• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod79

Which fifth wheel hitch are you using?

Which fifth wheel hitch are you guys using in the factory OEM mounts?  I picked up a 20k lb B&W to fit the puck mount system in my new truck. The hitch was only used a couple times and I got a great price for it compared to paying new, about $600 less than a new one in Canada. I was only able to get one arm latched on either side for the ride home, adjusted them when I got home and had a nice warm garage to do it in. Now I just need to sell my above bed rail mount hitch. 

779596AE-089E-4F1D-A524-50B6A5634907.jpeg

New to 5th wheel towing. Is the sliding hitch a necessity with a 6 1/2' bed as some say, or will a stationary hitch work OK? Thx.

I had a 6 3/4’ bed and used my reese revolution pin box in the unlocked and locked position, unlocked it wasn’t even close to the cab at 90 degrees. With it locked it was uncomfortably close to the cab at 90 degrees. The only time I was ever at 90 degrees is when I checked to see how close it would be to the cab. I now have a long box(I wanted it for the larger fuel tank) so it won’t be an issue. To answer your question I never needed a sliding hitch but I’m sure others have.  

I don't have a slider and have been in a few tight spots and haven't needed it.  Just watch your RV/cab clearance and you'll be fine without.