Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

On 11/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, silvrsvt said:

There was a post on Bronco6g.com about the Bronco (not specified as to which one) having 250 accessories at launch and at the top of the paper it said late 2020 availability. 

The Baby Bronco launch is kinda in the dark-the prevailing thought was it was going to catiualian with the Mach E due to timing, but the new rumor Is it going to Hermosillo when the Fusion/MKZ end production or even Louisville. That would mean the Fusion stops in less then six months. 

I’m guessing once the contract is signed with the UAW will have more info on upcoming products. 

In that Product and Investment document we now see - it has an item under MAP that says "Bronco/Ranger Mod center" - I assume that means an area dedicated to producing accessories for the two?  Or is that something different?

On 11/3/2019 at 11:37 AM, Stampede.Offroad said:

Ford refers to the Bronco as having a "swinggate" in the recent union documents, and the EcoSport has a rear door referred to as a swinggate.  If the Bronco was going to have a device similar to the classic EB or FSB, I would expect it to use a term similar to the pickups, "tailgate", but that isn't how they worded it -- Ranger in the same document explicitly has a different term, tailgate. 

If the 3rd/5th door of the Bronco was going to function substantially mechanically differently or have a substantially different form factor, I would have expected it to have a term that differentiated it from the EcoSport's "swinggate".  For example the Expedition, Edge etc have a "liftgate", while its form is similar to the swinggate, it operates differently, so it gets a different term.

I really don't understand your complaint.  WTF else are they supposed to call a door/"gate" that swings open sideways?  SUPERSWINGGATENOUPPERPORTION9000 (R) ? That doesn't mean they're going to slap EcoSport's door on Bronco and dust off their hands.  As akirby pointed out, a liftgate lifts upward.  A tailgate falls down, a swinggate swings sideways.  It's really not that hard to figure out.  Clearly it'll have something similar to Wrangler - or perhaps a retractable window instead.  You're making it out to be this massive issue that it really isn't.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

In that Product and Investment document we now see - it has an item under MAP that says "Bronco/Ranger Mod center" - I assume that means an area dedicated to producing accessories for the two?  Or is that something different?

I think that's where they install the factory accessories like bedliners, stripes, etc.   They have that for F150 now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I really don't understand your complaint.  WTF else are they supposed to call a door/"gate" that swings open sideways?  SUPERSWINGGATENOUPPERPORTION9000 (R) ? That doesn't mean they're going to slap EcoSport's door on Bronco and dust off their hands.  As akirby pointed out, a liftgate lifts upward.  A tailgate falls down, a swinggate swings sideways.  It's really not that hard to figure out.  Clearly it'll have something similar to Wrangler - or perhaps a retractable window instead.  You're making it out to be this massive issue that it really isn't.

Uh, how about "Steve"?  ;)

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I think that's where they install the factory accessories like bedliners, stripes, etc.   They have that for F150 now. 

I agree. I think the Bronco will have countless accessories to the point of almost being able to make each one unique. I know, if I were Ford i'd be licensing to third parties the way Nintendo and other video game companies license products for their game systems to produce third party accessories that can be installed at the dealership. Ford and the dealership could make money off the installations and allow the modifications to be covered by warranty.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, ice-capades said:

Ford hasn't released any of the 2020MY balance out schedules yet. I expect they'll start releasing that information in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) after New Year's. I have a meeting with out Ford Zone Manager tomorrow morning and will ask him if he knows anything yet about when Fusion production will balance out. 

I talked to our Ford Zone Manager earlier today and as of now the last wholesale allocation meetings for the 2020MY Fusion will be in March 2020 with production to balance out in June or July. The timing of the 2020 Fusion balance out will be adjusted as necessary to allow enough time to retool the plant for the Bronco Sport production. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I really don't understand your complaint.  WTF else are they supposed to call a door/"gate" that swings open sideways?  SUPERSWINGGATENOUPPERPORTION9000 (R) ? That doesn't mean they're going to slap EcoSport's door on Bronco and dust off their hands.  ...

I'm not complaining, I just find it interesting.  I don't really care for a removable roof either, but a lot of other people do, and this kind of mechanism on the back of a Bronco would severely hinder that potential. 

I'm choosing not to assume meaning, and taking Ford at their word.  The Bronco is getting a swinggate, and the only thing Ford describes as a swing gate is something that would severely hinder roof removability...

swinggate.png.e4c9f875f4cd64e46d6a863bc632b9b3.png

20 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

I'm not complaining, I just find it interesting.  I don't really care for a removable roof either, but a lot of other people do, and this kind of mechanism on the back of a Bronco would severely hinder that potential. 

I'm choosing not to assume meaning, and taking Ford at their word.  The Bronco is getting a swinggate, and the only thing Ford describes as a swing gate is something that would severely hinder roof removability...

swinggate.png.e4c9f875f4cd64e46d6a863bc632b9b3.png

Just can't let it go, can you?

It will not have an Ecosport swing gate. I'll bet you $1000 to your favorite charity it won't.

As has been stated before, the Wrangler has a swinging endgate. It looks nothing like the Ecosports. Why you can't get that through your head is a mystery.

jcr-offroad-tailgate-molle-panel-jl-jlhmp-pc-main.jpg

2 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Just can't let it go, can you? ... Why you can't get that through your head is a mystery.

If you think I don't understand your argument, then you're missing the point.

Ford could tell us what the Bronco swinggate is, if it is different than what they currently describe as a swinggate.  Until then, the facts are that the Bronco is getting a device which up to this point Ford has only described as this thing which would greatly hinder the removability of the roof ...

swinggate.png.3316222d6dbe4827f1d8a6c55cb6c3cd.png

17 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Ford could tell us what the Bronco swinggate is, if it is different than what they currently describe as a swinggate.  Until then, the facts are that the Bronco is getting a device which up to this point Ford has only described as this thing which would greatly hinder the removability of the roof ...

Yep...pretty much what you say....but i myself cant see them going this route...wait, its ford so its possible..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Well you’re wrong 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well you’re wrong 

Oh I am?  Then please direct me to the official Ford statement which describes something else as a swing gate, which might be more suitable for Bronco roof removability than what they currently describe a swing gate as ... because I am deeply concerned that the upcoming Bronco having such a swing gate will mean the roof is not really removable or competitive with the Wrangler.

1803990087_unionagreement1.thumb.png.e82ff3194f737048a53e398495661c8f.png

1 minute ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Oh I am?  Then please direct me to the official Ford statement which describes something else as a swing gate, which might be more suitable for Bronco roof removability than what they currently describe a swing gate as ... because I am deeply concerned that the upcoming Bronco having such a swing gate will mean the roof is not really removable or competitive with the Wrangler.

Seriously? Are you going to take every effing thing given out for face value? Talk about reading into things that don't freaking exist. 

Your just arguing to argue with no point. You can't consecutively prove either point and I'd take Fuzzy's option over yours...because you know, he actually works for Ford and knows more then he can actually say? 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I talked to our Ford Zone Manager earlier today and as of now the last wholesale allocation meetings for the 2020MY Fusion will be in March 2020 with production to balance out in June or July. The timing of the 2020 Fusion balance out will be adjusted as necessary to allow enough time to retool the plant for the Bronco Sport production. 

Sounds so far away, but I know it'll get here like that *snaps fingers*

12 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

1803990087_unionagreement1.thumb.png.e82ff3194f737048a53e398495661c8f.png

I mean.  You really think Ford would go through all the effort of bringing back Bronco as a proper Wrangler competitor, and then just stick EcoSport's less than ideal swing gate on it?  That'd make zero sense.

Again.  It's a door that swings open.  There's no other name for it.

13 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Dude - THIS is also a swing gate.  And it's on a Wrangler.  It doesn't have to be a full height door.   Geez........

jeep-wrangler-3-1509977476-jpg.4206