortuner, Isuzu Trailblazer/Mu-X, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.

Bronco seems to be aimed squarely at Toyota 4Runner which is related to Prado (same chassis different body) so it's also shooting higher than the pickup truck based competitors. What this means for Everest going forward is unknown... I doubt Ford will make Everest cheaper (it is definitely more expensive than Fortuner/Mu-X/Pajero Sport) but does Ford really spend the money to make two unique BOF SUVs (Bronco+Everest) that will sell basically in different markets? 

I think this is where the idea that Bronco (perhaps with addition of optional 3rd row seats later) will simply replace Everest makes a lot of sense. But it will all depend on if Ford wants to really compete with 4Runner/Prado (higher MSRP) or Fortuner (lower MSRP but necessary in emerging markets). 

Edited by bzcat

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The Bronco R appears to have been based on the 4-door wheelbase.

it would be cool if they made a second 2 door version on the 4 door wheelbase, just like the bronco r. It could be like the expedition max with more cargo space. 

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

I was just in Thailand for a week and there are Rangers and Everest everywhere. I get what you are saying... that Ford, at least in Australia benchmarked Toyota Prado (Lexus GX for the Americans) but the resulting SUV is probably closer to Toyota Fortuner, Isuzu Trailblazer/Mu-X, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.

Bronco seems to be aimed squarely at Toyota 4Runner which is related to Prado (same chassis different body) so it's also shooting higher than the pickup truck based competitors. What this means for Everest going forward is unknown... I doubt Ford will make Everest cheaper (it is definitely more expensive than Fortuner/Mu-X/Pajero Sport) but does Ford really spend the money to make two unique BOF SUVs (Bronco+Everest) that will sell basically in different markets? 

I think this is where the idea that Bronco (perhaps with addition of optional 3rd row seats later) will simply replace Everest makes a lot of sense. But it will all depend on if Ford wants to really compete with 4Runner/Prado (higher MSRP) or Fortuner (lower MSRP but necessary in emerging markets). 

From the B pillar forward, Everest is basically a share with Ranger. So I guess by Ford's thinking, the Everest top hat is already half designed.

That's not entirely true but for discussion purposes, it's accurate enough. The current Everest arrived half way through Ranger's product cycle,

so understandable that Ford wanted scales of economy to contain costs but perhaps this time is different and the existence of Bronco allows

more freedom to change the global SUV into something more than a work around.

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

it would be cool if they made a second 2 door version on the 4 door wheelbase, just like the bronco r. It could be like the expedition max with more cargo space. 

Bronco R has an altered body to accommodate those huge 37" wheels and bigger wheel arches,

it's different enough that Ford could show it without revealing too much about the basic Broncos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen the 2 and 4 door bodies side by side and the 2 door is tiny. Not that the 4 door is gigantic (somewhere between Escape and Edge if I had to guess) but I think the 2 door Bronco may end up being the smallest SUV in the lineup 

considering how much I LOVE the Fiesta ST Im fine with that...at my age its selfish time....

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I agree and i think there is a market for just such a vehicle....i suspect heep will follow with some new 2-door  LJ's in short order as well....the 04-06 LJ's are still in demand today and they can bring serious coin on used market