Which fifth wheel hitch are you using?

Ramrod79

Which fifth wheel hitch are you guys using in the factory OEM mounts?  I picked up a 20k lb B&W to fit the puck mount system in my new truck. The hitch was only used a couple times and I got a great price for it compared to paying new, about $600 less than a new one in Canada. I was only able to get one arm latched on either side for the ride home, adjusted them when I got home and had a nice warm garage to do it in. Now I just need to sell my above bed rail mount hitch. 

779596AE-089E-4F1D-A524-50B6A5634907.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 6 3/4’ bed and used my reese revolution pin box in the unlocked and locked position, unlocked it wasn’t even close to the cab at 90 degrees. With it locked it was uncomfortably close to the cab at 90 degrees. The only time I was ever at 90 degrees is when I checked to see how close it would be to the cab. I now have a long box(I wanted it for the larger fuel tank) so it won’t be an issue. To answer your question I never needed a sliding hitch but I’m sure others have.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally sold my 16k. lb hitch.  It worked great and the head easily removed as well making it easier to move around in two pieces. I feel like the base on my new to me 20K lb puck  mount B&W hitch is lighter, but the head is much heavier and you have a pin on each side that needs to be removed to take the head off versus just lifting the handles and removing the head on the smaller   hitch.  Still have at least a couple months before I get to try pulling with the new truck

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My brother-in-law did a gooseneck conversion on his 5th wheel camper since he already tows various gooseneck farm trailers.  The more I read up on it the more I liked it.  I've got a 2020 F350 PSD on order to replace my treed 2011 F250 PSD and plan on upgrading from a travel trailer to a 5th wheel camper once the truck arrives.  Also plan on converting the camper to gooseneck, probably with the Reese goose box.  I can't find any real drawbacks from those using them and getting the bed of the truck back is a major benefit.

• 1 month later...

First year with the new truck and new B&W 20k hitch, both worked great, the only thing I don’t like about this hitch is the lack of adjustments.  My 16k B&W which had at least double the adjustability.  I am now not able to open the front storage on my fifth wheel all the way which can be a bit of a pain, this is also partially due to the tailgate being so deep at the top. 

• Like 1