It’s Official: Mustang Mach-E Is the Newest Member of the Mustang Family; Reserve Online Starting Sunday, Nov. 17

I still think it's a weird gamble to make, linking two genres of products together that sell to extremely different customers. I'm not entirely sure how this will work, but it should give them much better awareness.  It may not work, or it may be brilliant.  They have to live up to the hype however and things can turn against them pretty quickly if it doesn't.  

For my part, I'm on the edge of jumping from Lincoln to Tesla, and the only thing that's really keeping me from jumping ship is knowing what Ford is working on. And TBH, I'm not into the Mustang thing, so for me it's a little off-putting.  But I'm prepared to be convinced. 

Edited by Assimilator

On 11/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, Assimilator said:

I still think it's a weird gamble to make, linking two genres of products together that sell to extremely different customers. I'm not entirely sure how this will work, but it should give them much better awareness.  It may not work, or it may be brilliant.  They have to live up to the hype however and things can turn against them pretty quickly if it doesn't.  

For my part, I'm on the edge of jumping from Lincoln to Tesla, and the only thing that's really keeping me from jumping ship is knowing what Ford is working on. And TBH, I'm not into the Mustang thing, so for me it's a little off-putting.  But I'm prepared to be convinced. 

I would assume that within 6 months, there will be a Lincoln variant of this new EV. Not a carbon copy, but a variant just the same.