BUYOUT...When Do We Leave??

autoworker2

GM is a different company

Why don't we get a christmas bonus? because we followed GM's pattern

Why do we only get 60k instead of the 70k in 2015? because we followed GM's pattern

Why wasn't there anything for retirees? because we followed GM's pattern

Why don't we have a date to sign up for SRI or STEP? because uh um well we'll get to that later we just needed it to make the contract look good enough to sell it.

I see where you're coming from Fatso looking at it from different points, but the company doesn't need anymore excuses as to why they haven't, won't, or can't. I'm not one of these "just deal with it" workers that settles for being lucky I have a job, I know what I earned I know what I'm eligible for just let me out!!!

If you're tired of hearing about how much we're ready to leave then please message me about donating to our retirement fund to help send us off sooner ?

2 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

If you're tired of hearing about how much we're ready to leave then please message me about donating to our retirement fund to help send us off sooner ?

WAH WAH WAH,  keep whining, imma call u sixty whiner,    all u do is whine on a board, and no one really cares.

now whine some more

no actually this was part of the Q&A UAW website posted, that exact question and that was their answer. Seriously out of 40 questions 23 of their responses was "because we followed GM's pattern".

but if I cared enough I'd look it up for ya and link it but I really don't care unless you have information about the STEP program you're useless to me.

5 minutes ago, dark270 said:

WAH WAH WAH,  keep whining, imma call u sixty whiner,    all u do is whine on a board, and no one really cares.

now whine some more

I really do appreciate your support in keeping this a hot topic because I really would like to STEP on out of here. So the next time you see your union rep just let'em know we're ready for them to STEP up and get those dates rolling. I know it's a process but taking one STEP at a time and signing us up would be the first STEP to see what we're working with.

So Dark this mean I got you down for a donation of sixty?

11 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I really do appreciate your support in keeping this a hot topic because I really would like to STEP on out of here. So the next time you see your union rep just let'em know we're ready for them to STEP up and get those dates rolling. I know it's a process but taking one STEP at a time and signing us up would be the first STEP to see what we're working with.

So Dark this mean I got you down for a donation of sixty?

its no wonder ppl label autoworkers as big dumb and stupid.

nope im happy with the union, so no reason to ask/call them. no i dont do donations, cause tax law changed what i can deduct, so maybe u can stand on street corner and beg?  several corners are available in chicago, maybe some near the plant and u wont have to walk very far

maybe u can call the space force, i heard they are hiring......

Edited by dark270

Four years ago (the last contract) CAP had incentive takers. Then, late Sept. 2016 the takers were told that 01 May 2016 was the last exiting date for production members. 01 Dec. 2017 was the last exiting date for trades members. If I remember right the production members started leaving right after the first of the year 2017. It was a few here, few there from department to department. but by 01 May everyone was on their way. Trades... some of our trades did have to wait till well later into the 2017 calendar year to get their pass out of paradise.  

It may be like that this time around or as short as CAP is everyday it may be closer to May for production. Be sure to not sign anything till you`ve been given a date in writing.

Edited by Decker

2 hours ago, Decker said:

Four years ago (the last contract) CAP had incentive takers. Then, late Sept. 2016 the takers were told that 01 May 2016 was the last exiting date for production members. #1 Dec. 2016 was the last exiting date for trades members. If I remember right the production members started leaving right after the first of the year 2017. It was a few here, few there from department tp department. but by 01 May everyone was on their way. Trades... some of our trades did have to wait till well later in the 2017 calendar year to get their pass out of paradise.  

It may be like that this time around or as short as CAP is everyday it may be closer to May for production. Be sure to not sign anything till you`ve been given a date in writing.

5 of my co workers were let out Jan 15th 2016 from last round, they were given 3 different choices they all took the earliest. They were all in trim. They can let me go in Jan, nothing stopping them they don't need me, keeping me will not solve their poor management issues. Hire 2 temps in my place, see I just did all the hard thinking for them.

Hell it's almost tempting to leave and come back as a temp, they got it made.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ididntdoit said:

5 of my co workers were let out Jan 15th 2016 from last round, they were given 3 different choices they all took the earliest. They were all in trim. They can let me go in Jan, nothing stopping them they don't need me, keeping me will not solve their poor management issues. Hire 2 temps in my place, see I just did all the hard thinking for them.

Hell it's almost tempting to leave and come back as a temp, they got it made.

Bud:congrats:,,,,just slow down.They are working out the details.It is nothing personal.Every one of us is just a sack of blood with a social security number.We can all be replaced,that is for sure.BUT Ford needs their factories running,in some cases like DTP 21 hours a day,in order to make a profit.The wording generally states that A-L-L production employees are eligible.Take it easy and start making plans.What will you do with all that $$$$$

• Thanks 1

but...... the ....walls are closing in.........

I feel like I'm waiting to hear from the parole board  for a release date. Please Warden Hackett let me go, I survived Chicago for 16yrs with only one write up and I didn't do it I was just there.

all I want for Christmas is my STEP release date.

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

but...... the ....walls are closing in.........

I feel like I'm waiting to hear from the parole board  for a release date. Please Warden Hackett let me go, I survived Chicago for 16yrs with only one write up and I didn't do it I was just there.

all I want for Christmas is my STEP release date.

Benefit Rep at CAP told me there is a meeting at 12 Pm tomorrow about out release dates.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

Thank you, I'll shut up now cya bye!!!

might stick around to watch this drama show of the local re election in Feb,  551 looking shadier then international with their voter fraud smh

:yahoo:   Now dont, "might stick around".Walk fast outta CAP and dont let that doorknob hit ya in the ass!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KY Tinman said:

I seen this too. But they are only allowing 200 skilled trades go with the incentive. And the 200th skilled trades man has 47 years. So it looks like you have to have at least 47 years in to get the $60,000, or pretty close. :(

47 years seniority is a pretty high hurdle.I knew when I hired in over 30 years ago that Ford was a UAW shop and that production took center stage."Production is our customer",is what I use to be told.Oh well,its nice to be wanted :puppy_kiss:.I am glad we got that $1000 "tooling allowance" paid twice over 4 years.If they had called it a trades bonus instead of a tooling allowance well,,,,the money would be divided among everybody and we would end up getting $150 bucks.Funny thing is that Ford announced in the news today that it is planning on hiring, about 3000 new employees in the next few years at Michigan Assembly and Dearborn Truck.Face it,trades are second class citizens as far as the UAW is concerned.Here is the offer to trades,,,wanna work another weekend!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cal50 said:

When I hired in there were three guys in the battery crib.

It took 48 years to bid in and 51 years to hold days.............

Okay,thats fine.Its their company and they can do what they wanna do.I dont know what the job in the battery crib involved.Ford wants or needs trades so desperately I guess that  is the theme.Ya know the human body wears down both mentally and physically.I saw a funny sticker that read "The older I get,the better I use to be".Probably a lot of trades are disappointed.What the heck,its fun on payday.Those leaving with the $60,000 better hope inflation stays low and VEBA stays funded.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cal50 said:

There are a LOT of people at our plant that skate out everyday hours early, including OT days ,skilled , production & management.

Why retire when you are drawing +50 hour paychecks and only there ( notice I did not say working) half of that?

First, everything you said is illegal and can be punished up to and including termination.Who is "LOT" anyway?I sit out in the open and JUMP when called on my cellphone or in person.Other places I had a radio in my ear.There are NO ergonomics or restrictions in the trades.Without O.T. {not guaranteed}I make 100 bucks a week more than a production Team Leader.Why spend your life,holidays etc. at a job,with a harsh atmosphere, where you are totally unappreciated?If the trades "aint working" then why does Ford have us there?I can walk out of Ford with my trade license and duplicate my hourly wage working at another company.Try that as production.I wish Ford would eliminate my trade and give it all to production since I "aint working" most of the time anyways.Oh wait,,,,there are licensing requirements and OSHA to consider.In all fairness to your post,,,,,,yes,,some people are allowed to get away with murder and can do no wrong.Rules at Ford all hinge around that little chicken dick supervisor you report to everyday.How many supervisors steal Ford blind and shake down vendors?You got a point.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fatso said:

First, everything you said is illegal and can be punished up to and including termination.Who is "LOT" anyway?I sit out in the open and JUMP when called on my cellphone or in person.Other places I had a radio in my ear.There are NO ergonomics or restrictions in the trades.Without O.T. {not guaranteed}I make 100 bucks a week more than a production Team Leader.Why spend your life,holidays etc. at a job,with a harsh atmosphere, where you are totally unappreciated?If the trades "aint working" then why does Ford have us there?I can walk out of Ford with my trade license and duplicate my hourly wage working at another company.Try that as production.I wish Ford would eliminate my trade and give it all to production since I "aint working" most of the time anyways.Oh wait,,,,there are licensing requirements and OSHA to consider.In all fairness to your post,,,,,,yes,,some people are allowed to get away with murder and can do no wrong.Rules at Ford all hinge around that little chicken dick supervisor you report to everyday.You got a point.

Well said. There are SOME, but I am there every minute I'm supposed to be. Cal50 don't need to be putting everyone in that category. As Fatso said, the job is physically and most importantly mentally draining. If you can't keep your sanity, then what kind of retirement are you going to have? You have to be sane enough to enjoy the retirement you worked so hard for!

Edited by KY Tinman

A lot is not everyone but I would bet anyone a beer its 30% minimum.

About a year back some area managers were supposed to be chewed out for people leaving early in their areas.

The area managers were gone also.

They all got talked to and it lasted a few weeks.

• Thanks 1