2020 Escape Hybrid release from plant

escape20

3 hours ago, Escape17 said:

Does anyone have any information about the release of the 2020 escape hybrids? When they might start shipping them.

All my dealer can tell me is that they are all sitting at the plant built but are not being shipped.....

They have no idea why or when.

Your Dealer is being straight with you. The Ford Vehicle Locator shows all Escape Hybrid vehicles at the plant with none released. 

18 hours ago, Escape17 said:

how do you know it was released?    mine is on order

I have access to the Ford vehicle tracking system. Mine was built on October 2. Nothing significant happened after it was built until November 8 when the status was changed to Released, and the next day to Awaiting Shipment. 

I don't understand... I ordered mine 6/28.. hybrid Titanium.. Sedona orange.. loaded but not unsual... first it got delayed til the week of Sept 30.. then to day of Oct 22, then to week of Nov 4...then  Nov 6... then Nov 21.. then week of Dec 2.. then to day of Dec 5..now to week of Dec 9  and day of Dec 14...  they have been released and plenty are built.. I don't understand... maybe they know I work for a dealer and wanna make me wait.. which I am and getting to be a bummer... anyone have any ideas why?  maybe dealer size so retail orders get bumped? ho hum....

Rick.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered our Titanium Hybrid AWD in Velocity Blue on 6/7, it arrived at dealer 11/27, I picked it up yesterday 12/5. It had 48 miles on it when delivered, so I assume it was tested before it left the factory. While it will be my wife's car (replacing a previous generation Escape Titanium), I drove it about 100 miles before turning it over to her. Initial impressions follow. It drives very light in Normal mode (which she loves), I prefer the feel in Sport mode which tightens up the steering and handling feel just enough. Drives and rides more like a car than the previous generation Escape. Great front visibility, don't even know there is a hood out there. Very quiet. Interior layout and controls are cleaner and more simple versus many other current Ford models. Sync touch screen is much clearer, sharper and faster than the giant vertical screen in my 2020 Explorer. The CVT has come a long way in the last decade. Surprisingly good, responsive pickup when passing going up a hill. Velocity Blue looks great in person with the Sandstone interior. Haven't tried out sitting in the back seats yet, but they slide forward / backward about 3" and recline some depending if you want to maximize cargo or people space. Got 38mpg on first 100+ miles. Good first impression, my wife is delighted. I'll post an update on a new thread after a couple of thousand miles.  

• Like 2

Good luck with your new Escape.

Mine was built yesterday 12/7 with an ETA of 12/22. I hope they up the incentives by then since its only 500.00.

I ordered mine on 10/28, so  the whole process for me will take about 7 weeks. i was not expecting delivery until at least January

You said you got 38MPG   was that highway, city or mixed driving?

The 38 mpg on my first 100 miles was mixed driving. What was really surprising was according to the trip computer I got 71.6 mpg on a 16 mile stretch (with only two stop signs) of a 45 mph road on rolling terrain in Arkansas between a grocery store and my house. While I was intentionally was being very gentle with the accelerator pedal, I was not holding anybody up and going with the flow of light traffic. When I got home the trip display indicated I was in electric mode about 50% of the way. My wife got 50 mpg on about 40 miles of 35-50 mph road today. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...