Rivian/ Fully Charged interview

MY93SHO

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Using Akirby's 2020 F150 XLT as a base, within 20 miles I see;

45   5.5' boxes

19   6.5' boxes

0     8' boxes

If I include '19s & '20s, same F150 XLT, reducing the radius to 10 miles (to keep under the 100+ results);

61   5.5' boxes

20   6.5' boxes

1     8' box

HRG

I bet those 6.5s are Supercabs.  That's more supercabs than I expected.  Mine is a Supercab 6.5' because I do haul lumber and sheet goods and I think the Supercab looks better (and I didn't need a crewcab).   But there aren't that many around here.  And you never see a CrewCab 6.5' unless it's a special order.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, akirby said:

Who in their right mind would buy a BEV pickup to use as an actual work truck?  

Forward thinking businesses in any industry that operate fleets of work trucks. The transition to BEV in this sector is inevitable, groups like EV100 are hoping to fast track that. 

Some members of EV100. https://www.theclimategroup.org/ev100-members

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yet if you look at Lariat/KR/Plat/LTD there are only 4 total.   And only 4 XLs.   Must be something local with the XLTs.  Very strange.

We're simple people up here. Not much need for those fancy-pants trucks.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Just now, HotRunrGuy said:

We're a simple people up here. Not much need for those fancy-pants trucks.

HRG

Probably more to do with cost.  When I bought mine last year the XLT was only a few thousand more than the XL with much more equipment, but due to the rebates it was about $9K less than the Lariat.   I bet the XLT 302A package was the single most popular F150 model because of that.   Only 2 things I really miss - auto climate and the visor garage door opener.  I swapped in a Lariat visor for $100 though.