Buyouts?

Damn it man

The highlight say $60,000 buyout to all production employees.That dont sound right are they gonna hire all new people?In the white pages all I found  mentioned was buyouts for those employees who work at a plant that is closing.You will have to ask your union rep.Maybe they want to replace all the top tier production?

4 hours ago, Fatso said:

The highlight say $60,000 buyout to all production employees.That dont sound right are they gonna hire all new people?In the white pages all I found  mentioned was buyouts for those employees who work at a plant that is closing.You will have to ask your union rep.Maybe they want to replace all the top tier production?

Retirement Incentive: A $60,000 bonus for all production employees and up to 200 skilled trades workers who retire as determined under the normal and early retirement provisions of the agreement.

45 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

Retirement Incentive: A $60,000 bonus for all production employees and up to 200 skilled trades workers who retire as determined under the normal and early retirement provisions of the agreement.

Unbelievable number of production people will be eligible then.Hey how we gonna run?Stick around cecil and you may end up the 'Big Dog' with top seniority!Imagine that!

Edited by Fatso
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fatso said:

Unbelievable number of production people will be eligible then.Hey how we gonna run?Stick around cecil and you may end up the 'Big Dog' with top seniority!Imagine that!

Sorry Fats I gotta go LOL . Ford ran just fine before I got there and will run just fine after I am gone! I have 31 and some change. My career at Ford has been rough at best with my former plant closing. Time to go back home to our families in Missouri. Your seniority will go way up so do some bidding. I am a weld inspector at CAP so we are going to need at least 4 or more new ones. 

7 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

Sorry Fats I gotta go LOL . Ford ran just fine before I got there and will run just fine after I am gone! I have 31 and some change. My career at Ford has been rough at best with my former plant closing. Time to go back home to our families in Missouri. Your seniority will go way up so do some bidding. I am a weld inspector at CAP so we are going to need at least 4 or more new ones. 

Good for you,cecil.I aint even close to a getting offered a buyout.I am trades.I cant be bitter because I can see where Ford has work for my trade just about everyday of the year.After all Ford gotta run its business.Never saw this coming but it is  kinda smart of the company to pay to get the high seniority employees to retire and then hire replacements  for less money.I mean they aint forcing anybody to take the buyout so if ya wanna go,its like getting a new vehicle as a present.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fatso said:

Good for you,cecil.I aint even close to a getting offered a buyout.I am trades.I cant be bitter because I can see where Ford has work for my trade just about everyday of the year.After all Ford gotta run its business.Never saw this coming but it is  kinda smart of the company to pay to get the high seniority employees to retire and then hire replacements  for less money.I mean they aint forcing anybody to take the buyout so if ya wanna go,its like getting a new vehicle as a present.

It's also real smart to get the 30 year people out because Ford doesn't pay for healthcare once they retire, VEBA, run by the union, covers it.

23 hours ago, Damn it man said:

Who is eligible for buyouts I have 28 years?  

If you are age 57 or older, you have 85 points (age + years of service) and can retire anyway. Ask at the info meeting and also ask your benefit rep if you are eligible for the buyout.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nah, easier to ask on an Internet forum and get 5 different answers. 

especially for us CAP workers since our local union doesn't have a clue, normally I have to explain the contract to them.

those of you with 27 years or more want to look into the SRI program it's the retirement incentive, those with less look into the STEP program this is early termination. 

Depending how many are taking leave at your plants will determine your eligibility for STEP. 

Whats got me puzzled is why take 2 weeks to vote? I was under the impression we vote this week by nov 8 now I'm seeing voting will go to nov 15th. Maybe has something to do with Jones stepping down ( with pay) and Gamble taking over for him. I just want out and they are dragging this out so damn long.

26 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

especially for us CAP workers since our local union doesn't have a clue, normally I have to explain the contract to them.

those of you with 27 years or more want to look into the SRI program it's the retirement incentive, those with less look into the STEP program this is early termination. 

Depending how many are taking leave at your plants will determine your eligibility for STEP. 

Whats got me puzzled is why take 2 weeks to vote? I was under the impression we vote this week by nov 8 now I'm seeing voting will go to nov 15th. Maybe has something to do with Jones stepping down ( with pay) and Gamble taking over for him. I just want out and they are dragging this out so damn long.

We also have more employees than GM 

I would like to thank everyone for helpful answers except for the smart ass that said read white pages. I have read available material and spoke with union rep. The problem is  interpretation some people believe buyouts only apply to Romeo. Other people say sri  and step only offered to 30 year employees.  I would like to know  so I can get as far away from this place as I can.  Once again thanks for any helpful information. 

Edited by Damn it man
Grammer

4 hours ago, Damn it man said:

I would like to thank everyone for helpful answers except for the smart ass that said read white pages. I have read available material and spoke with union rep. The problem is  interpretation some people believe buyouts only apply to Romeo. Other people say sri  and step only offered to 30 year employees.  I would like to know  so I can get as far away from this place as I can.  Once again thanks for any helpful information. 

The way I read it,production workers are offered a $60,000  buyout.What the requirements are to qualify and when the separation dates will be,I guess we will find out.Seems like Ford wants to hurry the higher paid workers out the door so they can pay new hires less $$$.There is usually a number of buyouts that Ford  wants to hit so if I was ready to go I would not hesitate to apply.Good-For-You $60,000 is like getting a  new car as a way of saying, "Thanks for your loyalty,now dont let that doorknob hit you on the way out".

Edited by Fatso

How I read from the white pages was unlimited sri packages ($60000) for eligible employees. 30 years or age plus years worked. Then also unlimited STEP packages ($60000), for anyone not eligible for retirement.  But that is a separation. You are done with Ford after that. Members with 1 year seniority could take it. Or members that are close to finishing school and looking for other employment. 

5 hours ago, Hooper435 said:

How I read from the white pages was unlimited sri packages ($60000) for eligible employees. 30 years or age plus years worked. Then also unlimited STEP packages ($60000), for anyone not eligible for retirement.  But that is a separation. You are done with Ford after that. Members with 1 year seniority could take it. Or members that are close to finishing school and looking for other employment. 

I wonder who is gonna be left, showing up for work in the plants?Actually it is a very fair way to whittle down the workforce and it gives younger people a chance at the jobs.Its voluntary and its a win-win.Production made many gains during this contract.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hooper435 said:

Eligibility has yet to be determined according to my plant chairman. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Eligibility has yet to be determined according to my plant chairman. 

Ours had paperwork saying what it would take to be eligible, with 24yr at 45 I'm not eligible for SRI but I am for STEP but they couldn't tell me when we could leave. Only thing I got was sometime in 2020 won't know till after ratification. That's from the IUAW that came in. They had sugar coated answers for everything else but that.