2019 Edge Titanium Lemon??

Bob Durk

Have 1600 miles on my new Edge Titanium. I love everything about it except in for repair 4 times and 3 times now for stalling while driving. First repair required a new APIM module.  Second stall out in traffic it restarted on its own after sitting 15 minutes.  Dealer could not replicate any issues. Third  occurred when I started it up and backed up about 2 ft and it cut off again.  Fourth time, unlike previous times, every feature on the car flashed inoperative on the dash meaning one malfunction killed everything. I was unable to get it out of park after it stopped and trying to restart was fruitless. Towed to dealer with the safety features still blinking on dash. They got it restarted in the service lane somehow but when they shut it off to complete the paperwork the headlights never went out on their own. Anyone having complete cut off incidents I'd love to hear if you were ever fixed permanently. I hate the thought of having to rent a vehicle when travelling out of state with two dogs. At some point this car may qualify under the lemon law.

UPDATE:  I posted this last issue on Saturday. The car was taken in on the previous Thursday. Today, Monday, they are saying the can't replicate the issue. Well it shuts off when I drive it. IN FACT TWICE RECENTLY. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to pick it up only to wait till it quits running again. It' s like an insurance company denying a legitimate claim. ? 

Finally a break in this case   Tuesday evening they called and said the car did quit on them as they were backing out of the repair garage.  It is now undergoing a more precise exam since they have something to go on. Today (Wednesday is almost a week they've had it this time) Hopefully I'll get it fixed soon. I guess the Lemon Law protection consumers are afforded might be helping them respond. Stay tuned.

CASE CLOSED AFTER 7 DAYS         On the 7th Day of Christmas my dealer gave to me . . . . . . . . .  a fixed car. (Found a short in the fuse panel box. Replaced and running fine.)  ?

Edited by Bob Durk
  • Like 1

Glad to hear you got it fixed.  It is so frustrating, when a garage tells you they don't see a problem.  It's almost like the vehicles know when they are being watched.

I had a co-worker that pursued "Lemon Law"    She wasn't able to accept, because it was too expensive.  She had driven vehicle for about 5 months & had accumulated 6,000 miles. 

Dealer had possession of vehicle for 35 days of the six months.   The dealership was requiring her to pay, for every mile driven & also pay the $4,000 rebate, she had received as price discount.

• Sad 1