Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I wouldn't take anything away from the Bronco are indicating anything solid of what the upcoming Bronco is going to be or not size-wise. In the grand scheme of things it could have been the 4 door length as a 2 door model...

Or as a poster on classicbroncos forum stated after seeing it in person in the shop where it was built ... it was a F150 chassis.  The point still stands, the Bronco's basic geometry and physics make it an inherently poor choice for high speed like the Raptor lineup

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

How many professional racing teams would even bother to consider a "desert runner" with a wheelbase as short as a Bronco?

Wtf are you talking about? It's sharing a frame with Ranger.

29 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Apparently, not even Ford Performance would because the Bronco R prototype was stretched.

No it wasn't. 

33 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

How many solid axle desert runners do you see in the same class as the Bronco? Besides the Mojave, that's just a repackage.

You hate the Bronco, don't buy it. Go buy a Discovery. Oh wait that's IFS front and rear!

I never said I hate the Bronco, I will probably love it based on what I have seen so far but IFS is a deal breaker for me.

If Bronco was SFA would have probably  bought one as a daily and kept my 17 F350 but now will just upgrade to a Tremor in a year or so.

1 minute ago, Steve557 said:

I never said I hate the Bronco, I will probably love it based on what I have seen so far but IFS is a deal breaker for me.

If Bronco was SFA would have probably  bought one as a daily and kept my 17 F350 but now will just upgrade to a Tremor in a year or so.

Why the hell would you need SFA fo a daily driver?  Makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

Hmm I must have missed the part where I brought up anything on rock crawling???

Plenty of advantages to SFA in addition to being better suited for rock crawling but the IFS trolls are misinformed and equate SFA to rock crawling.

The entire discussion was around Bronco needing SFA for hard core rock crawling.  That’s the point we were debating not SFA on heavy trucks.

Just now, akirby said:

Because I prefer the simplicity (less parts)and durability for a slight downgrade in ride comfort.Go drive a 2500 HD and F-350... it’s not a big difference in on road manners.

Sure it’s a different vehicle class but I don’t see any reason why an IFS versus SFA Bronco would be any different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:
32 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

How many professional racing teams would even bother to consider a "desert runner" with a wheelbase as short as a Bronco?

Apparently, not even Ford Performance would because the Bronco R prototype was stretched.

That's the point I've been making from the start ... The Bronco's basic geometry and physics make it an inherently poor choice for high speed like the Raptor lineup ... Bronco is better suited to slow technical off roading, and that style of use is better served by SFA.

Wtf are you talking about? It's sharing a frame with Ranger.

By wheelbase, I meant ... wheelbase, the distance between the front and rear axles. 

Long + fast = stable  ---- I said that earlier too.

Trophy trucks usually extend their wheelbase beyond the length of a normal truck.  Pre-runners usually extend their wheelbase beyond the length of a normal truck.  The Bronco R prototype extended its wheelbase beyond a normal Bronco.

Unless you were somehow under the impression that the wheelbase of the Ranger and Bronco were the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

The entire discussion was around Bronco needing SFA for hard core rock crawling.  That’s the point we were debating not SFA on heavy trucks.

Perhaps you have me confused with an earlier poster?????

I wonder how many in this thread have even owned a solid axle truck before.....

Edited by Steve557

13 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

You do realize the old Bronco has IFS right? 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It is. 

Uh huh ... 127" wheelbase would make it 9" longer than a 4-door Wrangler.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/models/ranger-xlt/?searchid=1686695161|68389310329|337165804231|&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIiojAisjW5wIVB77ACh1JCAdBEAAYAiAAEgLtN_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!336803889326!e!!g!!ford ranger specifications

Does that go for the 2-door as well?

?

You do realize we've seen mules and prototypes and can measure the wheelbase down to about an inch at 112" for the 4-door?

Edited by Stampede.Offroad

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

Everyone knows Jeep Wranglers are the best handling/steering, most comfortable, and capable daily driver SUVs thanks to their handy SFAs. Why didn't Ford engineers understand this :) ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donaldo said:

Everyone knows Jeep Wranglers are the best handling/steering, most comfortable, and capable daily driver SUVs thanks to their handy SFAs. Why didn't Ford engineers understand this :) ?

If an easy handling cushy daily driver is what you're after, purchasing a performance vehicle seems like a really silly choice.

If that's the direction Ford is going with the Bronco, then it is very unlikely to be an off road competitor for the Wrangler, or even the 4runner, and is going to fall flat on its face when its put into competitions and comparisons against it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

So your saying Ford engineers should focus solely  on those items for the Bronco during design??

SFA is a nice compromise with more durability.

Edited by Steve557

7 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

If an easy handling cushy daily driver is what you're after, purchasing a performance vehicle seems like a really silly choice.

If that's the direction Ford is going with the Bronco, then it is very unlikely to be an off road competitor for the Wrangler, or even the 4runner, and is going to fall flat on its face when its put into competitions and comparisons against it.

But yet we have no idea as to how they are going to get there with a IFS...if the IFS offers a 90% solution while keeping good every day driving characteristics...I don't see an issue. 

Right now its just something to bitch/argue about and doesn't really add anything to the conversation. Some people are going to be completely against it and they'll be lucky to make up 5-10% of possible buyers.

Lets wait til 90 days next month or so and we should have our answers...then you'll be legitimately be able to bitch about it instead of using your preconceived notions  about a style of suspension setup. 

Edited by silvrsvt

5 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

THE BRONCO IS NOT GOING TO BE  WRANGLER CLONE

Maybe you should type louder, I don't think everyone can hear you.

I wasn't aware that this forum was only for discussing things that are officially proclaimed by Ford, and not for debating the virtues or qualities of what could or will be.  I must have missed that somewhere in the first 35 pages of the thread ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Maybe you should type louder, I don't think everyone can hear you.

I wasn't aware that this forum was only for discussing things that are officially proclaimed by Ford, and not for debating the virtues or qualities of what could or will be.  I must have missed that somewhere in the first 35 pages of the thread ...

5 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

Having some difficulty with your keyboard??? Perhaps you forgot your glasses today???

its painfully obvious that what you want and what Ford is going to deliver is going to not meet your preconceived idea of what a Bronco should be. I don't see the value of arguing over SLA vs IFS when IFS has been confirmed and we don't have all the information as to what the Bronco will actually have to back up its off road chops. 

You'd have more luck yelling at the sun. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

You'd have more luck yelling at the sun. 

Actually, these guys have told us several things already in their furror to stamp out any dissent from outsiders.  At least a couple of them even took it over to bronco6g forums when they realized what had happened ...

ETA: and just for giggles, because this source will probably be dry for a while after this ...

Edited by Stampede.Offroad