Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Hi Nobody, nice to have you on the team. It's true, we couldn't have the Bronco without you, but unless you have been pounding on the table, browsing Bronco forums, actually driving a Bronco, and signing petitions to Ford, you're not a hardcore Bronco dude. That's okay though. and on behalf of the actual enthusiasts, your welcome for keeping the dream alive. Enjoy your over-sized Bronco.

Here's my suggestion to Ford. No doubt, they will have a pre-order system like MME or CT, have the 2-door Bronco require a $1K non-refundable deposit, and let's see how many of those "hardcore" enthusiasts pay up or shut up. In 2 or 3 years, we'll have an idea of the 2 vs 4 door ratio.

HRG

5 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Here's my suggestion to Ford. No doubt, they will have a pre-order system like MME or CT, have the 2-door Bronco require a $1K non-refundable deposit, and let's see how many of those "hardcore" enthusiasts pay up or shut up. In 2 or 3 years, we'll have an idea of the 2 vs 4 door ratio.

HRG

Honestly I think it will be much sooner than that. Probably within a year, maybe 2. 

2 hours ago, probowler said:

Hi Nobody, nice to have you on the team. It's true, we couldn't have the Bronco without you, but unless you have been pounding on the table, browsing Bronco forums, actually driving a Bronco, and signing petitions to Ford, you're not a hardcore Bronco dude. That's okay though. and on behalf of the actual enthusiasts, your welcome for keeping the dream alive. Enjoy your over-sized Bronco.

And the 4-door buyers is what will make the Bronco possible.  If it weren't for the 4-door, it wouldn't be coming back, and it definitely would not stick around.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, probowler said:Nobody asked for 4-doors, and while there will be plenty of buyers, nobody who has spent years ndreaming of a new bronco ever went... "Man, I wish they'd build a new 4-door Bronco".

This is literally not true. I’ve wanted a 4-door Bronco from the beginning and wouldn’t even entertain a 2-door. I need the cargo space. How am I going to fit an elk into a 2-door??

2 hours ago, probowler said:

LOL as if a petition did anything. I am one of the most active members on the Bronco6G forum and I do not and have never owned a Bronco. I drive a Jeep Wrangler. But I love Broncos, have always loved them, and I want Ford to kick ass with it and it seems they are going to. Sorry that I don’t have $40k kicking around to pick up a 1st gen because the full size Broncos aren’t comparable. 

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I remember these growing up. I wonder if this is where they pulled Explorer from?

Most likely, there was a Ranger Edge in the late 1990s also, and that is where the Edge nameplate came from

I think the Escape was something new without any ties to any Ford products prior to it. 

15 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

It also didn't have removable doors on any of them either.  The early roadster simply didn't have doors in the first place.  

There were all those patents about alternate doors.  Plus, there'd be no reason to mount the mirrors on the pillars if the doors didn't come off.

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Well yeah... the Bronco is a 2-door SUV. Nobody asked for 4-doors, and while there will be plenty of buyers, nobody who has spent years ndreaming of a new bronco ever went... "Man, I wish they'd build a new 4-door Bronco".

Until they finally reveal it, I expect lots of hate and doubt.. I haven' seen many people outside this forum confident that Ford can pull this off. 

I'd have zero interest in Bronco without a 4 door.  But it's at the top of my list to replace both cars.  As has been pointed out, Bronco period wouldn't even be possible without the 4-door.

4 hours ago, snooter said:

Ok..to interpret this the bronc II.5 comes first then ford may hose us on the real bronc (2 door) or we may finally get the (2 door) in 2027 but to bust our nuts even further it will only have the 3cylinder cause we want ATP...if ford cant fix chiraq quality issues soon no point in even concerning ourselves with this...hackett needs to go back to making stools and file cabinets and we need somebody in that office that can build something fun...outside mustang they have nothing that is fun..boring best describes it

What in the world are you talking about?

Weird this quote/reply popped up when I opened the page - forgive me if I posted it already, but I'm posting it again in case.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:19 PM, silvrsvt said:

The doors should be removable, even without external hinges

I don't even think the Bronco had external hinges at all in any of its designs...so it wouldn't fit its DNA. 

There also were several patents for various different "door" inserts (ones with just bars, bars with airbags, etc) with the regular doors removed.  I know a lot of patents don't get used, but in this case, I doubt we'd see those patents not used here.  There'd be no other use for them.

Edited by rmc523