Goodbye Focus, hello Flex

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I just signed the paperwork on a new 2019 Flex SEL. I'll take pictures when we aren't getting hammered with 5 inches of snow. 

Goodbye 2008 Focus, you served me well but it was time to move on. 

Congrats! My 2010 Flex (now with 130k miles) is my favorite vehicle that I’ve owned. 

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I still like how these look, especially with the sport appearance package. I don’t know if it’s an option on the newer models but I remember when it first came out, you could get a refrigerated rear console. Always thought that was a cool option.ford_flex_fridge.jpg

I think they dropped that as an option a few years ago.  I think the console is still available, but not the refrigeration option.

I have the fridge, and it's honestly useless.  Unless you're on a long road trip where the car/fridge will be on for a long time, it's usually not on enough to get cold and then keep the drinks or whatever cold.

Awesome!  I've been trying to convince my sister to buy a Flex to replace her 10 year old Edge, they are a great bargain despite their age.  She's not a fan of the styling, but I keep showing her versions that look badass.  I love the tidy sheetmetal, blacked out green house and floating roof, those perfect proportions that don't look like a FWD minivan, no black cladding, and it still has a great drivetrain.  And she is very price sensitive so the Explorer is out of the question, the Flex was their only bargain 3-Row utility.   

Edited by Assimilator

13 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Awesome!  I've been trying to convince my sister to buy a Flex to replace her 10 year old Edge, they are a great bargain despite their age.  She's not a fan of the styling, but I keep showing her versions that look badass.  I love the tidy sheetmetal, blacked out green house and floating roof, those perfect proportions that don't look like a FWD minivan, no black cladding, and it still has a great drivetrain.  And she is very price sensitive so the Explorer is out of the question, the Flex was their only bargain 3-Row utility.   

The one thing I can see being an issue is the curve on the bottom of the doors. Also a good way to take a chunk out of your calves if you’re not careful.