Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I think it's a safe bet the Bronco won't debut at an AutoShow, but I'm sure it will make an appearances at NAIAS.

Bronco is 2021, Ranger is 2023.  The Bronco is largely based on the upgraded North American Ranger frame, but HUGE suspension and top-hat differences. 

Edited by Assimilator

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

not what Ive been told...Bronco Sport actually hitting the ground next year...Bronco is at least 14 months away...they'll release it for people to start drooling...but it wont hit lots for most likely 12 months after that...much like the Mach E...11/17/ 2019 release///not at lots for 12 months after that...   

when the new Escape debuted here in the US a major Ford guy (I forget who) said the baby Bronco would follow in 6 months...so I still think production will begin March 2020, in showrooms May or so. 

4 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Early on when Ford first announced the return of both the Ranger and Bronco there was speculation that they would share not only a platform but also some sheet metal. Any chance that will actually happen with the next gen Ranger?

NO....

From Ford's announcement to Dealers yesterday.

Ford is confirming the production Bronco’s world premiere in spring 2020. More than a symbol of off-road capability and durability, the iconic Ford 4x4 is coveted by outdoor enthusiasts and represents America’s original “sports utility vehicle,” coining the segment decades before it was even an acronym back in 1966.

Ford_Bronco_World Premiere_Logo.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

14 hours ago, Deanh said:

extremely dragged out is an understatement when it comes to the Bronco...

As frustrating as it is, be glad they scrapped the first few attempts.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bronco is getting the same treatment internally as F-Series and Mustang.  They know how good it has to be and they weren't satisfied until it was.

• Like 10

There was a post on Bronco6g.com about the Bronco (not specified as to which one) having 250 accessories at launch and at the top of the paper it said late 2020 availability. 

The Baby Bronco launch is kinda in the dark-the prevailing thought was it was going to catiualian with the Mach E due to timing, but the new rumor Is it going to Hermosillo when the Fusion/MKZ end production or even Louisville. That would mean the Fusion stops in less then six months. 

I’m guessing once the contract is signed with the UAW will have more info on upcoming products. 

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

There was a post on Bronco6g.com about the Bronco (not specified as to which one) having 250 accessories at launch and at the top of the paper it said late 2020 availability. 

The Baby Bronco launch is kinda in the dark-the prevailing thought was it was going to catiualian with the Mach E due to timing, but the new rumor Is it going to Hermosillo when the Fusion/MKZ end production or even Louisville. That would mean the Fusion stops in less then six months. 

I’m guessing once the contract is signed with the UAW will have more info on upcoming products. 

Theres nothing in the contract about anything new going into Louisville. 

18 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Baby Bronco is being built in Mexico. Ford has already confirmed it will sell in Brazil/Argentina. Much easier and cost effective to import from Mexico.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Theres nothing in the contract about anything new going into Louisville. 

exactly my point-but is it catualian or Hermosillo? 

the latest rumor has it at Hermosillo, which means it won’t be in production till late summer? Is there any info on the Fusion end of production next spring/early summer? I haven’t see anything 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be one of those who complains no matter what?

On 11/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be one of those who complains no matter what?

I like vibrant interior colors, and I hope the new Bronco brings that fun styling back. Not sure why you're replying to my comment with nothing to contribute? 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

the latest rumor has it at Hermosillo, which means it won’t be in production till late summer? Is there any info on the Fusion end of production next spring/early summer? I haven’t see anything 

Fiesta production ended a few months ago. Cataualian would only have the Mach E in it. Thats not enough. 

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Ford hasn't released any of the 2020MY balance out schedules yet. I expect they'll start releasing that information in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) after New Year's. I have a meeting with out Ford Zone Manager tomorrow morning and will ask him if he knows anything yet about when Fusion production will balance out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Interesting that they refer to the 3rd/5th door as a "swinggate" using the same terminology as the Ecosport.  I get the impression that would be a very unpopular approach given it's implications for restricting how much of the roof is going to be removable.

Once you see how it works it will make sense. The purists will probably still complain but they're going to be looking for stuff to complain about anyway. 

• Like 2