Bronco R Prototype

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Based on the wording in the press release I'm going to guess 75-80%.

I'd say the taillights are direct pull off the production version-the grill will be similar but with Round head lights at the ends-I'm thinking maybe the grill extends into the center of the lights?

The overall shape should be almost identical (outside of the modifications for racing)-the original Raptor Baja 1000 was very similar to the production model.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

I'd say the taillights are direct pull off the production version-the grill will be similar but with Round head lights at the ends-I'm thinking maybe the grill extends into the center of the lights?

The overall shape should be almost identical (outside of the modifications for racing)-the original Raptor Baja 1000 was very similar to the production model.

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be F-150 (and next gen Ranger)-like in that the grille bars will extend "into" the headlight.  And then maybe we'll see some sort of DRL pattern in the headlight assemblies and some in the grille that creates a circle for a modern take on that traditional look.

Image result for ranger leaked

from the @Ford article:

As a test, the Bronco R will head back to the Baja Peninsula later this month to take on the near 1,000-mile grueling off-road course and challenge the production Bronco’s powertrain and architecture.

And as a tease, the Bronco R – developed by Ford Performance in collaboration with builder Geiser Bros Design and Development and Baja 1000 Trophy Truck champion Cameron Steele – drops heritage-inspired design and proportion hints of what enthusiasts can expect to see when the future Bronco makes its world premiere next spring.

The team worked in secret to create a one-off build that hints at the all-new Bronco to come, while paying homage to the first-generation Bronco’s styling and proportions that made the nameplate an instant off-road icon a half-century ago.

• Like 1

Just now, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be F-150 (and next gen Ranger)-like in that the grille bars will extend "into" the headlight.  And then maybe we'll see some sort of DRL pattern in the headlight assemblies and some in the grille that creates a circle for a modern take on that traditional look.

Image result for ranger leaked

Spot on. I think you’re correct!  

All the pent up interest in this thing and suddenly we have something tangible to look at. Now we can all go crazy speculating on what we can glean from these pictures. Fun stuff!! 

From what I know...

- This grille seems to indicate that the C-Clamp headlight design may have won out. Last I heard they were back to the perfectly round lamps bookending a similar grille treatment. Both were in play still. 

- The shape is 95% what we'll see in the spring, minus the obvious modifications. 

- Really, really, REALLY excited for everyone to see the interior. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

This grille seems to indicate that the C-Clamp headlight design may have won out. Last I heard they were back to the perfectly round lamps bookending a similar grille treatment. Both were in play still. 

Different models, different grille treatments?

14 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Different models, different grille treatments?

I wondered if "regular" models could have the round lights and "raptors" could have the c-clamp.

But I don't know if I see them having such radically different looks (different headlight assemblies is the main issue) for different trims.

---

Thats why I threw out the thought that maybe we'll see the c-clamp headlight assembly, but with a circle DRL effect within them.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Oh, the purists will be upset that it doesn't have a solid front axle, until Jeep redesigns Wrangler and gives it a modern IFS setup too....

I have two friends that have Jeeps, one two door and one four door, one lifted, one not, and the ride on both is awful in my opinion. Ford has a real opportunity here with their suspension setup.