Goodbye Focus, hello Flex

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

We are still building the Flex. The last one rolls of the line within the next couple of weeks FYI. The last MKT was last month. Some people at the plant are saying it’s done this week. We shall see.

My mistake. I misremembered. Was thinking of the MKT.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:13 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Only complaint I have so far and it's really not going to be a relevant one until the kids are out of car seats, no arm rests on the middle row seats. 

If/when you have kid #3, you will appreciate not having the arm rests or the console.  Makes walking between the second row seats to the back a breeze...and you don't have to flip the seats up.  I'm assuming you have the buckets in the middle.

6 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

If/when you have kid #3, you will appreciate not having the arm rests or the console.  Makes walking between the second row seats to the back a breeze...and you don't have to flip the seats up.  I'm assuming you have the buckets in the middle.

Yeah. We made a point to get the buckets. Now if only I can get my son to stop kicking the fold button before he breaks it ?

25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah. We made a point to get the buckets. Now if only I can get my son to stop kicking the fold button before he breaks it ?

When I sit in the back of my brother's Flex (or when he's in the back of mine), we always hit that button with our elbows lol.

6 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

My son has been in the terrible 2's since about 18 months.  He's 14 now...

Only 4 years left! 

Our daughter was a strong willed child which meant she did whatever the hell she wanted and consequences didn't matter.  She's 24 now and only slightly better.   Let's just say if she had been our first child we probably would have stopped there.   Son is 30 and polar opposite.

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

That was a general statement not directed at you per se.

I know. I felt the need to clarify anyway. 

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Only 4 years left! 

Our daughter was a strong willed child which meant she did whatever the hell she wanted and consequences didn't matter.  She's 24 now and only slightly better.   Let's just say if she had been our first child we probably would have stopped there.   Son is 30 and polar opposite.

A friend of ours has a daughter 3 days younger than our son. She's ruthless. I'm surprised they had a second child. 

18 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A friend of ours has a daughter 3 days younger than our son. She's ruthless. I'm surprised they had a second child. 

What I found so surprising is how often that happens where one child is so easy to parent/motivated and the other is such a PITA and/or lazy.  And it's not always first vs. second or girl vs. boy.

While we're on the topic...

I have 10 and 9 year old daughters. Both starting that beautiful hormonal imbalance and one is boy crazy. 

I have a 7 year old son who only stops moving long enough to eat and is currently a 3 sport athlete. 

I have an 8 month old  daughter who is STILL sleep training. 

I. Feel. You. All. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Only 4 years left! 

Don't bet on it!  Our son is 27, living in Germany, and calls his mother most nights between 1 and 2 am, just to wake her up and say hello.   Me, I won't answer the phone, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Only 4 years left! 

Our oldest daughter is 16, junior in HS, 4.0 GPA so far, and driven to get good grades.  Follows the rules, a typical "goodie-two-shoes" and we have no concerns with her driving.

Our son (14) is the exact opposite.  Doesn't care about grades, school, or rules.  He does have ADHD, so SOME of it is attributed to the impulsiveness that comes along with it.  He's 9 months from being old enough to get his permit.  Ain't no freaking way that's happening!  Like you, had he been first, he'd have been our last.

For some reason, we had a third.  She's 10.  Holy shit what an attitude!  She at least cares about consequences though.

It's amazing how 3 kids from the same parents can be completely different.

43 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Don't bet on it!  Our son is 27, living in Germany, and calls his mother most nights between 1 and 2 am, just to wake her up and say hello.   Me, I won't answer the phone, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

HRG

I'm sure she just enjoys hearing his voice, especially from that far away.  I'm like you...I wouldn't answer the phone! :)

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

Its like having a newborn again, lol.  I know how my wife would be, so I feel you.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I just signed the paperwork on a new 2019 Flex SEL. I'll take pictures when we aren't getting hammered with 5 inches of snow. 

Goodbye 2008 Focus, you served me well but it was time to move on. 

So did I ...... My question is..... you gonna undercoat it?........... I'm in Michigan and I think I'm gonna do it..... I keep my cars a long time and with the road salt and other crap they use, I think it's a good idea .... average about 12 years before I buy a new one........... What do you guys think?

22 minutes ago, lastmanstanding said:

So did I ...... My question is..... you gonna undercoat it?........... I'm in Michigan and I think I'm gonna do it..... I keep my cars a long time and with the road salt and other crap they use, I think it's a good idea .... average about 12 years before I buy a new one........... What do you guys think?

I'm not going to worry about it right now. On top of holiday stuff my furnace just went out last night so I'll have to revisit in spring. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lastmanstanding said:

Just talked to a Ford Rep on their Ford Help line...... I was told that Rust proofing and undercoating "in most cases "would void corrsion warranty......... .......... so now what?............

Now you need to make a choice. Either live with Ford's warranty on the panels, or see if the rust-proofing/undercoating supplier would offer better/longer coverage.

HRG

17 minutes ago, lastmanstanding said:

Just talked to a Ford Rep on their Ford Help line...... I was told that Rust proofing and undercoating "in most cases "would void corrsion warranty......... .......... so now what?............

Undercoating traps water and salt, don't do it. Throw a yard sprinkler under the car in the spring and let it run a few hours.Your choices are keep it washed or see if you can do this: