2012 Edge 2.0L Eco Missfire after Harmonic Balance replaced

Deanbl

On my 2012 Ford Edge, 2.0L Ecoboost I recently had to replace the harmonic balancer.  After having to search for 2 weeks I found the part and replaced the balancer.  The balancer is keyless, I followed the ford TCM procedure, using the necessary tools to stop the crank, lock the cam, and when complete re-align the timing sensor.  When I was finished, the CEL was flashing and I could feel a slight misfire.  I took to a local mechanic to have them perform the "Misfire Monitor Neutral Correction".  They told me they did the procedure, I can only take their word that they did the right one.  However, the car is still throwing misfire codes.

Any thoughts?

My first inclination is to rotate to TDC and re-do the crank sensor alignment.  

Looking for anything that could be causing the miss fire after doing a harmonic balancer replacement 

Not having the MP_LRN reset *shouldn't* induce a misfire. Not saying it can't, just saying shouldn't. Check the balancer teeth for any that are damaged or misaligned. What are all the codes you are getting? 

What are the intake and exhaust error PIDS showing? 

YT90SC

I ran the scan tool I am getting 1 misfire code P0302 fro Cylinder 2, the shop said they were getting 2 different misfire codes, but Im not getting that.

I also have a emissions code for the CAT, its unrelated to the issue at had as this code was tripping for quite some time.

For the intake and Exhaust PIDS, I am not 100% familiar with where i can pull this data from, the scanner I am using is an Autel AL519.  If you have any insight on how I can pull this data Id appreciate it.  Im still researching.

Overall, I am going to assume I dont have a mechanical timing issue, Car starts easily and Ive driven 20-30 miles to and from the shop with it.  Timing seems to be ignition issue, which is likely the crank sensor/balancer.  I didnt get a chance last night, but tonight Im going to try to realign the sensor.  If it does not align, I will probably have to start from scratch and re-align the balancer.  Im guessing Id probably have to replace the crank bolt again!  

Crank sensor/Balancer should not set a single cylinder code unless the balancer has damaged teeth. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is good or one of the teeth didn't get damaged in transport. I'd visually inspect, just to be sure. I'd be far more likely to think you have an issue in cylinder 2. Move the plugs and coils to other holes and see if it follows the component. Same for injectors, but you will need new injector o ring kits and the hard line from the HPFP to the injector rail to move them. 

I've never used the Autel. From what I have seen about it, it would appear unable to read the PIDs you need, but I might be wrong. They are VCT_INT_DIF1 and VCT_EXT_DIF1. They are what the PCM is reading for VCT error VS what it is commanding. If the VCT error PIDs are near zero all the time, except during transition (i.e. when they are commanded more or less and the mechanical lags the comand) the timing is right. 

Yes, if you loosen the crank bolt, it has to be replaced. There are two balancers available also, laser etched and non. Non-laser etched had to have a diamond washer between the crank gear and balancer. Laser etched has to have the laser etched crank gear and NO washer.