2020 Aviator welcome lights

Just picked up my 2020 Aviator last week and have noticed that the Tail light welcome lights will sometimes gradually come on and other times they will flash and then turn on. I cannot figure out why they will not turn on gradually like my 2017 MKZ did when I would approach from the rear. Has anyone else noticed this? A friend of mine who got his Aviator in September also has this issue. 

I turned the welcome lighting feature off and on in the vehicle settings to see if that would fix the problem. 

23 hours ago, WDE98 said:

Just picked up my 2020 Aviator last week and have noticed that the Tail light welcome lights will sometimes gradually come on and other times they will flash and then turn on. I cannot figure out why they will not turn on gradually like my 2017 MKZ did when I would approach from the rear. Has anyone else noticed this? A friend of mine who got his Aviator in September also has this issue. 

I turned the welcome lighting feature off and on in the vehicle settings to see if that would fix the problem. 

Hi WDE. And what happened when you turned off the "welcome lights"/Lincoln Embrace feature? Did they turn off completely as they should when disabled? Did they still flash? Did they still turn on gradually?

Is there anything in your Owners Manual about what the flashing may indicate?

I turned the Welcome Lights off for a few hours and then back on. While they were disabled, the lights did not turn on. Once I turned them on in settings, the issue continues. Sometimes turn on gradually other times a quick flash. Nothing is mentioned in the owner’s manual. Guess I might have to take it back to the dealer.