Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Not much ford does surprises me any more, but i have to believe few people will be happy if ford comes out with the small, less rugged "Bronco mini". I can already imagine ford issuing an emergency press announcement to let the angry internet mob know the real bronco is still "coming 'soon' "

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Not much ford does surprises me any more, but i have to believe few people will be happy if ford comes out with the small, less rugged "Bronco mini". I can already imagine ford issuing an emergency press announcement to let the angry internet mob know the real bronco is still "coming 'soon' "

Uh.  Or they can just say, "this is not "Bronco", this is the first piece of the Bronco family, bigger Bronco news comes in ______."

Edited by rmc523

13 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Well, technically, Spring runs up until June 20.

I was about to just say that-the show starts June 15th if I'm not mistaken. 

As for timelines-

The latest rumor has it that the Baby Bronco will go to Hermosillo (along with Transit Connect and TC based compact pickup), not the other plant building the Mach E. I haven't seen an end of production date for the MKZ or Fusion yet...so when that happens, that will be a very clear indication when the Baby Bronco is ready. I'm assuming that is going to happen in May or so, and the Baby Bronco will start hitting the lots in October. The full size Bronco will start production very late in the Summer (September/October) and we might see it by years end, but I'm thinking it will show up next January in Dealer lots. 

If the Baby Bronco is shown off first, the "full sized" Bronco needs to be shown off also. Ford might just show the Baby Bronco and Bronco together and show off a limited range topper like the Bronco R at the NAIAS instead, just to keep excitement levels up for it. 

The upside to all of this is that is happening in the next 180 days or less...so there is light at the end of the tunnel after waiting nearly 3 1/2 years for it. 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Pearl Harbor day (Dec 7) was the last date I saw. 

Ooof...is that Job 1 or pre-production builds? That means a Spring Release date otherwise. 

I know I saw an October date on one of the Bronco accessory date sheets that was leaked a few months back..that would line up with the Baby Bronco...

53 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ooof...is that Job 1 or pre-production builds? That means a Spring Release date otherwise. 

I know I saw an October date on one of the Bronco accessory date sheets that was leaked a few months back..that would line up with the Baby Bronco...

Job 1. Unless things got moved ahead we were supposed to start preproduction builds right after July shutdown last I heard. 

All 3 Broncos (Bronco 4-door, Bronco 2-door and Bronco Sport) will be shown together as a family so as not to create confusion. 

The reveal event we were told was in the spring. So yes it could be NAIAS in June. Last I heard that either the 2021 F-150 or 2021 Bronco family will be at NAIAS in June and the other will get their own event, like the Explorer and Expedition did. That was as of back in October. I’m sure they chose what will be revealed at what venue by now.

Bronco Sport will be built alongside the Fusion and MKZ in Hermosillo for about 6-9 months as they don’t have a concrete end date yet. Then Fusion and MKZ will be done, then the next gen Transit Connect and baby pickup will be in there in mid 2021 for the 22MY.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ice-capades posted the end date for Fusion/MKZ this morning from this week's fleet bulletin. It's June 4th. 

Wow I honestly missed that post and that decision must have changed because originally 2020 Fusion and MKZ production was supposed to go until the end of the full calendar year. I’m a little shocked about that one.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Fusion Crossover is probably a 2021 calendar year release in the US.

But I imagine you will see the Mondeo version at one of the major auto show this year. Perhaps Beijing (April) or Paris (October)?

I'd think you'd see it at the LA Auto in November for NA. 

• Like 2

If that’s what it looks like, it will be an easy decision for me. The proportions don’t look right at all. Maybe it’s too short? Maybe it’s too low to the ground? it looks very toyish, but maybe that’s just due to the the paint they chose. I think “bronco” in the grille needs to be smaller. I actually think “ford” spelled out like the original broncos would be better. Or just give me the bronco horse logo instead of any lettering in the grille.

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

If that’s what it looks like, it will be an easy decision for me. The proportions don’t look right at all. Maybe it’s too short? Maybe it’s too low to the ground? it looks very toyish, but maybe that’s just due to the the paint they chose. I think “bronco” in the grille needs to be smaller. I actually think “ford” spelled out like the original broncos would be better. Or just give me the bronco horse logo instead of any lettering in the grille.

Yeah, there's something way off in the proportions of it that's making it look goofy, but the overall look probably isn't too far off.

It doesn't look like a ford. Strange criticism I know, but it looks more like a jeep or dare I say... An old bronco knockoff. 

Apart from the F series, Ford doesn't make strong masculine vehicles anymore, so this is really different for them. Hopefully the real product will be able to truly own the bronco image. I'm not worried though, since this is just an artist render. I do believe Ford is gonna knock it out of the park 

Edited by probowler
A letter

I honestly don’t think this render is representative of what the Bronco will actually be. Two of the direct quotes about the Bronco from those who have seen it are “It was twice as cool as I thought it was going to be” and that “Retro and rugged is an understatement” this render is neither of those things, it’s... frumpy.

My personal feeling is that people are thinking that the Bronco will be a Ford GT40:Ford GT 2004. I think it will be a lot more like the current GT in being an homage to the original but also completely modern and not slavish to those design features.

Edited by Nickp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Seriously, why do I get the feeling you’re going to find something to hate about the new Bronco?

FFS it is just a render made by someone who is trying to figure out what its going to look like-I think the general idea is correct, just the overall conclusion is not. 

16 hours ago, Deanh said:

it may look overly short due to the fact its the 2 door...I also think it looks odd somehow, but cant put my finger on it...and I somehow doubt the Windshield frame will be that thick..tires look like training wheels to top it off...

Yeah, there are a lot of different oddities in that rendering the contribute to some goofy looking proportions.