Goodbye Focus, hello Flex

6 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, going from a Focus to a Flex sure will be an adjustment...that Flex is like two of your Focus.

The thing my wife and I both commented on almost immediately (despite the snowstorm) is it doesn't drive like a big vehicle. Not sure if that's typical or the AWD making a difference. 

• Like 1

My 2013 Flex is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.  Anyone put off by the looks of the Flex needs to drive one before passing judgment.  My wife wanted an Explorer back in 2013 and hated it after driving it.  She thought the Flex was ugly and didn't even want to drive it.  I talked her into just driving it to see and after 1/2 mile she was hooked.

I also owned a 2008 Focus and it has been a great car.  It's a manual and I gave it to my son with 175,000 miles on it.  Still on original clutch.

Congrats.

14 minutes ago, Schpark said:

My 2013 Flex is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.  Anyone put off by the looks of the Flex needs to drive one before passing judgment.  My wife wanted an Explorer back in 2013 and hated it after driving it.  She thought the Flex was ugly and didn't even want to drive it.  I talked her into just driving it to see and after 1/2 mile she was hooked.

I also owned a 2008 Focus and it has been a great car.  It's a manual and I gave it to my son with 175,000 miles on it.  Still on original clutch.

Congrats.

My Focus was a manual too. Had 200,413 miles on it when I traded it. Original clutch went at about 183,000ish. There's a thread here about it somewhere with the actual number. 

37 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Just found the in plant broadcast sheet under the third row seat. Not something that people usually get so that was kind of cool. It tells the workers on the line what parts that specific car gets. 

4C54A62C-5FFA-4DC6-A501-652E0F8A11FC.jpeg

This is awesome! Fun souvenir (especially for someone like yourself). 

I believe that Stone Gray is just a new name for Mineral Gray, right? The color looks exactly the same as my 2013 Mineral Gray. 

Many happy miles to you. I've roadtripped a LOT of cars, and nothing has come close to my Flex. 

13 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

This is awesome! Fun souvenir (especially for someone like yourself). 

I believe that Stone Gray is just a new name for Mineral Gray, right? The color looks exactly the same as my 2013 Mineral Gray. 

Many happy miles to you. I've roadtripped a LOT of cars, and nothing has come close to my Flex. 

I would have to compare the two side by side. All I know is it's not a super common color and that was confirmed by my salesman. He told us he's only sold a handful in that color over the years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I would have to compare the two side by side. All I know is it's not a super common color and that was confirmed by my salesman. He told us he's only sold a handful in that color over the years. 

It's probably just a one-off color - slightly different with a different paint code.   They do that a lot.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Just found the in plant broadcast sheet under the third row seat. Not something that people usually get so that was kind of cool. It tells the workers on the line what parts that specific car gets. 

4C54A62C-5FFA-4DC6-A501-652E0F8A11FC.jpeg

I've had MANY new cars, and only once have I found this sheet stuck under the hood liner.  It was a custom build I ordered as well so I kept it. I'm sure I still have it somewhere, although I don't have the car (2011 or 2013 MKX I think).  

46 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Only complaint I have so far and it's really not going to be a relevant one until the kids are out of car seats, no arm rests on the middle row seats. 

Maybe something like this down the road?

https://www.cupholdersplus.com/narrow-bench-seat-cruiser-console.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI16qOhsjl5QIVS_7jBx2lsQhrEAQYAiABEgKhvfD_BwE

HRG

Narrow-Bench-Seat-Cruiser-Console-Aqua_540x540.jpg

11 hours ago, sullynd said:

My Flex is due to be replaced next (I keep my cars ten years on a five year rotation).  I’ve told myself I won’t get another Flex, but this thread is really making me think. Such a great car. 

Just don't think too long. Last one came off the assembly line last month.

Congratulations! I test drove the Flex when Ford had it at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals. Very comfortable and roomy, with near-perfect height for entry and exit. I really liked the Flex, particularly with the optional white roof.

My wife, however, didn't like them - she still refers to the Flex as "the vehicle that looks like a hearse."

That seemed to be quite common among the people I know - the wife was the one who didn't like the Flex. (They prefer crossovers or SUVs.) The husband liked it.