Goodbye Focus, hello Flex

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

10 kids? 

Jeebus, I couldn't imagine how crazy that house is 

Not as crazy as you'd expect. They're kids (technically, the eldest is an adult at 18, and the 16 year old has always been more responsible than most adults), but they're generally well-behaved. Their mom and dad definitely believe in applying discipline to a child's backside as needed.

223B9B1D-933F-4B2B-A5A1-28367AB7E18B.thumb.jpeg.8194731b4f74797746bc43049c8af7a2.jpeg

• Like 1

There's a certain part of my anatomy I (or my wife) would have cut off LOOOONG before we ended up with 10 kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I don't have enough sanity to spread it around for 10!

I have heard, though, that the more kids you have, the generally better behaved and calm they are as a whole.

4 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

There's a certain part of my anatomy I (or my wife) would have cut off LOOOONG before we ended up with 10 kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I don't have enough sanity to spread it around for 10!

I have heard, though, that the more kids you have, the generally better behaved and calm they are as a whole.

No you just cant keep track of all the crap they do.  Ignorance is bliss

11 hours ago, Fordowner said:

Didn't want to start a thread for this so figured this was the best place to put it.     Doesn't the Rivan SUV they show in all the articles look like an updated Flex?

Not so much--it's too tall in the body, IMHO. I can kinda see what you're saying, but it looks more like an Expedition or Suburban to my eye; it would need to be shorter to look like an updated Flex.

Flex should have had sliding rear  like a van to enhance the utility and uniqueness factors.

One of these days, car makers are going to need to find a new way to design doors and seat passengers.It seems like those are the parts of vehicles that haven't changed or been experimented with in ages. 

For example, what if we simply rotated the seats?  In this design concept, you have a 7 seat vehicle with incredibly easy access to all 7 seats. No folding, or climbing through the trunk or over seats.  And depending on the vehicle size you can have extra storage or extra seating. Maybe the storage area could have fold up seats like you see in the back of a ranger.  It might be awkward staring at the people across from you, but most kids will be staring at their phones anyhow.   And if you design all the rear seating to fold up or down, suddenly you have a giant enclosed area with massive storage.

1439410831_newcardesign.thumb.png.671e783234d9ad1b65c014c24c979165.png

Edited by probowler

2 hours ago, probowler said:

Flex should have had sliding rear  like a van to enhance the utility and uniqueness factors.

One of these days, car makers are going to need to find a new way to design doors and seat passengers.It seems like those are the parts of vehicles that haven't changed or been experimented with in ages. 

For example, what if we simply rotated the seats?  In this design concept, you have a 7 seat vehicle with incredibly easy access to all 7 seats. No folding, or climbing through the trunk or over seats.  And depending on the vehicle size you can have extra storage or extra seating. Maybe the storage area could have fold up seats like you see in the back of a ranger.  It might be awkward staring at the people across from you, but most kids will be staring at their phones anyhow.   And if you design all the rear seating to fold up or down, suddenly you have a giant enclosed area with massive storage.

1439410831_newcardesign.thumb.png.671e783234d9ad1b65c014c24c979165.png

The rear doors are long enough to make that a non issue, trust me.