2013 Mondeo won't start after fueling up

So I have this weird bug on my Mondeo. After I fuel up, I press the start button (no physical key) and  FetLife  I can hear it turning the starter for a second or two but the engine doesn't start. When I press the button second time it turns the starter longer and starts the engine. It always goes in this sequence - first try fail, second one - success. And only the first time after fueling up. Even if I stop the engine soon after fueling, it  vshare starts on the first try.

The issue appeared around the time I changed the battery for the first time. I tried asking at the Ford dealership but they had no idea. Since the car reliably starts on the second try after fueling, I have ignored the issue until now, but now that I'm going to sell the car I want to fix it. Any ideas?  https://discord.software/

Edited by TiferMendos

My 2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 EB with 80,000 miles has a similar problem.  The engine seems to almost stall at idle once or twice at stoplights immediately after a fillup.  It has been a problem since about 70,000 miles.  It doesn't happen every time and seems to be worse in warmer weather. After the first 10 minutes of driving the problem disappears.  I have not however experienced the startup problem myself--yet.

Edited by hbalek

As already mentioned this sounds like the purge valve has gone south.  The problem is frequently linked to over filling the gas tank.  When the tank is over filled (driver keeps clicking the handle lever to try and round off the $ amount or get a little more fuel into the tank) the fuel runs out of expansion space built into the tank and creeps into vent lines that 'should' only contain air.  The charcoal canister can be polluted by gasoline and ruined, the purge valve is affected too. 

Suggestion.  The next few times you gas up, stop a little short of a full tank.  If you're lucky no permanent damage has been done and the emissions system will air itself out. If not, the purge valve is an easy fix (look for MacT YouTube videos on the subject).