Contract voting results

cal50

The Yes votes are almost 62% currently company wide with a over a 6,000 vote cushion. Barring a 75-80% No vote from the Kentucky plants, the contract will be ratified. (Those 12,000 votes at Local 862 are the biggest chunk by far in the company) The final Yes percentage could be anywhere from the high 50's to the upper 60's depending on if they slightly reject it in KY or pass it with 2/3 support. We will know tomorrow in late afternoon. It will be interesting to see how Chrysler does their deal next.

2 hours ago, cal50 said:

The fat lady , tranny or whatever can now start singing.

Wait a minute,,,okay the contract passed at Local 600 but no numbers of votes have been posted yet?Are all the  plastic paint buckets {if they still do it that way}accounted for?Or is Local 600 the Wild Card just in case Local 862 gets a mind of its own?For the record,that is a "suspicion" and not an "allegation".If the UAW really wants to regain credibility, it needs to operate as transparent as possible,making itself above suspicion.That may mean giving up some control because right now the IUAW answers only to itself and we all see how that turned out.IUAW might be headed toward receivership if the current and former presidents are found guilty of corruption.For the record I voted YES and would like to see this contract passed.For the record I have met many fine UAW local reps who I trust.I do not know anybody 'high up' in even the local.At this point the union needs new leadership desperately."I COULDA been a CONTENDA",Marlon Brando from 'On the Waterfront'.

Edited by Fatso
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DTP QLS said:

1571 Yes

776 No

Thank You. That seems like a light turn out.I did meet some fine lower level union people {shout out to my Mitty-Man}while I was at the Rouge.I would follow Gary Walkowicz  or Nick Kottalis, into hell.The hourly workers,who pay dues ARE the union.Contract passed ,we are in the $$$$$$$$.:gold_star:Special thanks to all my union brothers and sisters at GM who sacrificed to make it all possible.DAMN,the company is hard to beat!

Edited by Fatso
  • Thanks 1