Build or wait?

surfmore

6 hours ago, Black Label said:

I just joined. Wish I had seen his thread in November. 

Ordered a Black Label, Pristine White/Chalet with Cargo Package and second row console two weeks ago. Negotiated for weeks with 2 dealers in the Chicago area. I know the options, etc., better than most sales people. Ended up going with a dealer in Chicago who eventually agreed to my $900 BELOW invoice offer. 

Their website showed a Chroma Blue in stock I wanted my wife to see. Turns out, the site was incorrect as they had traded that away for a Pristine White. I said, "How about going to an even $1000 below invoice and all will be forgiven."  Sort of tongue in cheek and they didn't agree to that. What they did, however, was offer to throw in the $141 floor liners, which I was ordering anyway. So, ended up $1041 BELOW invoice on a brand new factory ordered Black Label. 

While the Black Labels are "exclusive" maybe, I think not negotiating with me was a mistake by the other dealers. One of them is 10 minutes from my house. Yes, I will use them for the car washes, but the dealer I ordered from, while 40 minutes away, will get to bill Lincoln for my service visits and annual details. Short sighted by the other dealers, and they won't sell me a vehicle next time either. 

This day and age, with the pricing tools, I would never pay over invoice. They will act like they are losing money, and yes, Lincoln gives no hold back to the dealers, but I am certain there are bonuses paid to them for sales numbers. 

BTW, have you taken delivery yet?

I too was very surprised with the dealers in my area, the dealer that I did the test drive at seemed not very interested in wanting to even return my call when I was ready to order. The second dealer I took my wife to just to check out the Navigator and ended up making an appointment a few days later to order and go through the negotiating process. I honestly did not feel like it was gonna go well after talking briefly to the manager. He pretty much didn't give me the time of day and that's fine. Anyways on my way to the appointment the third dealer called me which was the AAA guy and I told him I was 10 minutes away from the dealer to order my truck and if he would give it to me for 1 thousand  over invoice I'd turn around and go to him. He says he would do it and that's where I went with no hassle and super easy. After signing the papers the other dealer calls and says he would do it for 500 over invoice because they wanted my business. Should of shown some interest in helping me when we were there in person. Haha I'm very happy with the one thousand over invoice and no haggling.

Navigator is in production now which was the 9th, so hopefully another couple weeks it shows up. Glad I ordered it because I'm getting exactly what I want. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, surfmore said:

I too was very surprised with the dealers in my area, the dealer that I did the test drive at seemed not very interested in wanting to even return my call when I was ready to order. The second dealer I took my wife to just to check out the Navigator and ended up making an appointment a few days later to order and go through the negotiating process. I honestly did not feel like it was gonna go well after talking briefly to the manager. He pretty much didn't give me the time of day and that's fine. Anyways on my way to the appointment the third dealer called me which was the AAA guy and I told him I was 10 minutes away from the dealer to order my truck and if he would give it to me for 1 thousand  over invoice I'd turn around and go to him. He says he would do it and that's where I went with no hassle and super easy. After signing the papers the other dealer calls and says he would do it for 500 over invoice because they wanted my business. Should of shown some interest in helping me when we were there in person. Haha I'm very happy with the one thousand over invoice and no haggling.

Navigator is in production now which was the 9th, so hopefully another couple weeks it shows up. Glad I ordered it because I'm getting exactly what I want. 

Excellent! Sorry if I came across rude or anything. Hopefully you will show us some pics of the new ride when it arrives. 

Rude?? Not at all, just my experience. Looking forward to my new ride and will post a photo for sure. I'm going to tint the side windows and see what the grill looks like and the cargo rack because I'm thinking of doing a black wrap on them but need to see what it looks like first.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, surfmore said:

Rude?? Not at all, just my experience. Looking forward to my new ride and will post a photo for sure. I'm going to tint the side windows and see what the grill looks like and the cargo rack because I'm thinking of doing a black wrap on them but need to see what it looks like first.

Maybe not rude, but condescending or anything about the invoice pricing thing. Looking forward to seeing them. 

3 hours ago, surfmore said:

I'm doing this exact thing ... if you beat me to it please post a pic. Mine is supposed to show up mid to late February. Did you order the black rims?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Black Label said:

Wow, just got a text from my salesman. VIN assigned, build week 2/10/2020, build date 2/16/2020! Guessing a week or so after that for delivery to the dealership, is that about right?

I was told about a month after the build date is when it would arrive. My build date was 1/20/20 and it had an estimate arrival of 2/10/20 but my salesperson said he'd guess it'd be about 10 days later than that.

8 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I was told about a month after the build date is when it would arrive. My build date was 1/20/20 and it had an estimate arrival of 2/10/20 but my salesperson said he'd guess it'd be about 10 days later than that.

Oh okay.  Darn, I figured a week or two. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a call that my Navigator was en route. Build was 1/21 and completed 1/29 and was on a rail already. He still thought that might mean 2/10 or so ... with the customization and the fact it's showing up earlier than expected (have to change customization dates) it might end up being in my possession about when I expected ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, surfmore said:

Mine is also in transit and was told Feb 7th to the 13th. I really like that black grill and black mirrors, not to sure about all black on the top. Thanks for the photos, decisions decisions!!!!

Yes, I agree. I don't like the Range Rover look on top. I just plan on blacking out all of the chrome (ordered the black monochromatic grille from parts) and I ordered the 22" black OEM wheels. I like that the chrome on the door handles is a sliver of space rather than the whole door handle on the 2020s. I'm also glad I waited and was able to get Pristine White over the Tri-Coat white ... a more pure white color.

I'm undecided on wrapping the gray lower piece on the front lower bumper, but I think I will (like in the examples above). Gonna tint to match the rear windows too. I'm also having an aftermarket DVD/RSES put in that looks like the OEM but with more features. I will report back here about how that turns out. Built in FM transmitter and accessible through an app on a Smart Phone as well.

https://sc.voxxintl.com/docs/common/AVXSB10UHD/AVXSB10UHD_SELL_SH_LINCOLN.pdf

Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys in a few weeks!

6 hours ago, surfmore said:

Where did you order the black grill from? When you built the truck or separate and put it on after it arrives? I really want one, I think it will look way better than the white it comes with. 

My dealer has a woman who helps with any customization. She ordered it through the parts department to put on afterwards. When I had plans for a 2019 she was going to have it painted and now that they have it for the black monochrome she just went through parts. I think it was $800 though :( a little bit of labor too I'm sure. It was cheaper when I was just going to have it painted.

I almost ordered the Pristine White monochromatic as well ... with Slate Gray interior ... but in the end I decided I wanted the Black Label badging and didn't want to have it put on after the fact (and it was my excuse to get the black label after they made the black rims a stand alone option on black label).

Honestly I'm surprised Lincoln didn't do the black rim package with a black trim package as well since that is the trend. The monochromatic doesn't quite look right to me on it's own (the black monochromatic is almost too much black). I like the contrast of the badging whether it be chrome badging on black (or another dark color) or black badging on white (or another light color).

Where did you order the black grill from? When you built the truck or separate and put it on after it arrives? I really want one, I think it will look way better than the white it comes with. 

Got the new ride on Saturday, I am going to tint the side windows and wrap the luggage rack black. Going to check on a chrome delete and most likely keep the grill the way it is.

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

• Like 1