Ford October 2019 Sales Chart

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Isn't VW doing most, if not all the work on the Amarok top hat since it's a VW badged truck? 

Also: that really didn't answer my original question. Does Ranger family encompass all of T6?

VW was shown what was being developed for T6  and were blown away by what Ford was doing,

They will want a certain styling of course and interior layout but a lot of that won't be far removed

from what Ranger has.

Ranger and Everest will benefit from the inclusion of Bronco but how much they get is anyone's guess.

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

With regards the Mustang......do those sales figures include "rest of the world" sales? I think perhaps not......and I think that's an important aspect in keeping Mustang alive (aside the fact its one of it's iconic models). I believe you can add something like another 40-odd % to that total figure to include ALL sales.

Total world wide Mustang sales where roughly 113K units last year-still the best selling sports coupe world wide

https://www.motor1.com/news/345223/ford-mustang-best-selling-coupe/

Total US sales where 75,842

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Slow down, you're connecting a lot of dots that don't go together.

VW alliance is partnering for Europe and ROW only, Ford absolutely

refused to let VW have access to Ranger and Transit for North America.

What we're seeing is the evolving of "Two Fords", vehicles for North America

and vehicles for Europe/ROW., Ranger, Transit, Escape and "Fusion crossover"

will probably be the only vehicles shared between the two.

You are wrong. Ford sell in Europe the Explorer and the Mustang coupe and convertible. The Bronco and the Mustang Mach E will be sold in Europe too. Only the small cars are exclusives for Europe and China (Fiesta and Focus), and large sedans only for China (Fusion, Taurus). Is not a "one Ford", but neither "2 Fords"  . What I see is a distribution of the products depending of the tastes of the customers.

18 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Look at Aviator go!  Over 1,500 in October.

Explorer inventory looks to be back in shape. Not growth numbers, but it's a more expensive vehicle with fewer incentivizing so it's doing better that I feared.  

Ranger outsold Colorado, although not the GM pair combined, but it is getting close.

I know you're talking about inventory, but just to note, those sales figures for Explorer include PI-U.

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

While F150 may be down a few units thanks to Ranger, I wonder if Colorado is taking 

an even bigger hit, I've noticed it's sales continue to fall as Ranger holds at  8,000 sales.

Camaro is also fading, 2,756 and not a good sign for surviving to another generation...

7,513 sales for Lincoln Utilities,

Aviator 1,540
MKC 2,167
MKT 96
Nautilus/MKX 2,356
Navigator  1,354

That's awesome, Well done Lincoln.

What's also great to see is that all utilities are up for both the month and year (MKC is down YOY, but as Corsair arrives, it may eek out a YOY gain), so it's not just Aviator volume alone that's accounting for the Lincoln utility increase.

7 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

With regards the Mustang......do those sales figures include "rest of the world" sales? I think perhaps not......and I think that's an important aspect in keeping Mustang alive (aside the fact its one of it's iconic models). I believe you can add something like another 40-odd % to that total figure to include ALL sales.

That being said, whilst the news of the all-new-Mustang to be built at FRAP is good news, Ford needs to keep Mustang fresh. After 3 years ('15-'17MY) we saw a heavy refresh for the '18MY. Here we are at the start of the 3rd model following that refresh and no sign of a second refresh for the '21 model year...........and no idea on timescales for the all new car (other than it will be delivered within the 4 years of the that UAW contact). I appreciate Ford have their hands full of new models soon-to-be-released, but I hope they give Mustang another boost before that all new model.

Those would be US only figures.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

What's also great to see is that all utilities are up for both the month and year (MKC is down YOY, but as Corsair arrives, it may eek out a YOY gain), so it's not just Aviator volume alone that's accounting for the Lincoln utility increase.

Well, all utilities except for MKT, which last month was, at least for part of it, still coming off the assembly line.

What I find so interesting in those numbers is the big one for Aviator, of course, now that the supply constraint from the Ghod-awful launch seems to be past -- surpassing Navigator sales which themselves were up strongly from October 2018. If I remember right, Navi sales were pretty flat the last few months. I suspect that a number of people were holding off because they wanted to get a look at the Aviator but then decided that they just needed the extra room of the bigger 3-row. And even Nautilus sales were up, though in *mere* single digits. So Aviator sales did not seem to cannibalize either the Navi or Naut. My gut tells me that as Corsair volume ramps up it will overtake Nautilus as volume leader; heck Aviator might surpass Nautilus as well, at least for a time. But the Nautilus should hang in there, even though it is now the only Lincoln SUV of the previous generation, because for many the Corsair's just too small and the Aviator's just a bit too big (they don't need that 3rd row).

Edited by Gurgeh

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Well, all utilities except for MKT, which last month was, at least for part of it, still coming off the assembly line.

What I find so interesting in those numbers is the big one for Aviator, of course, now that the supply constraint from the Ghod-awful launch seems to be past -- surpassing Navigator sales which themselves were up strongly from October 2018. If I remember right, Navi sales were pretty flat the last few months. I suspect that a number of people were holding off because they wanted to get a look at the Aviator but then decided that they just needed the extra room of the bigger 3-row. And even Nautilus sales were up, though in *mere* single digits. So Aviator sales did not seem to cannibalize either the Navi or Naut. My gut tells me that as Corsair volume ramps up it will overtake Nautilus as volume leader; heck Aviator might surpass Nautilus as well, at least for a time. But the Nautilus should hang in there, even though it is now the only Lincoln SUV of the previous generation, because for many the Corsair's just too small and the Aviator's just a bit too big (they don't need that 3rd row).

Right.  At this point, I'm not even considering MKT as we know it's just a matter of selling out whatever is left there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

You are wrong. Ford sell in Europe the Explorer and the Mustang coupe and convertible. The Bronco and the Mustang Mach E will be sold in Europe too. Only the small cars are exclusives for Europe and China (Fiesta and Focus), and large sedans only for China (Fusion, Taurus). Is not a "one Ford", but neither "2 Fords"  .

Sorry, I should have qualified the vehicles mentioned in my post as "volume products"

It is definitly "two Fords", those primarily for North America and those that are not.

Of course if you're in the outside world it's spun differently but head office most

definitly calls it the way I did, Ford cannot afford to keep selling the vehicles it 

does globally when Ranger and Transit are the only ones making real profit.

Edited by jpd80
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

MEB seems to be more of a European calculus, whereas E1 and Rivian are focused here. Access to MEB also probably allows Ford to assess 'best practice' from another manufacturer with regard to what Ford did with E1.

It's also a calculus on plant investment. VW is more than happy to build MEB for Ford because they invested so much in it. Ford was probably on the verge of committing to building Model E derivatives in Europe (which will involve heavy investments in at least one of the 4 plants in Europe). With the MEB, Ford gets to kick the can down the road on huge capital investment required to build EV in Europe, and can concentrate on getting it right in North America.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bzcat said:

It's also a calculus on plant investment. VW is more than happy to build MEB for Ford because they invested so much in it. Ford was probably on the verge of committing to building Model E derivatives in Europe (which will involve heavy investments in at least one of the 4 plants in Europe). With the MEB, Ford gets to kick the can down the road on huge capital investment required to build EV in Europe, and can concentrate on getting it right in North America.

This.

The E was designed to be built in C body shop and uses the same standard  C production assembly line process,

when people see the price of Mach E and how that translates to Europe and RHD they will forget that they ever saw it.

The conversion from an already premium price in the US equals showroom wallflower in Europe ROW...just like Edge was.

Mach E will sell in tiny numbers here in the UK and, I suspect, the rest of Europe. Fiesta, Focus and Kuga are the only decent sellers (apart from Transit, of course) in the UK. Unfortunately, UK buyers are badge snobs and will gravitate to BMW and Audi if they're spending "premium" money.

You can sprinkle some Mustang magic on Mach E but that won't swing many buyers here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnostic said:

building  inventory for Bronco launch.  ?

I was just going to say that. A union official mentioned to me that was kinda what we're doing. We have an extra week off for the holidays and I'm sure they’re going to want to take it slow for a little while. once we start building Broncos. 

• Thanks 1