Meanwhile over at Hyundai-

CKNSLS

Retail gains were led by Santa Fe (up 26%), Tucson (up 16%), and Kona (up 27%), while Palisade sold 4,346 retail units, a 26% increase compared with last month, September 2019. In total, retail SUV sales finished at 28,547 units, the best ever October total, representing a 60% mix of retail volume compared with 50% mix in October 2018. This was also the fourth consecutive month exceeding 60% SUV retail mix as Hyundai becomes in closer alignment with the industry. 

https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/2902

The Palisade is doing very well-and I understand the Kia Telluride is even selling better than the Hyundai. Bottom line-unless you need a REAL BOF SUV-these things will continue to sell well as it seems they found the consumer's "sweet spot".

Edited by CKNSLS
spelling
  • Like 1

My brother and sister have both gone Hyundai. Our local Hyundai dealer is great and has a luxury car level of service (whereas I drive twenty minutes away to go to a different Ford store as the local mega-low-mart Ford is awful).  Both of them have new SantaFes - they’re great vehicles and compare favorably with my Edge.  Neither have had the quality issues I’ve had with the Edge.  The Palisade seems like a logical replacement for our Flex.  Ford doesn’t really have a competitor - I suppose the Explorer is supposed to be. 

I’m not likely to go Hyundai (I’m hoping the Bronco replaces our Flex), but I can see why people do.   

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, CKNSLS said:

The Palisade is doing very well-and I understand the Kia Telluride is even selling better than the Hyundai. Bottom line-unless you need a REAL BOF SUV-these things will continue to sell well as it seems they found the consumer's "sweet spot".

These are interesting vehicles - I've sat next to a Palisade at a traffic light, and see quite a few Tellurides around, so they seem to have a good take rate in my area. What surprised me is that these are not as large as I expected them to be - that's not a criticism, just an observation. I think Kia/Hyundia have done a good job with the styling of these vehicles in the sense that they present themselves very well in the metal. The Hyundai isn't very attractive, the Kia is, but both present well.

• Like 1