2019 UAW Ford Highlights

Grandmaster B

10 hours ago, deflep1 said:

I was referring to production workers never getting enough hours to worry about getting a 12K profit sharing check. A few skilled trades working killer overtime for the whole year could hit that mark. You had about 3800 hours in ($3.36 x 3817 hours = $12825), that's averaging over 73 hours each week for the entire year. 99% of Ford workers will never even get offered that many hours in a year, let alone actually work that many. GM workers could have worked almost a third less hours than you and still get 12K profit sharing. As Ford makes less and less profit, (we'll be around 6.5 - 7 billion this year) and the profit sharing factor (multiplier) goes down, you would have to work over 4000 hours to hit a 12K check. You are the lucky unicorn that people hear of, but will probably never meet someone making that high of a profit sharing check. At my plant (Flat Rock) we haven't even made the average check in 7 of the last 9 years, unless you were in PDI. Skilled trades didn't make as much as hourly there. Uncle Sam must love you, did you get a thank you card from the IRS? LOL

LOL all you want. I’ll work what ever it takes to keep outside contractors out of Sterling Axle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, Fatso said:

Some good points in those lowlights but I doubt that most will want to strike rather than grab that $9,000 bonus!

And it is very important for us to know what you think others think. This is the most important post I read since the beginning of this contract cycle. ???

Edited by Furious1Auto

On 11/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, Grandmaster B said:

LOL all you want. I’ll work what ever it takes to keep outside contractors out of Sterling Axle. 

I wasn't laughing at you, just the tax load you took on. I wasn't aware they were trying to bring people in from the outside. Thanks for supporting your fellow workers and I hope you get to fully enjoy all that OT money when you retire, you have earned it!

You do know what EBIT means, right?

Earnings "Before Interest & Taxes"  Of course all labor contractual language is always in the benefit of the corporation, period. Then the statement that allows for the parties to dispute any situation regarding EBIT or the old pre tax results, where this language would apply under resolution procedure is kinda clear cut... if Ford reports a year of profit less than a billion bongo bucks then the IUAW can take it up with Fords attorneys...