Bronco R Prototype

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You do realize that cars and trucks have grown over the past 20-30 years, right?

1974 Bronco: 152.1 inches OL Wheelbase: 92 inches

1990 Bronco II: 161.9 in OL Wheelbase:94.0 in

1996 Bronco: 183.6″ OL wheelbase: 104.7″

Going by the Everest and Ranger- Expect a Wheelbase of 112in for the 4 door and the 2 door will be between that and 100 inches. The 4 Door should easily be about 180+ inches long and the 2 door most likely roughly the length of 2020 Escape. 

I’d say that you’re on the money with sizes

2 hours ago, snooter said:

So we now know what .2% of what the bronc will look like...should make a fine grocery getter

The side panel and door is pretty much what the two-door will look like.

Once you see it , I'm sure you'll soften your opinion, unless you're a total dick....

13 hours ago, snooter said:

When do we expect the date when they announce production in mexico?...

Well, since it is built on the North American T-6 Ranger chassis and Ranger production is in Michigan, you may be waiting a while for that announcement. Now, other members of the new "Bronco family" of vehicles? Guessing that it will be when the big hand hits the "L" and the little hand hits the "ater"....

I got some intel last night that we're definitely seeing the overall general shape here.  We already knew, but 2 and 4 doors are for sure.  The front fascia will be different (obviously), but the source saw it a few months ago, when things were still in design and saw different options.  I pried for more info, but wasn't able to get much more.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Maybe a moderator should clean up the thread ?

It wasn't my intent to call out snooter that way, a moment of frustration mixed with knowing what's coming with Bronco.

There will be more leaks coming, the drip feed has now officially started with Bronco R.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:17 AM, silvrsvt said:

You do realize that cars and trucks have grown over the past 20-30 years, right?

1974 Bronco: 152.1 inches OL Wheelbase: 92 inches

1990 Bronco II: 161.9 in OL Wheelbase:94.0 in

1996 Bronco: 183.6″ OL wheelbase: 104.7″

Going by the Everest and Ranger- Expect a Wheelbase of 112in for the 4 door and the 2 door will be between that and 100 inches. The 4 Door should easily be about 180+ inches long and the 2 door most likely roughly the length of 2020 Escape. 

My prediction - Bronco 4 door will be almost exactly the same size as Edge 5 seat the same way Everest is almost exactly the same size as Edge 7 seat; and Bronco 2 door will be almost exactly the same size as Escape. 

Edge: 188.8" length, 112.2" WB

Escape: 180.5" length, 106.7" WB

Wrangler 4 door: 188.4" length, 118.4" WB

Wrangler 2 door: 166.8" length, 96.8" WB

4Runner: 190.2" length, 109.8" WB

FJ Cruiser (discontinued): 183.9" length, 105.9" WB

There is not much debate on the size of the 4 door... not way it will be significantly different vs Wrangler or 4Runner. But I think the Bronco 2 door will be significantly longer than Wrangler 2 door for 2 reasons: longer wheelbase helps with ride quality and handling, and larger footprint for CAFE advantage. If FCA wasn't bound by tradition and Wrangler iconography restrictions, they would have also make the 2 door Wrangler longer. Look at 4Runner and the dearly departed FJ Cruiser for clue on size of Bronco...

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

My prediction - Bronco 4 door will be almost exactly the same size as Edge 5 seat the same way Everest is almost exactly the same size as Edge 7 seat; and Bronco 2 door will be almost exactly the same size as Escape. 

Edge: 188.8" length, 112.2" WB

Escape: 180.5" length, 106.7" WB

Wrangler 4 door: 188.4" length, 118.4" WB

Wrangler 2 door: 166.8" length, 96.8" WB

4Runner: 190.2" length, 109.8" WB

FJ Cruiser (discontinued): 183.9" length, 105.9" WB

There is not much debate on the size of the 4 door... not way it will be significantly different vs Wrangler or 4Runner. But I think the Bronco 2 door will be significantly longer than Wrangler 2 door for 2 reasons: longer wheelbase helps with ride quality and handling, and larger footprint for CAFE advantage. If FCA wasn't bound by tradition and Wrangler iconography restrictions, they would have also make the 2 door Wrangler longer. Look at 4Runner and the dearly departed FJ Cruiser for clue on size of Bronco...

Two Door Bronco is about  106" wheelbase so it is definitely a lot longer and a better look

Bronco R is basically the two door's side profile but with the rear hatch missing and large  37" tires fitted.

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It wasn't my intent to call out snooter that way, a moment of frustration mixed with knowing what's coming with Bronco.

There will be more leaks coming, the drip feed has now officially started with Bronco R.

Technically snooter calls himself out.?

• Like 1