Video cameras on workstations

ralagon

Video camera`s on the work site or operations? Nothing new.

Every Ford plant with any renovations within the last few years has camera`s everywhere. CAP has them everywhere on the floor and outside in every lot Ford owns or uses. Come on this is Chicago. KCAP, LAP & KTP has the same through out there sealer, enamel, prime and all repair area`s.

We did have a member trying to put a camera on the roof to see what was going on up there but the drama was discontinued prior to broadcasting the saga....

(but no one saw all the spare tires being borrowed from under the pick ups or a Harley being borrowed?) (this is Chicago :hat_tip:)

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Oh... no camera needed for discipline actually here at CAP or anywhere for that matter. Just ask some CAP process coaches about carrying their favorites at a certain starting time and their favorites come in oh lets just say well after the computer said their time started.  Then the favorites standing in LRO trying to say "I" let someone else use my pass...

We live in a point in time that you have to realize you are never off the grid. Even being off the grid gives intel of your last position. 20 to 25 years ago the Army`s 2nd Military Command could tell where every member of a team was at any time on an operation, on the other side of the world. Shit today those members are seen in operation in real time.

Smile... you are never alone

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Wait a friggin minute!!!!!

Stupid we don`t do nuttin stupid on the job!!!!

Most do their stupid out of sight like on the roof or in a cleaning supply closet or office or back seat of a repair unit or in the local`s parking lot but... never.... on the job. :spiteful:

Edited by Decker

On 11/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Decker said:

Video camera`s on the work site or operations? Nothing new.

Every Ford plant with any renovations within the last few years has camera`s everywhere. CAP has them everywhere on the floor and outside in every lot Ford owns or uses. Come on this is Chicago. KCAP, LAP & KTP has the same through out there sealer, enamel, prime and all repair area`s.

We did have a member trying to put a camera on the roof to see what was going on up there but the drama was discontinued prior to broadcasting the saga....

(but no one saw all the spare tires being borrowed from under the pick ups or a Harley being borrowed?) (this is Chicago :hat_tip:)

No one saw tailgates leaving the frap lots either..don't mind the cameras, just hate the idea that an ie could use it to add work, or it being used for discipline in the case of an honest mistake.

• Like 1

The Locals will be expected to go along or it would not be in the National Contract.The Locals maybe able to tweak the details of how the cameras are used but remember the UAW motto--COMPLIANCE is MANDATORY.I gotta nasty itch in my pants,,,,,excuse me.I wish they had better toilet paper around this place!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fatso said:

The Locals will be expected to go along or it would not be in the National Contract.The Locals maybe able to tweak the details of how the cameras are used but remember the UAW motto--COMPLIANCE is MANDATORY.I gotta nasty itch in my pants,,,,,excuse me.I wish they had better toilet paper around this place!

Don't blame me, I voted no because of that BS. 

• Like 1

With most everything in the contract there are differing interpretations of every element that will decide the facilities application. Just like this specific issue, (video) it was started in 1996 and to date nothing has really become of the 1996 letter to Ernest Lofton. Tweaking shit over the years hasn`t changed much and the issues haven`t really been made for any real application one way or another. But...oh yes it`s in there some will say, so will it actually be applied? Work if it is?

Stop and think about those at the table, do they have a true picture of the plant floor? Shit both sides at the table do whatever it takes to avoid the plant floor . Most of there agreed on contractual issues dealing with anything but economics is at best a silly idea that one side or the other thinks will do...? Or one side wants to implement something they were sold by some outside marketing group and the other side will get a big enough kick back or more appointee`s  to say put in a letter of understanding... (FTPM, FPS ...etc.)

One thing for sure, we have members that get focused on one or two issues and make decisions based on the "if`s" and "couldda wouldda`s" but that`s cool with me. It`s just those differences that makes everything interesting.   

At CAP we got`s our share of difference`s that makes for never a drama less day....

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Don't blame me, I voted no because of that BS. 

Dont worry about the cameras.The locals should insist that any resulting video footage obtained shall NOT be used for disciplinary purposes or the company can 'shove it'.One thing the workers will never be told is exactly how much we are necessary to the companies survival.We are all highly trained and have proven ourselves capable.C`mon,the company needs us as much as we need them.I gotta itch that you wont believe and its ,,,,,right there!Catch all that?Wanna see more?

• 2 months later...

The company does to us whatever the union lets them get away with.At the same time they allow the company to break the contract in an arbitrary and capricious manner.Oh well,,,,,I gotsta scratch my ass,,,,,where is that camera? Good old Burkie {sarcasm}.I wonder what his pay off was?