Wheel Lock Issues on Corsair

PBD

I odered wheel locks for my Corsair.  The available locks do not fit.  Lincoln and the dealer are telling me that there is no solution at this time.  The company is thinking of returning my $75.  However, they promised that when a solution is found I will be contacted.   Anyone else having this issue?

3 hours ago, PBD said:

I odered wheel locks for my Corsair.  The available locks do not fit.  Lincoln and the dealer are telling me that there is no solution at this time.  The company is thinking of returning my $75.  However, they promised that when a solution is found I will be contacted.   Anyone else having this issue?

Makes no sense at all! The wheel locks would be the same as for the Ford Escape and every Escape I order includes the wheel lock option. If the vehicle was ordered with the locks they would be shipped separately for installation at the dealership. Otherwise they are available for order from the dealership's parts department.  

37 minutes ago, PBD said:

My understanding is that with the larger wheels that wheel locks do not fit due to the design of the center of the wheel.

ahhhh, the center caps won't snap-on over the longer locks.  

I wonder if a set like this would work?  https://shop.mcgard.com/cone-seat-under-hub-cap-wheel-lock-set-m12-x-1-5-thread-size-set-of-4-locks-and-1-key?sku=24012&year=2019&make=Ford&model=Escape&action=related

HRG

Corsair center caps.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

I talked to our parts department this morning and learned that many of the wheel locks are specific to certain models, wheels, etc. Just seems strange that a simple item like wheel locks, available as a factory order option, are difficult to get for a model that's in production. But then again, we're talking about Ford/Lincoln!

I ran into the same sort of situation with my ELR. I had the wheels powder coated black, and the plastic cap whole center cap vinyl wrapped in black. The idea was to run no whole wheel cap (that covers all the lugnuts) in the summer and use the smaller (separately bought) Cadillac center hub cover instead. Then in winter run the whole wheel caps and keep the crap out of the lugnut area. So I bought new all black powder coated lugnuts with wheel locks and discovered that the whole wheel cap won't fit over the new lugnuts and wheel locks because the stock lugnuts have no top or cap, they have to be lower, open and no higher then the wheel stud, it's that close. So if I want to run whole wheel caps I have to put the factory open lugnuts back on. PITA.

Gloss black ELR wheels.jpg

• 2 weeks later...