Tesla pickup reveal Nov 21st

HotRunrGuy

I've figured out his plan. Make it so ugly nobody wants to buy one.  That way you don't have to add up the loss you take for each one you sell.

Bullet proof body panels.

Nearly unbreakable glass.

Stainless steel.

Air suspension.

$39,900.

It's obvious he kicked the bean counters out the door.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Never claimed it could tow 300k.  It can PULL 300k but so can every other pickup.  Ford’s electric f150 pulled a 1.25M lb train.

Actually he did on his Twitter.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musks-bold-claims-tesla-pickup-truck-cybertruck-features-capabilities-2019-11#it-will-have-a-range-of-at-least-400-miles-6

This vehicle is having a strange lifecycle in my head.  It went from horror, to laughing, to schadenfreude, to hmmm, to maybe, to I kinda get it, to maybe I should order it, to nope it's stupid design passed off as innovation.

It basically looks like a one-off hand-built concept.  I think we are a long way from a final product regardless.

BTW, the blindspots in this vehicle re STUPID bad, the forward view is largely obstructed by enormous pillars and a tall cowl. 

EJ9gmOxUwAAKERm.jpg

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

There was an article on Jalopnic about BEVs not needing to follow the stereotypical styling of cars that we’ve basically had for the past 70 years (I.e. grills etc). This is what happens when you take that advice. 

this is a serious dud. GM and Ford are laughing their way to the future bank with their BEV trucks. 

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

This is what happens when you take that advice. 

The problem here is Elon.  This is clearly a vanity project and goes to his sense of humor. “What if we did a modern DeLorean?” 

No doubt it’ll have a 1.21 Gigawatt mode with an optional flux capacitor.