Ratification Meetings & Voting Dates

Firefly

Hey Locals, what days are your ratification meetings and voting days? 
KY Local 862 KTP/LAP: Sun Nov 10, 7a-10p

All the same day, (6) 1 1/2 hr meetings

All on a holiday weekend with 1 shift running a full 10+ hr shift. All at 1 of our union halls, the farthest from the biggest plant. 
Hmm, why not have the meetings on the Sunday but allow the voting at both Halls on a Tues/Wed? The IUAW allowed until Friday Nov 15th.

What about the rest of you? 

• Like 1

Dearborn votes all week and ends on the 15th 

they need more days, soak it all in. Sun doesn't shine as bright there takes more time to absorb the info. And just because they have a couple more thousand workers then CAP, but LAP KTP twice as many as dearborn. LAP KTP sun shines brighter? better communication local to members maybe? only need 3 instead of 4 like dearborn. But who are we fooling, 2015 Dearborn swings the vote at last min with 100 votes? And well as long as our members are focused on the important things like AWOLs and cameras we can let that slide, our paranoid guilty conscience is stronger then our work ethics.

CAP no one cares they always vote no, push it through fast before half of them realize we're already voting

that's ok though, we won't talk about that. 

AWOL changes and cameras watching us that's some serious stuff. We'll cry all day about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

Dearborn votes all week and ends on the 15th 

they need more days, soak it all in. Sun doesn't shine as bright there takes more time to absorb the info. And just because they have a couple more thousand workers then CAP, but LAP KTP twice as many as dearborn. LAP KTP sun shines brighter? better communication local to members maybe? only need 3 instead of 4 like dearborn. But who are we fooling, 2015 Dearborn swings the vote at last min with 100 votes? And well as long as our members are focused on the important things like AWOLs and cameras we can let that slide, our paranoid guilty conscience is stronger then our work ethics.

CAP no one cares they always vote no, push it through fast before half of them realize we're already voting

that's ok though, we won't talk about that. 

AWOL changes and cameras watching us that's some serious stuff. We'll cry all day about this.

and why do u care?  thought u were taking a buyout package?    or are u just whining?

Voting on something as important as a 4 year National Contract should be secured and safeguarded.Not just a union rep walking around the plant holding  a plastic, old paint,bucket for  members to toss a slip of paper into.Lazy rules make it easier for corruption to occur.Local 600 is the largest,by membership,they have the most votes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fatso said:

Voting on something as important as a 4 year National Contract should be secured and safeguarded.Not just a union rep walking around the plant holding  a plastic, old paint,bucket for  members to toss a slip of paper into.Lazy rules make it easier for corruption to occur.Local 600 is the largest,by membership,they have the most votes.

while i agree, do u have proof of this ? not just 'hearsay' ?  video/photo/link ?

1 hour ago, dark270 said:

and why do u care?  thought u were taking a buyout package?    or are u just whining?

I'm not able to until contract is ratified, does it make sense now why I care? or are you just trolling?

56 minutes ago, Fatso said:

the shortest puppet strings 

45 minutes ago, dark270 said:

while i agree, do u have proof of this ? not just 'hearsay' ?  video/photo/link ?

Vote yes and there shall be video ?

13 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I'm not able to until contract is ratified, does it make sense now why I care? or are you just trolling?

the shortest puppet strings 

Vote yes and there shall be video ?

trolling? u must know all about that, cause that is all u do

On 11/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, dark270 said:

Oh PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,I might as well sign my name at this point.Oakman blvd.turns into Miller Road south of Michigan Avenue [yeah,there`s the  the Pantheon go-go club}and I dunno,I think it was Gate 5 where the Miller Road overpass and also an entrance to the freakin Rouge {welcome to HELL} was.Uh,,,,,what else do ya want?Now in all fairness {cuz I liked my mitty-man} of course I did not witness any tampering HOWEVER the problem is that the process was totally unsecure.Local 600 has the most members.That alone is what makes Local 600 the most powerful local.Not because Local 600 is the most philosophically,convicted, dedicated,to unionism,.In my opinion where I work now ,as far as unionism goes,,,well makes my miserable existence at Ford at least bearable.Politics,greed and corruption is involved in everything where a person can make an easy dollar bill.Unless Rory changes the existing structure of the rules,making it harder to get away with taking kick-backs from the company,the scandals will keep reappearing only with different names involved.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fatso said:

Oh PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,I might as well sign my name at this point.Oakman blvd.turns into Miller Road south of Michigan Avenue [yeah,there`s the  the Pantheon go-go club}and I dunno,I think it was Gate 5 where the Miller Road overpass and also an entrance to the freakin Rouge {welcome to HELL} was.Uh,,,,,what else do ya want?Now in all fairness {cuz I liked my mitty-man} of course I did not witness any tampering HOWEVER the problem is that the process was totally unsecure.Local 600 has the most members.That alone is what makes Local 600 the most powerful local.Not because Local 600 is the most philosophically,convicted, dedicated,to unionism,.In my opinion where I work now ,as far as unionism goes,,,well makes my miserable existence at Ford at least bearable.Politics,greed and corruption is involved in everything where a person can make an easy dollar bill.Unless Rory changes the existing structure of the rules,making it harder to get away with taking kick-backs from the company,the scandals will keep reappearing only with different names involved.

as i suspected, no proof. all hearsay.

3 hours ago, dark270 said:

as i suspected, no proof. all hearsay.

What do you want proof of?I am saying I worked there and that was the procedure for the vote on the National Contract.I no longer work there and things might have changed.That was the way it was done.A union rep walking around the plant with a plastic paint bucket that, you drop a slip of paper into.Now where I currently work,you show up at the union hall and drop your slip into a locked,metal box.All I want is my vote counted fairly.I pay my dues,I get a vote.I never said that I saw the votes counted and changed.I did not.I am saying that the procedure for the vote should be more secure,especially at the largest local.A local that has enough votes to decide the outcome for the entire membership.Lax rules present an opportunity that may,,,,MAY,,,,,lead to corruption.Want proof of corruption in the union?Read the newspaper.I dont care what you believe or accept as proof.I WAS THERE!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

I believe ya Fatso, Dark270 is just another troll

It's no secret the UAW has padded votes since the 1980's prob even before then. Just that back then snitches got stitches today they get participation trophies. I mean look at our local at CAP, how these people got elected in a fair election is impossible to imagine. 2 shouldn't even have jobs if zero tolerance was actually a thing. But as you see CAP doesn't vote, they fabricate the numbers. Our election is currently under investigation due to the racial attacks from our current bargaining committee against their opponents during the election and their defaming propaganda. It's going to get real interesting at CAP after this contract ratifies.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

I believe ya Fatso, Dark270 is just another troll

It's no secret the UAW has padded votes since the 1980's prob even before then. Just that back then snitches got stitches today they get participation trophies. I mean look at our local at CAP, how these people got elected in a fair election is impossible to imagine. 2 shouldn't even have jobs if zero tolerance was actually a thing. But as you see CAP doesn't vote, they fabricate the numbers. Our election is currently under investigation due to the racial attacks from our current bargaining committee against their opponents during the election and their defaming propaganda. It's going to get real interesting at CAP after this contract ratifies.

I have no reason to lie and let me say that I did make very good money working at the Rouge and I worked with some highly talented people.What more proof that corruption exists within the UAW do you want?Top IUAW officials have plead GUILTY to corruption charges and gone to prison?The past and current president are being investigated by the FBI?Rory Gamble needs to re-evaluate the rules and procedures and tighten them up a bit.People being people I think it is impossible to totally eliminate unethical behavior so why make it easier to occur?For the last time and I dont know if things changed,I dont work there anymore,the way that voting on a National Contract was done,vote tampering and possible corruption looked fairly easy to do.Once again this is by far the largest local at Ford Motor Company and that is what makes Local 600 the most powerful.To those that want to "slam me" I say,the FEDS are watching this time so just keep doin what y`all been doin.The Feds probably read this forum.On a side note,with that $60,000 buyout + signing bonus + performance bonus you should be pretty happy!A turkey and a ham this Christmas!Yes ya always want more but sometimes "you get what you need".

Edited by Fatso

I'm not really happy but I'm not sad either, it is just what I need. I'll just say this, there are a lot of continuing education benefits being with Ford and the UAW. I took advantage, I'm comfortable leaving before retirement. I wanted full control of  my future I'm not comfortable with giving a company or a union anymore of that control. Everything else is evolving so should your methods of retirement. You too can learn how just look for my book on Amazon in the near future.?

6 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I'm not really happy but I'm not sad either, it is just what I need. I'll just say this, there are a lot of continuing education benefits being with Ford and the UAW. I took advantage, I'm comfortable leaving before retirement. I wanted full control of  my future I'm not comfortable with giving a company or a union anymore of that control. Everything else is evolving so should your methods of retirement. You too can learn how just look for my book on Amazon in the near future.?

Live like a king,brother,you earned it.CAP does put out some kik ass products.Screw the punk-ass gangs and cliques.