Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

13 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

The Baby Bronco is likely more her size.  She likes her Escape, but would like something just slightly larger.  I think a Bronco may be too big for her liking.  She doesn't even like driving the Flex anymore since she's used to the Escape.

Wait until you see the Bronco in person, you might be surprised. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In Ford’s research one of the biggest interest groups was Mustang owners, make of that what you will.....

I'm a Mustang & Bronco owner, and will be deciding "cross shopping" the new Bronco with a Mustang Mach E. Other than a Used GT350, there's nothing else I want in that price range. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

The Baby Bronco is likely more her size.  She likes her Escape, but would like something just slightly larger.  I think a Bronco may be too big for her liking.  She doesn't even like driving the Flex anymore since she's used to the Escape.

My wife likes the size of her 2011 Edge (184 inches long).  The new Escape is slightly smaller at 180 inches.  It’s also a little bit narrower.  I suspect the Baby Bronco will also be a little smaller.  The Bronco might be the right size.  Still have to convince her.  Once they reveal the Bronco, I’ll get her to look at it a little more closely. 

• Like 1

So if I’m getting it his correct, we’re going to get something that will make mustang owners happy (V8) and the aviator hybrid system?

I’ve said this since day one the Bronco will never come with a V8 in a million years; and I was fine with that. But not gonna lie I’m doubting my conviction based on some of the whispers I’ve been hearing here...

Edited by Nickp

23 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Not offering false hope here but whatever is offered will be way more than just an atmo V6.

Thats the only engine outside a v8 i would be interested in....v6 in baby bronco would be great..have no cares for full size bronc..not interested in any turbo garbage either...

16 minutes ago, snooter said:

Thats the only engine outside a v8 i would be interested in....v6 in baby bronco would be great..have no cares for full size bronc..not interested in any turbo garbage either...

There is no full sized Bronco just the Mid sized Bronco and a compact Bronco.

Edited by jpd80

8 minutes ago, snooter said:

Dont care what they are referred to..v6 with no turbo in baby bronc i am interested in...i do not care about the explorer sized bronco....

It’s not Explorer sized, it’s a lot smaller more like Edge size and it has IFS so I guess this is where you get off....

Baby Bronco at best will share 2.3 EB with Corsair, not sure that there will be an Escape ST 2.3 EB. But I can say with certainty that there will be no V6 in baby Bronco

Edited by jpd80

20 hours ago, CurtisH said:

Now, if I can just convince my wife that she wants a Bronco.  ?

My daughter wants a Jeep, so she might be a lucky kid and get a Bronco instead, when in reality it will actually just be for me as well?

If that ends up being the case, it likely won’t be the performance version, but I can’t get too greedy I guess. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snooter said:

So there never was truly any attempt to dislodge heep?...well lets see how long it stays relevant in the market place with name (bronco) alone....seems its more oriented towards the slab dwellers and not off road...v6 non turbo should be offered...

I guarantee you that a lot of Jeeps don’t  ever see serious off roading, there’s a lot more overlap with this Bronco than you can imagine.

Edited by jpd80

I am not sure what market ford is chasing with the bronc...it seems far more oriented to slab (ifs) and not a serious attempt to compete with the wrongler...i do think you were correct with ford wanting a piece of the aftermarket goodies but i think that will be limited due to final product design we are given...its all a mute point at this time as the bronc is not even available but mustang owners being most interested is a strong clue where the bronc appears to headed...

9 minutes ago, snooter said:

I am not sure what market ford is chasing with the bronc...it seems far more oriented to slab (ifs) and not a serious attempt to compete with the wrongler...i do think you were correct with ford wanting a piece of the aftermarket goodies but i think that will be limited due to final product design we are given...its all a mute point at this time as the bronc is not even available but mustang owners being most interested is a strong clue where the bronc appears to headed...

Heep. Wrongler. You're a regular Mark Twain.

31 minutes ago, snooter said:

"Faux rugged luxury" is probably best way to describe the niche market ford is trying to carve out with the bronc...dont like it but its probably best place for the bronc to slot-in and be somewhat profitable over the long term

You don’t have a clue, do you?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wait until you see the Bronco in person, you might be surprised. 

I think a lot of people misconstrue the size of the Escape and its platform sibling the baby/Scout/Maverick/whatever simply because they're at the small end of what Ford offers here.  They're not small. 

The size difference between the baby and the Bronco is probably only a couple inches of length and a foot of height.  The 750-1000lb weight difference is probably more relevant.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

I think a lot of people misconstrue the size of the Escape and its platform sibling the baby/Scout/Maverick/whatever simply because they're at the small end of what Ford offers here.  They're not small. 

The size difference between the baby and the Bronco is probably only a couple inches of length and a foot of height.  The 750-1000lb weight difference is probably more relevant.

I think you hit the nail on the head. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo