Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I actually like it a lot.  Of course the actual truck might be be even better.  I do agree the windshield pillars are to thick.  I like all of the non-metallic colors on it makes it different from all of the metallic paint jobs out there.

As the owner of an EB-and my wife is beating on me to  get it back on road- I like it!  If it is at all close to  this "rendering" I think they will have done a great job of bringing the original back with an updated look.  In particular when you look at all the various pix that show what I assume it can easily convert to.

I posted this about all these renders over on the Bronco forum and it definitely still applies with this one:

So I have been racking my brain trying to figure this out for a few days now. I like the renders y'all have been putting out, but every single one has something... missing. So I think it's because we are skipping a generation of Bronco. Allow me to explain:

Ford has had nameplates that are either continuous or that come back around for a long time now. Specifically; I'm referring to the Ford GT and the Mustang(More importantly the GT). Now, we have had 3 generations of GT; and 6 generations of Mustang. The 1st generations of both are iconic vehicles; definitely in the top few most iconic vehicles ever. But right up there with both is the Bronco 1st generation. Now here's the catch; we only ever got one generation of production "BRONCO". The later Broncos; they're OK. But nobody is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on one with a Coyote in it that's rebuilt from the frame up like the first-gen. Now here's the catch; the other two Ford vehicles that are of similar importance have had multiple generations to "grow up" but the Bronco has not. So I think that the renders we have been getting are a bit slavish to the design. We are seeing renders of a possible Bronco SECOND generation, when in reality the 2nd generation Bronco was the 2004 concept. So we need to be moving on to the 3rd generation, which, for example of the Ford GT is WAY different than the original.

To draw it out per se:

Ford GT40 -> 2005 Ford GT -> 2017 Ford GT
Mustang 1st generation -> Mustang 5th generation -> Mustang 6th Generation
1st Gen Bronco -> 2004 Concept/Renders -> Bronco 6G

The BroncoBronco is going to be the 2017 Ford GT or the 2015 Mustang of the Bronco lineup, which means while it is going to have retro features it will not be overly retro like the renders we've been seeing. If anything, and this is a wild guess, I think it might be even more modern than the GT or Mustang is, and that the Bronco R may have even understated a lot of the design and styling features on it. This may be pure speculation, but to me all the secrecy and the fact that we have not even seen a prototype yet is not adding up if we're getting what these renders represent, Ford has to be hiding a lot more. I know this was probably a bit of a rant, but I have a feeling that we may be looking a bit too much at the past design language and not thinking about Ford's current design language and how to incorporate Bronco elements into that.

It's a bit different proportion to render above, that looks too much like jeep

4-Door wheelbase is not that long, rear doors go up over front 1/3 of wheel arch

so therefore, body line is higher. Front of hood and fenders has more pronounced rake

Edited by jpd80

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The C&D Renderer looks good proportion wise vs the "amateur" one, but the big issue I have with it is the lower part looks overwrought (from the bumper/trim) and I don't think it will have bumpers or blacked out trim like that. 

The C&D article has been updated.  https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30434471/new-ford-bronco-design/

HRG

35 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

That what I'm basing my comments on-the bottom around the car with the black bumpers and trim doesn't look right and with the running boards it looks "fat" a the bottom. I'd expect it to be more like the Ranger and curve under the Truck

Image result for 2019 Ranger

16 hours ago, Nickp said:

I posted this about all these renders over on the Bronco forum and it definitely still applies with this one:

So I have been racking my brain trying to figure this out for a few days now. I like the renders y'all have been putting out, but every single one has something... missing. So I think it's because we are skipping a generation of Bronco. Allow me to explain:

Ford has had nameplates that are either continuous or that come back around for a long time now. Specifically; I'm referring to the Ford GT and the Mustang(More importantly the GT). Now, we have had 3 generations of GT; and 6 generations of Mustang. The 1st generations of both are iconic vehicles; definitely in the top few most iconic vehicles ever. But right up there with both is the Bronco 1st generation. Now here's the catch; we only ever got one generation of production "BRONCO". The later Broncos; they're OK. But nobody is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on one with a Coyote in it that's rebuilt from the frame up like the first-gen.

Not true.

1995 Ford Bronco Coyote-powered Off-road Classic
132860450.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

2011 Ford Raptor Wrapped in a 1993 Bronco Shell

1993-Bronco-with-2011-Ford-Raptor-frame-

It may not be a "new reproduction" Super Bronco, but even the OJ Broncos are getting serious resto love.

Edited by probowler

3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

All these renders are nailing individual elements, but completely losing scale and interaction. 

I don't envision too much protesting around here come May... or sooner. 

I just asked a <25yo Toyota 4Runner owner what he thought of that rendering and he said it was awesome and he would shop that in a minute.

Now that is great news!

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco is going to have a much shorter wheelbase than the Wrangler,

that means the rear door is going to go over the rear wheel dogleg.

If that feature is not right, then the rest of the CGI gets messed up.

I thought the wheelbases would be almost identical?

22 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Nope, more like Everest ~112" for four door.

It gives it  a  noticeably different look to Wrangler

Interesting. Assuming big enough tires fit this could very easily have way better approach/break over/departure angles than the Wrangler. Hopefully it has the suspension to match.

25 minutes ago, Nickp said:

Interesting. Assuming big enough tires fit this could very easily have way better approach/break over/departure angles than the Wrangler. Hopefully it has the suspension to match.

Bronco is going to be a different mix of features and priorities to the Wrangler,

it is after all a Bronco, not a Wrangler copy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco is going to be a different mix of features and priorities to the Wrangler,

it is after all a Bronco, not a Wrangler copy.

Very true. So looking for a few hints, so the tarp picture that Ford has released is that the final Bronco? Or was the shadow behind the baby bronco the actual final silhouette? We are discussing this on the Bronco forums and comparing the renders, seems like both are a bit different and even the Bronco R is a bit more so.

7 minutes ago, Nickp said:

Very true. So looking for a few hints, so the tarp picture that Ford has released is that the final Bronco? Or was the shadow behind the baby bronco the actual final silhouette? We are discussing this on the Bronco forums and comparing the renders, seems like both are a bit different and even the Bronco R is a bit more so.

Retractable.

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco is going to have a much shorter wheelbase than the Wrangler,

that means the rear door is going to go over the rear wheel dogleg.

If that feature is not right, then the rest of the CGI gets messed up.

Image result for bronco R

new-ford-bronco-rendering-by-nick-kalote

Image result for white jeep wrangler 2019

Found the problem-it looks like they are using the Wrangler as a starting point for their renders or are screwing up the wheel base according to the Bronco R. If they moved the Wheels in a bit using the Bronco R, it would be more accurate. 

• Like 1