Tesla pickup reveal Nov 21st

HotRunrGuy

On 11/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, fordmantpw said:

Since most of these trucks will be found in mall parking lots, it's going to be fun trying to figure out which truck is yours when you come out.

Cybertruck owners may do the same thing as some owners of current pickup trucks. Abuse handicapped parking space privileges at those shopping center parking lots. That should make the trucks easier for owners to find, though.

6n4h9u7uy9g11.jpg

blue-zone-parking.jpg

NT3M7P4DHJGUTKFTUEVQPPIDJU.jpg

2 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Cybertruck owners may do the same thing as some owners of current pickup trucks. Abuse handicapped parking space privileges at those shopping center parking lots. That should make the trucks easier for owners to find, though.

You are presuming that those truck owners don't have handicapped access placards permitting them to park there...as for the one where the truck is parked in an obvious no parking area, either A.) all a tow truck or B.) pull the van with the ramp up ahead and then deploy the ramp to get in....pain in the buttocks? Yes, but why would you deploy the ramp with the truck parked there in the first place if not for a smarmy photo-op...

14 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Riddle me this.  EV charging spot, or Handicap parking spot?

HRG

accessible_charging.png

10 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Its an accessible parking space that meets ADA. Technically if you provide a non accessible charging station you should provide an accessible one as well. 

So if a non-handicapped EV driver parks there, he probably gets a ticket. If an non-EV handicapped driver parks there, people will complain that he's ICE-ing the spot.

I wonder just how small the market is of EV-handicapped users?

HRG

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, mlhm5 said:

Handicap parking stickers are far too easy to obtain in almost every single state. https://thenewswheel.com/america-has-a-problem-of-abusing-handicap-parking-spots/

You finally posted something I can get on board with. It drives me nuts how easy it is, I have multiple people in my family who have a handicap tag that are perfectly healthy and capable. One of them even has a "certified" "emotional support" dog. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You finally posted something I can get on board with. It drives me nuts how easy it is, I have multiple people in my family who have a handicap tag that are perfectly healthy and capable. One of them even has a "certified" "emotional support" dog. 

I had this conversation with my (now deceased) FIL, a retired Doctor. The Medical profession thinks the Secretary of States office/DMV should be checking on applicants needs, the SoS/DMV leaves it up to the Doctors to sign-off the application. No Doctor wants to upset their patient by refusing to sign-off, and since they don't have to justify their actions, the placard gets issued.

HRG