Tesla pickup reveal Nov 21st

HotRunrGuy

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Workhorse is the one currently making this ugly thing

Image result for workhorse

My eyes!!!?

Is it a prerequisite that if you build electric vehicles they have to be ridiculous/ugly looking?  There are certainly some exceptions, but come on now. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tbone said:

My eyes!!!?

Is it a prerequisite that if you build electric vehicles they have to be ridiculous/ugly looking?  There are certainly some exceptions, but come on now. 

No, apparently only electric pickup trucks. OMG, those front ends. First Riven, now this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

No, apparently only electric pickup trucks. OMG, those front ends. First Riven, now this...

Workhorse's electric cargo van is ugly too. Hopefully Tesla and Ford will raise standards for aesthetics of BEV pickup trucks and vans!

workhorse-delivery-van-2.jpg

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tbone said:

My eyes!!!?

I think these guys get on the booze and later that night decide to design a truck

Like Homer's drunk note...

B5EMT1jCMAANnQ5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, akirby said:

You do realize those are all publicity stunts and a regular F150 could do the same thing.......

Pulling is not the same as towing.

No he doesnt realize as he said it towed it lol.

Smh!!

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d be surprised if the Tesla didn’t have a fully covered bed.  I’m betting it is a lot like that GMC that had the retractable roof, only much longer.  There are some nice retractable tonneau covers.  I don’t know why you couldn’t do that for the whole top. Aero is super important for range.  I can’t imagine it will have a standard pickup look.  I think Elon alluded to this when he said it would like a cyberpunk APC.

It won’t appeal to a wide swath of conventional truck buyers.  But to those that like it, they will really love it and absolutely have to have one.  That will be enough to keep Tesla happy.

Edited by novanglus

• 2 weeks later...

The CyberTruck is a CyberYuck!

Watching the reveal right now, it's hideous!  Unless Elon says "Gotcha" Rivian has nothing to worry about.

It looks like a vehicle from the first Total Recall movie.  Can't wait to hear the sheeple try to spin this thing.

Edited by MY93SHO
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Whatever happened to that claim of towing 300,000 pounds he bragged about before? The 500-mile range is good along with the 2.9 0-60 though.

Never claimed it could tow 300k.  It can PULL 300k but so can every other pickup.  Ford’s electric f150 pulled a 1.25M lb train.

• Like 1