Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 minutes ago, passis said:

By my accounts, the baby Bronco should be around the corner... Wasn't it supposed to appear +/- 6 months before the Bronco?

They will he revealed at the same event IIRC.

14 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I wouldn't be the least bit suprised that this is a controlled leak that we are going to have over the next 6 months or so.

Eh... I’m not sure. It’s possible but with how uptight they’ve been about not showing anything idk. I’m just curious when we’ll get to see the finalized prototypes out and about. They have kept them on a DAMN tight leash.

ford-baby-bronco-1542128437.jpg?resize=4

it looks a bit different than the lights on the baby bronco that was leaked. The led accent lights don’t form a full circle on it. Besides that, it looks very similar. In fact someone mentioned the front has changed a bit since this picture so it very well could be the baby bronco.

12 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

ford-baby-bronco-1542128437.jpg?resize=4

it looks a bit different than the lights on the baby bronco that was leaked. The led accent lights don’t form a full circle on it. Besides that, it looks very similar. In fact someone mentioned the front has changed a bit since this picture so it very well could be the baby bronco.

also the photo leaked of the grill mold doesn’t match up with the headlight just shown off. So the grill is most likely the baby bronco. 

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Where did you hear that? I don't remember ever hearing or reading that anywhere. 

I haven't heard that either but I think it makes sense that Ford will show both at the same time. It's going to be really weird to show Baby Bronco before the Bronco Bronco. How do you message that? PR nightmare.

I believe Baby Bronco will end up on dealer lots maybe 4 or 5 months ahead of Bronco Bronco but it's not unreasonable to assume they will debut at the same time. In fact, there will be technically 3 Broncos: Baby, Regular 2 door, and Regular 4 door. 

I'm sure this is an LED fixture which accounts for the unusual bar design across the center of the round reflector. 

I also recognize this facility, it's one of Ford's headlight suppliers.  I've known a few of the guys working on Ford fixtures over the years. 

Also worth nothing is that it looks like this fixture doesn't have a circular DRL like the Mini, unless the chrome is transparent.  I don't think you can have a masked DRL, but maybe they worked some magic.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Assimilator said:

It's hard to get a sense of the boundaries with this fixture because it looks like it's meant to be surrounded by trim. 

I covered the non-exposed parts of the headlight in a shade of red.  The visible parts are what we should see/not covered by trim:

image.png.6942356e42c6a356ae644e7524e59c16.png

22 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I'm sure this is an LED fixture which accounts for the unusual bar design across the center of the round reflector. 

I also recognize this facility, it's one of Ford's headlight suppliers.  I've known a few of the guys working on Ford fixtures over the years. 

Also worth nothing is that it looks like this fixture doesn't have a circular DRL like the Mini, unless the chrome is transparent.  I don't think you can have a masked DRL, but maybe they worked some magic.  

I also found it interesting there doesn't seem to be a ring DRL.

On several models, Ford's DRL is just the headlight on, though.

On several models, Ford's DRL is just the headlight on, though.

Honestly... that's all you need, but I will say the LED DRL strips you see on higher end or luxury cars does look cool!

LED headlights on the Baby Bronc?  Makes me excited to see what a high-end Bronco will look like!  Hopefully Ford does a good job of balancing it with low-cost,high durability off-road models which don't look "cheap", while also offering some more expensive luxury models that bring in the???

As much as I love my old Bronco, the 90's interior is neither durable nor pleasant on the eyes.

18 minutes ago, probowler said:

Honestly... that's all you need, but I will say the LED DRL strips you see on higher end or luxury cars does look cool!

LED headlights on the Baby Bronc?  Makes me excited to see what a high-end Bronco will look like!  Hopefully Ford does a good job of balancing it with low-cost,high durability off-road models which don't look "cheap", while also offering some more expensive luxury models that bring in the???

As much as I love my old Bronco, the 90's interior is neither durable nor pleasant on the eyes.

this is the big Bronco's headlight.

Here's baby Bronco's grille insert.  You can clearly see the headlight assembly from this thread wouldn't fit properly in this insert.  Similar style to keep the family look, sure, but not the same setup:

image.thumb.png.35a7ea99825f4ab21e571f4d1f69be60.png

image.png.6942356e42c6a356ae644e7524e59c16.png

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This whole baby bronco setup looks bizzare in that  photo!  The best way i can describe it,is the entire front end of the baby bronc sticking though the radiator support of a much larger vehicle.

Right?  It looks like the headlight should wrap around the front end into the fenders, but then you have all that fat metal extending like 3-4 inches past where the headlight begins to wrap?

On 12/30/2019 at 5:10 PM, probowler said:

This whole baby bronco setup looks bizzare in that  photo!  The best way i can describe it,is the entire front end of the baby bronc sticking though the radiator support of a much larger vehicle.

Right?  It looks like the headlight should wrap around the front end into the fenders, but then you have all that fat metal extending like 3-4 inches past where the headlight begins to wrap?

This is what the visible part of the grille insert would look like.  I took liberties with creating a headlight look, but this is my guess:

image.png.6fcb55d0da8a25ccf1f04035f2832334.png

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:45 PM, passis said:

By my accounts, the baby Bronco should be around the corner... Wasn't it supposed to appear +/- 6 months before the Bronco?

I think they should just release the entire Bronco family at the same time, at this years Detroit Auto Show. I think this show will be huge with it's additional indoor and outdoor space, and the move away from winter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

I think they should just release the entire Bronco family at the same time, at this years Detroit Auto Show. I think this show will be huge with it's additional indoor and outdoor space, and the move away from winter. 

Thats in June though. Ford says Bronco debuts in Spring, which is probably March/April.