Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

4 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It’s more to do with wheel positioning to the windshield and ride height

The top one is clearly different, they measured the tire diameter  at around 32”

Right and the video you commented on is the Regular Bronco, not Baby :) Thats what this is stemming from. 

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Right and the video you commented on is the Regular Bronco, not Baby :) Thats what this is stemming from. 

Ok I’m getting mixed up here, sorry 

Correct, Six lug wheels = T6 Bronco 

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't see much change between the Baby Bronco and what the 2020 Escape can do when it comes to that.

Another thought-what about a multi-piece glass roof? Part of it opens up, but you have the option of a clear roof or one that can be dimmed electronically depending on the sun? 

You mean like Flex?

Just now, akirby said:

Flex BAMR dims electronically???

Mine doesn't. You could get it optioned with power sunshades but I don't have that option. 

it's also one big piece of glass over the rear 1/2 of the roof with 3 different viewing windows. Not sure if that's the usual way of doing it or not. The front is the conventional power moonroof 

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

The black thing on the roof of Baby Bronco looks like a spoiler that deploys to reduce wind buffering when the roof is open. You can see it is hinged to the top of the windshield so it can articulate.

If you blow the photo up, its actually taped with no hinges (as far as I can tell)

7 minutes ago, 351cid said:

Bridgestone IS Firestone (or the other way aroound).

Oh, I know....I actually have a set of Firestone Winterforce II snows on the Lincoln...great traction. Would love to get a set of Firestone RWL tires for my '83 Mustang GLX, but alas..they ain't available in 225/60R15...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Oh, I know....I actually have a set of Firestone Winterforce II snows on the Lincoln...great traction. Would love to get a set of Firestone RWL tires for my '83 Mustang GLX, but alas..they ain't available in 225/60R15...

Not to get off topic, but finding 14" or 15" tires is getting difficult. When I was shopping for my Torino, there were only two or three choices for 295/50-15. I chose Cooper Cobra because of my experience with them. I think Cooper & a Chinese brand were all that were available in 205/70-14 for my Ranger. It has Cooper's as well.

You can get reproduction tires, but who wants to spend that kind of coin for something that's driven regularly?:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I wonder if we might see an automated convertible hatch structure, one that folds away but obviously not to the rear hatch like a normal car convertible. It would be very smart if Ford could pull that off.....

Hm.  I'm definitely interested to see what roof mechanisms they have.  I'm leaning toward a hard top (presumably still removable with removable roof panels), as Wrangler's soft top setup is ugly.  But if they can come up with a good top mechanism, I'd consider it.

18 minutes ago, 351cid said:

Not to get off topic, but finding 14" or 15" tires is getting difficult. When I was shopping for my Torino, there were only two or three choices for 295/50-15. I chose Cooper Cobra because of my experience with them. I think Cooper & a Chinese brand were all that were available in 205/70-14 for my Ranger. It has Cooper's as well.

You can get reproduction tires, but who wants to spend that kind of coin for something that's driven regularly?:

I can get a set of BFG Radial T/A tires...but, just that nostalgia keeps tugging on my hood springs...lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't see much change between the Baby Bronco and what the 2020 Escape can do when it comes to that.

Another thought-what about a multi-piece glass roof? Part of it opens up, but you have the option of a clear roof or one that can be dimmed electronically depending on the sun? 

I was thinking of this too... perhaps similar to the old sliding roof?

512216d1363314534-sunroof-webasto-2013_l

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

that's just fixed glass though, isn't it? The big panel opens?

my wife’s pano roof opens on her Edge and has a similar trim panel right aft of the windshield. Trust me I know, the plastic panel needed to be replaced before delivery as it was damaged during shipping.

3CEA2CD3-2A42-4B25-8D5A-109B2FF6A172.thumb.jpeg.a417c99a99e257bdf54bef8867679471.jpeg

B2155F27-9741-433C-8B3F-3566068B7993.jpeg.ffa46746c6ae03f703783d6e61f3eb56.jpeg

Edited by Anthony