Ford rivals say Bronco doesn’t worry them.

What do you really expect them to say?

"We're quaking in our boots hoping we don't lose all our mall crawler sales to Ford.  That's one of the few things keeping FCA financially afloat!"

"We're really kicking ourselves for using the Blazer and Trailblazer names on crossovers instead of bringing the international Trailblazer to the US.  Maybe we can convince people to buy Hummers again, but they'll be electric this time!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, PREMiERdrum said:

This is probably the closest analogy in recent memory, although I think that this new Bronco will end up meaning much more for Ford's trajectory than the 05 Mustang. 

Its going to be the take down notice for Jeep that they no longer own that market, between the Baby Bronco and Bronco. 

Jeep has done a good job marketing Wrangler as the 'coolest kid on the block' so in my eyes they earned their leadership position.  I want to see the Bronco decimate the hideous Toyota 4Runner that extremely popular here in the Mountain West and really hard to look at. Difficult task, I know the Toyota crowd is possibly even more loyal than Jeep fans.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J-150 said:

GT levels of secret skunkworks project here. No one saw this coming...

Lol, obviously everyone knows it's coming, but we don't know much detail about it - feature set, etc.

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Actually one of the strongest group interested in Bronco was Mustang buyers

I fall under that category!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, probowler said:

Despite possibly pulling a chunk of mustang owners, I think the combination of mustang +bronco will be a great combination in the Ford lineup, and present a strong challenge to the Wrangler and Challenger 

I think it's more likely you'd see a Bronco AND Mustang in the same garage, than one outright replacing the other.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think it's more likely you'd see a Bronco AND Mustang in the same garage, than one outright replacing the other.

That's what I was thinking-I'd personally like a Bronco as a daily driver and the Mustang as a weekend car-and get a sign that says Pony parking only LOL

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, Stampede.Offroad said:

What do you really expect them to say?

"We're quaking in our boots hoping we don't lose all our mall crawler sales to Ford.  That's one of the few things keeping FCA financially afloat!"

"We're really kicking ourselves for using the Blazer and Trailblazer names on crossovers instead of bringing the international Trailblazer to the US.  Maybe we can convince people to buy Hummers again, but they'll be electric this time!"

Well to be fair here is how the raptor and soon to be tremor will be used...1% exits residence and go thru automated residential gate to office..1% returns home in same fashion that evening and repeats process following date..truly i dont think mopar or chebby care to much about bronc....i will reserve judgment on the bronc until i actually see the dam thing in 2032 (hopefully)

7 hours ago, rperez817 said:

If Ford introduces the battery electric version of Bronco sooner rather than later, other automakers will have good reason to worry.

Really?...kalifornia cant even keep the juice on....at least i can hand pump gas out of a tank...is ford giving a free bicycle to produce the juice when the grid is shut off?...

Edited by snooter

Well, Ford was in this position when GM resurrected the midsize truck to great fanfare.  They responded the exact same way, wait and see.  And eventually the responded.  The only difference is that the Bronco is a very non-trivial product to birth.  It's a legendary brand with high expectations.  Very few automakers have that in the wings and it's not something they can pump out from scratch very quickly.  Although GM can do it, in their typical GM fashion, quick and simple.  But Ford is largely starting from scratch and has to invent and learn a great deal about this type of product that Jeep has spent decades perfecting.  

As for Jeep, the Wrangler is a very different product.  It's a true off-roading rock crawler with some extreme style for that purpose.  Bronco is a go-fast off-roader like the Raptor, but it's not going to challenge a Wrangler in the extremes.  

Edited by Assimilator

If the rumors and early leaks about modular grills, awning convertible roofs and removable doors all pan out, then it seems Ford has done a fantastic job studying and emulating jeep.

All those jeep accessories are expensive, and if ford can get in the game with official Ford parts to compliment the aftermarket, the Bronco is gonna be HOT, and the money will rain. 

16 hours ago, probowler said:

If the rumors and early leaks about modular grills, awning convertible roofs and removable doors all pan out, then it seems Ford has done a fantastic job studying and emulating jeep.

All those jeep accessories are expensive, and if ford can get in the game with official Ford parts to compliment the aftermarket, the Bronco is gonna be HOT, and the money will rain. 

A big part of the project was no doubt, capturing those needs so that owners don't have to go elsewhere to accessorize the things that are important to them. The object here is to deliver a Bronco, not a Wrangler copy.

Edited by jpd80