WEBASTO AND FORD TEAM UP FOR MUSTANG ‘LITHIUM’: BATTERY ELECTRIC MUSCLE CAR LIGHTS-UP SEMA, SIGNALS FUTURE OF PERFORMANCE

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/11/05/webasto-ford-team-up-mustang-lithium-battery-electric-mustang-car-sema.html

• Built in collaboration between Ford and Webasto, Mustang Lithium project vehicle generates more than 1000 ft.-lbs. of instant torque and more than 900 horsepower for new levels of performance and technology with its 800-volt Webasto battery system with EVDrive technology
  • Best of both worlds, Mustang Lithium accelerates the next generation of performance: unique 6-speed manual shifting, track handling and stunning quarter-mile acceleration with instant electric torque, and zero emissions

1572978842828.jpg

Mustang Lithium features a unique set of drive modes that apply a controlled amount of torque for different driving scenarios including: Valet, Sport, Track and Beast, and are instantly available on demand via a custom in-dash 10.4-inch touchscreen display.

:happyfeet:

Cool they put a stick in it, but we all know an actual production Mustang electric will not have one since there is no need for it with electric motors.  It will be the end of an era.  So sad, but I guess the insanely fast acceleration and max torque from 0 rpm will have to do.

• Like 1

As much as I rather have a V8................I'd much rather have this electric pony than a "Mustang Inspired" electric SUV. This one is worthy of the pony badge.

Hoping the hybrid (V8 + electric assist) Mustang isn't too far away from going on sale. That'll be the best of both worlds!

• Like 1

Few fun facts for number geeks like me (assuming zero losses of course):

75kWh of energy = 270MWs(econds)

Discharge rate of 1 MW

Means 270 seconds at max discharge (assuming full to 0% charge). 

1HP ~ 750W

900HP = .675 MW

That means with the proper electric motors, this thing is capable of 48% more power, for a total potential of 1333HP.

1MW @ 800V is 1250 amps.