Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

A couple things I picked up in the C&D article was the 35" tires and rear leaf springs.  My 2019 Wrangler Rubicon comes with 33" tires but can handle 35" (BFGs which are more like 34s) without a lift.  It'll be interesting if the Bronco comes out of the box with that capability.  I don't think the rear leaf spring assumption is correct.  I'm betting coil springs with training arms etc.

5 hours ago, buddysystem said:

A couple things I picked up in the C&D article was the 35" tires and rear leaf springs.  My 2019 Wrangler Rubicon comes with 33" tires but can handle 35" (BFGs which are more like 34s) without a lift.  It'll be interesting if the Bronco comes out of the box with that capability.  I don't think the rear leaf spring assumption is correct.  I'm betting coil springs with training arms etc.

Watts Link seen on mules over 12 months ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

MAP is supposed to be the only source globally for Bronco, and word is its no longer a global program. 

I see. It's just that the T4 is, at the same time, so close to the Bronco and so disconnected from everything else at Ford that it's hard to see it in a big picture of the company.

2 hours ago, passis said:

I see. It's just that the T4 is, at the same time, so close to the Bronco and so disconnected from everything else at Ford that it's hard to see it in a big picture of the company.

Trust me, T4 is not even on the global radar, it's a local project intended to fill a need in South America.

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Watts Link seen on mules over 12 months ago.

9 hours ago, buddysystem said:

It doesn't have leaf springs or Watts link.

1 hour ago, pictor said:

So we have now seen 2 different prototypes in action, both of which share no actual components with the Bronco other than chassis and power train. So Ford is just trolling us, or more importantly trolling Jeep at this point right?

Edited by Nickp

4 hours ago, chris532 said:

It doesn't have leaf springs or Watts link.

It does have Watts link. (wink)

In the pictures of the chassis mules last year you can see

the trailing arms and partially concealed cross links.

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, Nickp said:

So we have now seen 2 different prototypes in action, both of which share no actual components with the Bronco other than chassis and power train. So Ford is just trolling us, or more importantly trolling Jeep at this point right?

It's a drip feed promotion that's designed to make you scan social media for any further updates.

3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It's a drip feed promotion that's designed to make you scan social media for any further updates.

You'd think they'd start with something a bit more inspiring than an ultra ugly mule failing to do anything off road that an Escape couldn't have done.  Most peoples first reaction to that thing is already repulsion.

3 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

You'd think they'd start with something a bit more inspiring than an ultra ugly mule failing to do anything off road that an Escape couldn't have done.  Most peoples first reaction to that thing is already repulsion.

Infuriating isn't it.....but I bet you'll keep watching for the next tidbit.

For once there are no leaks of images months or years before Ford is ready

and it's killing some people...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

I'm not the average consumer, I'm highly motivated, and I'm no brand fanboy.  My response to that isn't very flattering.

and yet you're still here.

trust me the wait is worth it..:)

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2