Bronco R Prototype

I hope the bulge in the hood stays. That looks pretty sweet. The shape of the entire front is pretty good. If they go with the c-clamp lights, I hope it comes standard with raptor like led accent lights. If not I hope they go with the circle lights.

Im not sold on the back half yet. The area where the rear side windows go looks pretty long. I’m used to seeing a pillar in that area. Granted there aren’t any 2 door hard top SUVs out there anymore so I probably just got used to the look of a 4 door. I’m sure with actual glass there it will look much better. From certain angles it looks like a mini gravedigger lol.

i do like the integrated step right in front of the rear wheel. Should come in handy when the roof is off. Hopefully that makes production.

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I hope the bulge in the hood stays. That looks pretty sweet. The shape of the entire front is pretty good. If they go with the c-clamp lights, I hope it comes standard with raptor like led accent lights. If not I hope they go with the circle lights.

Im not sold on the back half yet. The area where the rear side windows go looks pretty long. I’m used to seeing a pillar in that area. Granted there aren’t any 2 door hard top SUVs out there anymore so I probably just got used to the look of a 4 door. I’m sure with actual glass there it will look much better. From certain angles it looks like a mini gravedigger lol.

i do like the integrated step right in front of the rear wheel. Should come in handy when the roof is off. Hopefully that makes production.

A couple thoughts - it's possible we're seeing the 4 door wheelbase here, so pillar positions would obviously change for a 2 door if that were the case.

Another possibility - they could have the exterior visual pillar be slim, with  part of the pillar hidden behind glass (it'd be large from the inside, but slim from the outside).

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

A couple thoughts - it's possible we're seeing the 4 door wheelbase here, so pillar positions would obviously change for a 2 door if that were the case.

Another possibility - they could have the exterior visual pillar be slim, with  part of the pillar hidden behind glass (it'd be large from the inside, but slim from the outside).

I think you are correct regarding this is the 4 door wheelbase....proportions would be really odd if this was in fact the two door

It looks badass, but obviously there is very little to trust here from a vehicle prototype sharing none of the production vehicle's body panels.  I'm glad Ford finally FINALLY showed something on the Bronco because the irritation level is increasing, ha.  I do think some people are going to be surprised by how small the Bronco actually is, not realizing that it's nothing like the full-size Broncos people are use to.   But the good thing about the reveal here is that it specifically outlines their messaging with this vehicle, more Raptor than Rock Crawler.  They don't want people to think of it as a lumbering Jeep Wrangler than can scale mountains, it's meant for dessert running and some Moab fun.  

And yeah, the Bronco is getting a 2.7L EB, not sure if that's the engine they are using in this one but I assume so.  I don't see any indication that it's getting the 3.0L in production.  

Edited by Assimilator

12 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

.I do think some people are going to be surprised by how small the Bronco actually is, not realizing that it's nothing like the full-size Broncos people are use to.  

You do realize that cars and trucks have grown over the past 20-30 years, right?

1974 Bronco: 152.1 inches OL Wheelbase: 92 inches

1990 Bronco II: 161.9 in OL Wheelbase:94.0 in

1996 Bronco: 183.6″ OL wheelbase: 104.7″

Going by the Everest and Ranger- Expect a Wheelbase of 112in for the 4 door and the 2 door will be between that and 100 inches. The 4 Door should easily be about 180+ inches long and the 2 door most likely roughly the length of 2020 Escape. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I do think some people are going to be surprised by how small the Bronco actually is, not realizing that it's nothing like the full-size Broncos people are use to.  

I'm sorry, but if people are thinking that the up-coming Bronco is based on F150-size architecture, they simply haven't been paying attention.

HRG

8e9d501a-2a9d-4acc-8e18-35161807cbe1-pngsomeone over at bronco6g got this pic from one of the videos. I was surprised at how close in size these two were. The new one is obviously wider, but that’s mainly due to the extended fenders that probably won’t make production. The actual cabs though appear to be roughly the same size.

8 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

This is the same argument given to the idea that Ranger is now the size of the old F-150, which is extremely false.  

Define which F-150

Grown-ranger-1-560

Technically a regular cab 2019 F-150 with a 6 foot bed is actually shorter then the 4 door Ranger at 209.3 in

Go back about 20 years and the F-150 is only 202in long for regular bed/6 ft bed and 222.3 in inches as a super crew with a 8 ft bed or roughly 10 inches or so longer. 

6 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Plus people constantly ignore the width part of the equation. Length matters, but so does width.

HRG

Right, but width at least doesn't have as much effect on handling the vehicle (i.e. parking) and it gives you more room inside the vehicle. 

On 11/5/2019 at 5:44 AM, rmc523 said:

I wonder how much production look we're seeing there.

There’s some really good hints, pretty much the 2door you’re seeing

as I said elsewhere, the Jeep boss will be crapping his pants ?

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

8e9d501a-2a9d-4acc-8e18-35161807cbe1-pngsomeone over at bronco6g got this pic from one of the videos. I was surprised at how close in size these two were. The new one is obviously wider, but that’s mainly due to the extended fenders that probably won’t make production. The actual cabs though appear to be roughly the same size.

Bronco Raptor has that stance.....

whoops.