Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Just hide his replies-I've done that and the stupidity disappears 

Sometimes it's like watching a train wreck though, you can't look away.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

the SRA was something that was shared with me from someone in the inside as avail aftermarket, nothing was mentioned as to it being ordered from the factory pre-installed , maybe avail as a Ford Racing Part perhaps....so who knows, but I DO expect Ford to address after market BIG time with the Bronco...theres $$$$$ to be made...and for once Im hoping Ford does it internally rather than leaving it to outside companies...and IIRC there was mention of a "hard core" model in the lineup....so jurys out....

Someone over at Bronco6g was basically confirming the Aviator's PHEV powertrain would make its way to Bronco in some form.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Someone over at Bronco6g was basically confirming the Aviator's PHEV powertrain would make its way to Bronco in some form.

It will either be a version of that or the FHEV from Explorer. Having a frame will be a boon for battery packaging, they may even be able to fit bigger batteries/motors in there. 

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It will either be a version of that or the FHEV from Explorer. Having a frame will be a boon for battery packaging, they may even be able to fit bigger batteries/motors in there. 

I think he mentioned Aviator, though.  And specifically put a picture of a plug in the thread.

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well considering the A10 transmission is the Hybrid transmission, I don't see them being able to make a bigger motor to fit into it..then again we might be surprised. 

The big thing that we need to know is there going to be an upgrade from the 2.3L and the topend engine that will be in the Bronco R or Raptor or whatever they are calling it. 

I could personally live with 2.3L Hybrid as an upgrade over the base engine :)

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Big difference between an axle on a car you can’t see vs a full blown off road package.

Its also not about whether the buyers use it or not - I doubt most Raptors go desert running - it’s about what people will pay for.

And yes you can do that with IFS and it probably makes more sense to make it an aftermarket part, but I could see a business case for making it a unique model.  Just depends on how hardcore they want to go.

there was a release a while ago that our principle shared....there was mention of a Bronco AND Ranger  PERFORMANCE models.....

• Like 1

This talk of aviator engines has reminded me that it would be awesome to have a fancy Lincoln bronco.  .

Since it seems to be accepted that ford and Lincoln will share architectures, I dont see a reason why Lincoln couldn't have a lux bronc. My guess is ford will wait to see how the regular bronco does, but are there any mystery Lincoln projects in the works that Could be such a vehicle?

Edited by probowler

Probowler, I don't see a lux bronc as fitting in with Lincoln these days. They are now about style, a very American (and very luxurious) interior, and a "quiet flight" (though powerful) driving experience. Personally, I'd love to see the return of a hot rod Lincoln or a lux bronc style serious off-road capable SUV (think Range Rover Sport), but I don't expect them.

43 minutes ago, probowler said:

This talk of aviator engines has reminded me that it would be awesome to have a fancy Lincoln bronco.  .

Since it seems to be accepted that ford and Lincoln will share architectures, I dont see a reason why Lincoln couldn't have a lux bronc. My guess is ford will wait to see how the regular bronco does, but are there any mystery Lincoln projects in the works that Could be such a vehicle?

Hard no

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Well considering the A10 transmission is the Hybrid transmission, I don't see them being able to make a bigger motor to fit into it..then again we might be surprised. 

The big thing that we need to know is there going to be an upgrade from the 2.3L and the topend engine that will be in the Bronco R or Raptor or whatever they are calling it. 

I could personally live with 2.3L Hybrid as an upgrade over the base engine :)

We've been reading about 2.3 standard, no 2.7, but having the Aviator's 3.0PHEV.  I wonder if a second upgrade option could be hiding in plain sight - the 3.0EB itself (no hybrid)?

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I am definitely interested in my next vehicle being a hybrid. Not quite ready to go full BEV yet but I could make it work as a commuter car. It will either be a Bronco or NG Ranger if it has a hybrid option

Totally on board with you here.

53 minutes ago, probowler said:

I don't see that as necessary.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

there was a release a while ago that our principle shared....there was mention of a Bronco AND Ranger  PERFORMANCE models.....

Wasn’t there something in the UAW contract about a Bronco accessory area or words to that effect?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco and NG Ranger as brothers under the skin, the frame design and power trains similar but different..... maybe whatever high series /HP engineering can be done once and shared......

would not surprise me in the slightest if the reference pertains to a Raptor Ranger and a Hardcore Bronco...….

I am taking the 3.0 aviator powertrain mention on the Bronco forums with a few grains of salt. The one other thing is that I remember someone either in this thread or another one on here said that Jeep was going to “shit themselves” when they saw the Bronco powertrain options. The 3.0 hybrid would definitely do that. 2.7 not so much.

Just now, Nickp said:

I am taking the 3.0 aviator powertrain mention on the Bronco forums with a few grains of salt. The one other thing is that I remember someone either in this thread or another one on here said that Jeep was going to “shit themselves” when they saw the Bronco powertrain options. The 3.0 hybrid would definitely do that. 2.7 not so much.

oh Im not sure....2.7 in a 2 door with the 7 speed manual trans...Im all in......

16 minutes ago, Nickp said:

So the 2.7 rated at say 325hp/380tq (at minimum) wouldn’t outclass any of the current Wrangler gas engine options?  

28 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

So the 2.7 rated at say 325hp/380tq (at minimum) wouldn’t outclass any of the current Wrangler gas engine options?  

The new eco diesel has a decent amount less horsepower but a decent amount more torque. Who knows how the “butt dyno” would compare though.