2019 UAW Ford Highlights

Grandmaster B

2 hours ago, PFA said:

I'm curious about the part of the uncapped profit sharing..  it use to be capped at 12.  I grossed almost $170k last year and still didn't break 12k on my gross profit sharing...    how much are you guys making to top that 12k?  I mean really?   That would be some extremely serious overtime.

I think you are confused on how the formula for profit sharing works, in order for you to make 12k in profit sharing the company would of had to make 12 billion in profits. Don't kill yourself working a bunch of overtime thinking it'll increase your profit share, you just end up putting yourself into a higher tax bracket and  pay more taxes then you should.

14 hours ago, Footballfan said:

Not too many details on some plant's particular products.  I wonder what the new engine at Dearborn is supposed to be or the "all-new" vehicle at Avon Lake in 2023.  Also, I am surprised that there was no mention of the new paint shop that is coming to Flat Rock.  I am sure that is a costly proposition. 

That product is an all electric SUV that we lost at Flat Rock. This is the second one we lost in 2 years.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I think you are confused on how the formula for profit sharing works, in order for you to make 12k in profit sharing the company would of had to make 12 billion in profits. Don't kill yourself working a bunch of overtime thinking it'll increase your profit share, you just end up putting yourself into a higher tax bracket and  pay more taxes then you should.

Your the one confused, I’ll give you a hint, look at your paystub for your profit share check.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lions said:

Your the one confused, I’ll give you a hint, look at your paystub for your profit share check.

You do get a higher profit sharing check based on the total number of hours worked, but it's based on your company's profit the previous year. GM made 12 billion in profit, so the average check was around 12K. Because of the cap, the workers COULDN'T exceed that limit even if they had hundreds of extra hours of overtime. Ford has made 7-8 billion for awhile, so if the average was 8K, you could get 10 or 11K if you made 150K+. You times your total hours by the profit sharing formula multiplier (usually $3.30 or so) to get your check total. GM's multiplier is much higher to start with, so they will make more than us with hardly any overtime.

8 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

we got workers at CAP ready to strike over the attendance changes it's hilarious

How about, people need to start actually showing up for work ?? It’s cool with me, it just gets rid of the garbage that’s making my day harder. I get bumped off my job to cover for someone out partying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

we got workers at CAP ready to strike over the attendance changes it's hilarious, if they made reading comprehension a requirement to work at Ford we would lose 2 shifts, a chairman and 7 union reps.

So,everybody grab a sign,throw your life out of whack,give up your paycheck,walk around the building in the freezing rain all of this with the holidays coming up,for what?I dont think its unreasonable for any company to expect you to show up,reliably.Yeah,the job can be a total drag but  my last name is not Rockefeller so I just gotta do the best I can with ,what limited options  are available to me.Thats too funny!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CAP..... knuckleheads for sure

Reading comprehension is far from a requirement here. hell... most of the same knucklehead barely read the first sentence before going nuttso

But... how bout not one but 3--- 30 day DLO and still an employee? yep we gottum here in paradise...

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, deflep1 said:

You do get a higher profit sharing check based on the total number of hours worked, but it's based on your company's profit the previous year. GM made 12 billion in profit, so the average check was around 12K. Because of the cap, the workers COULDN'T exceed that limit even if they had hundreds of extra hours of overtime. Ford has made 7-8 billion for awhile, so if the average was 8K, you could get 10 or 11K if you made 150K+. You times your total hours by the profit sharing formula multiplier (usually $3.30 or so) to get your check total. GM's multiplier is much higher to start with, so they will make more than us with hardly any overtime.

I grossed $12,826.55 last year on my profit sharing due to all of the construction going on at Sterling. So I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

This is why some people shouldn't comment on forums.  They can't read and have no clue.  It appears that this person doesn't get a profit sharing check, else they'd know how it works.  Unbelievable.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Grandmaster B said:

I grossed $12,826.55 last year on my profit sharing due to all of the construction going on at Sterling. So I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

I did read somewhere that the 12K cap was taken away last contract.  I don't know for sure but it appears by your earnings that it was.  That only means that you put in a lot of overtime to get that.  I know I got a lot because of added construction type jobs but it fell short of yours.

The Profit sharing cap WAS NOT about what a person could make.  It was how much was put into the profit pool to be shared by the UAW workforce.  The cap was 12 Billion in North America Profits,  any profits more than that were not shared with us. What it meant was that the "Average" Profit sharing check would never be more than 12k.  Some could make more, and some would always make less based on their individual  work hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, trailfndr said:

The Profit sharing cap WAS NOT about what a person could make.  It was how much was put into the profit pool to be shared by the UAW workforce.  The cap was 12 Billion in North America Profits,  any profits more than that were not shared with us. What it meant was that the "Average" Profit sharing check would never be more than 12k.  Some could make more, and some would always make less based on their individual  work hours.

Here is what the 2015 highlights said:

"The bargaining committee also removed the cap on the amount of company profits captured in our profit-sharing plan. In the 2011 agreement, we would not have been paid on any profits above $12 billion. That is no longer the case. The cap is eliminated, allowing UAW-Ford members to truly share in all of the upside when times are extremely good."

Therefore, your pay would still be based off of how many straight time hours you were paid.  This is what one of my checks showed at the bottom of the stub, the calculation for what I was paid:

YOUR UAW-FORD PROFIT SHARE EQUALS COMPENSATED HRS
OF 2,745.50 TIMES THE 2017 $/COMP HR OF 3.39907

• Like 1

Can the Autoworkers Caravan point to any accomplishments?

But, they sat at ConCon after ConCon did the same preaching time after time over the last 4 or 5 constitutional conventions. But was it ever brought up about the retiree`s maybe getting the IUAW VEBA to stop raising or holding the line on co pay`s? Raise our dues to send IUAW eboard members to Palm Springs time after time (67 day conventions) or build Dennis a retreat from his So/Cal mansion but never a movement to get our retiree`s a constitutional amendment guaranteeing a IUAW budgeted funding of any assistance? I have only been sent to two ConCon`s so my impression isn`t based on more than my experience but, really the caravan was in my perception a form of  distraction for the IUAW to do or put in place what the IUAW wanted in place.

Edited by Decker
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, Grandmaster B said:

I was referring to production workers never getting enough hours to worry about getting a 12K profit sharing check. A few skilled trades working killer overtime for the whole year could hit that mark. You had about 3800 hours in ($3.36 x 3817 hours = $12825), that's averaging over 73 hours each week for the entire year. 99% of Ford workers will never even get offered that many hours in a year, let alone actually work that many. GM workers could have worked almost a third less hours than you and still get 12K profit sharing. As Ford makes less and less profit, (we'll be around 6.5 - 7 billion this year) and the profit sharing factor (multiplier) goes down, you would have to work over 4000 hours to hit a 12K check. You are the lucky unicorn that people hear of, but will probably never meet someone making that high of a profit sharing check. At my plant (Flat Rock) we haven't even made the average check in 7 of the last 9 years, unless you were in PDI. Skilled trades didn't make as much as hourly there. Uncle Sam must love you, did you get a thank you card from the IRS? LOL

It really depends on the facility. CAP has production members that hit that mark regularly. Paint, Body and Pre delivery have the opportunity for 7 days a week all.. the... time. Dealing with CAP drama has it`s perks.  

Edited by Decker