2020 GT500's sitting at FRAP

Tob

Hello all. I have a 2020 GT500 that I ordered,  1FA6P8SJ1L5500756, that was "produced" on 11/13/19. I've tried to pay close attention to see if any consumer GT500's that have been produced to date have shipped and it appears as though none of them have. I have a projected ETA but I take it that means nothing until the car is actually loaded up and begins its journey to the dealer. Does anyone here know why none have shipped? Considering the temps in Detroit and the Michelins used Cup2/4S I would have thought it would be a high priority.

Thanks for any help here.

55464.jpeg

The other thing I'm wondering about is chassis#, the number shown on the dash plaque. My VIN ends in 756, but I suspect the chassis number will be around half that since Ford seems to be plucking orders and batching them due to color. I think silver, orange, and green cars (GT500's I should say) may be looking at spring production dates.

Edited by Tob
Accuracy.

This was just posted and I'm wondering if anyone here may be familiar with this indoor storage facility or the "quality" updates...

Good news, word has it that the cars will start shipping sometime next week, not so good news, many of the early cars need quality updates before they can be released for shipping. The cars produced later do not require the updates; they were already baked into the pie before they rolled off the line. It looks like they're working their butts off to get these cars to their customers. There are a lot of cars waiting in line, so it may take a while to work through them all and get them moving. So be patient, its happening. Yeah!!!!

Super good news, rumor has it they are moving the cars to a heated indoor storage facility. From what I understand, Ford pulled out all the stops and this is first time they have done something like this. Talk about looking after your customers, it don’t get any better than this.

Edited by Tob
yes