2019 UAW Ford Highlights

Grandmaster B

Not too many details on some plant's particular products.  I wonder what the new engine at Dearborn is supposed to be or the "all-new" vehicle at Avon Lake in 2023.  Also, I am surprised that there was no mention of the new paint shop that is coming to Flat Rock.  I am sure that is a costly proposition. 

7 hours ago, deflep1 said:

Unlike GM who will only let 2,000 workers take the 60K to retire, Ford shows no limit on the number of takers. There will probably be 4 or 5 thousand people who take that deal. Probably 500 alone at Flat Rock. It took me 21 years to crack the top 1,000 in seniority and I might end up in the top 400 by February. Might finally be able to get into PDI.

yeah there is a limit, 200 skilled,  fyi

• Thanks 1

<iframe width="100%" height="180px" src="//percolate.blogtalkradio.com/offsiteplayer?hostId=49194&episodeId=11570899" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Despite the negativity in this radio broadcast they are actually breaking down the language. It is a good agreement in contrast to what GM agreed to. There is a clear path for temps with the cap. I would have preferred to have seen the cap on a plant per plant basis, but it’s better than no cap. 

in progression get a 4% annual raise in addition the prescribed 4% bi-annual raise and lump offsets. An in progression will get an 8% - 4%+Lump - 8% - 4%+Lump. 

steady raises between $1 to $2 dollars per hour every year until they top out. 

Everyone did lose the Christmas bonus but it doesn’t amount to much anyway. They make more in uncapped profit sharing than they lose in Christmas bonus. 

I have to support this agreement 100% and only because I know that the I-UAW is not going to take Ford out on strike to break parity on the main pillars of the language after the strike target has already ratified. 

Edited by Furious1Auto

9 minutes ago, Furious1Auto said:

<iframe width="100%" height="180px" src="//percolate.blogtalkradio.com/offsiteplayer?hostId=49194&episodeId=11570899" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Despite the negativity in this radio broadcast they are actually breaking down the language. It is a good agreement in contrast to what GM agreed to. There is a clear path for temps with the cap. I would have preferred to have seen the cap on a plant per plant basis, but it’s better than no cap. 

in progression get a 4% annual raise in addition the prescribed 4% bi-annual raise and lump offsets. An in progression will get an 8% - 4%+Lump - 8% - 4%+Lump. 

steady raises between $1 to $2 dollars per hour every year until they top out. 

Everyone did lose the Christmas bonus but it doesn’t amount to much anyway. They make more in uncapped profit sharing than they lose in Christmas bonus. 

I have to support this agreement 100% and only because I know that the I-UAW is not going to take Ford out on strike to break parity on the main pillars of the language after the strike target has already ratified. 

In Progression that are not at “Top Rate” do not get the 4% lump sum bonuses. Your info is wrong. I have 7 years in and will not get the first lump sum....which makes me believe that none of the In Progression employees would be eligible for it.

1 hour ago, Ontopya said:

In Progression that are not at “Top Rate” do not get the 4% lump sum bonuses. Your info is wrong. I have 7 years in and will not get the first lump sum....which makes me believe that none of the In Progression employees would be eligible for it.

He's not even a Ford employee, he's a janitor. 

• Like 1

This is from the book of changes. Company eligible contribution employees is eliminated. Does this mean the company is no longer contributing to In Progression employees’ TESPHE accounts? I was skeptical about it when nothing was mentioned about it in the highlights. I sure as hell hope that is not the case.

49C36340-80AD-4BA6-A06F-FF37525B1B5E.jpeg

Edited by Ontopya

8 minutes ago, BigDeal said:

Look at page 23I, the company contributions are still there

I see that...but my point is...if there are no longer Company Contribution Eligible Employees, which is what I posted earlier eliminated, all the other stuff below that is a mute point. This is an example of how stuff is snuck through. If you point me to where it says who is eligible for 23I...then I will believe you.

10 hours ago, Furious1Auto said:

I'm curious about the part of the uncapped profit sharing..  it use to be capped at 12.  I grossed almost $170k last year and still didn't break 12k on my gross profit sharing...    how much are you guys making to top that 12k?  I mean really?   That would be some extremely serious overtime.

30 minutes ago, Ontopya said:

I see that...but my point is...if there are no longer Company Contribution Eligible Employees, which is what I posted earlier eliminated, all the other stuff below that is a mute point. This is an example of how stuff is snuck through. If you point me to where it says who is eligible for 23I...then I will believe you.

Ok, page 8i . Definition 48