BUYOUT...When Do We Leave??

autoworker2

2 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I would take that date if you were actually someone of importance to make it happen, but I appreciate your concern and support.

no concern here, just tired of hearing you whine....wah wah wah wah, 'I need/want a buyout and ford wont give it to me, wah wah wah'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Q-bert said:

no concern here, just tired of hearing you whine....wah wah wah wah, 'I need/want a buyout and ford wont give it to me, wah wah wah'

Again thank you for your support and providing such valuable information.

It's a hard choice to leave such friendly atmosphere, I'll truly miss my fangirls like yourself that find time out of their busy day to read and reply to post here even if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand your attention to the matter is appreciated.

Hopefully sign ups will begin Dec 1st

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

It's a hard choice to leave such friendly atmosphere, I'll truly miss my fangirls like yourself that find time out of their busy day to read and reply to post here even if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand your attention to the matter is appreciated.

so what did you say?   wah wah wah.   i did stay on topic,  did you ?  scared to quit i see.  

On 11/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Ididntdoit said:

Okay,,just ignore the negativity B.S.and stick with the issue.Its none of my business,how much seniority you got,but know this.If you go before you got 30 yrs. your pension is gonna take a big hit.Also make darn sure you got healthcare coverage.Once you leave Ford,consider yourself "on your own" because aint no lower seniority people gonna ever care about what gets done to the retirees in future contracts.Ford has not released the details of the retirement incentives which tells me they dont know exactly what they wanna do just yet.Packages offered may come down to how much seniority you have.Hang in there,when they do come out with the details,examine the offer and sign up if you still want it.Meantime start thinking like a retiree.Save those coupons in the mail.A dollar saved is a dollar earned!You`ll get it,,,,,,,you lucky duck!I`m in the trades,,here is my offer,,,,,,"wanna work another weekend'?

Edited by Fatso

1 hour ago, Fatso said:

Okay,,just ignore the negativity B.S.and stick with the issue.Its none of my business,how much seniority you got,but know this.If you go before you got 30 yrs. your pension is gonna take a big hit.Also make darn sure you got healthcare coverage.Once you leave Ford,consider yourself "on your own" because aint no lower seniority people gonna ever care about what gets done to the retirees in future contracts.Ford has not released the details of the retirement incentives which tells me they dont know exactly what they wanna do just yet.Packages offered may come down to how much seniority you have.Hang in there,when they do come out with the details,examine the offer and sign up if you still want it.Meantime start thinking like a retiree.Save those coupons in the mail.A dollar saved is a dollar earned!You`ll get it,,,,,,,you lucky duck!I`m in the trades,,here is my offer,,,,,,"wanna work another weekend'?

Totally aware of that, the retirement details are there. Other then Romeo  everyones package is pretty simple, they also break everything down on the benefits site as to how much at what age. There's nothing to figure out except how many and they can't do that without signing us up. I'm not worried about my income after Ford, I'm not relying on their pension. It was offered, I'm eligible gimme that date. If they think they're just gonna brush us off to the side and we'll be quiet they might want to reconsider.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:25 PM, Ididntdoit said:

Totally aware of that, the retirement details are there. Other then Romeo  everyones package is pretty simple, they also break everything down on the benefits site as to how much at what age. There's nothing to figure out except how many and they can't do that without signing us up. I'm not worried about my income after Ford, I'm not relying on their pension. It was offered, I'm eligible gimme that date. If they think they're just gonna brush us off to the side and we'll be quiet they might want to reconsider.

HIGHLIGHT said {paraphrasing} 'A $60,000 bonus for A-L-L production employees and up to 200 skilled trades eligible to retire" that stupid flashing , cartoon ,that Dilbert posted ,is messing with my computer:kookie:

Edited by Fatso

4 hours ago, hbelfast1 said:

Well has anyone heard anything new? I have heard from some people that it’s OK go ahead retire and you will be backdated the bonus and I have heard from other people if you’re not active on the role you will not get the bonus

Committee man at Livonia told me a month ago that people can retire now and it would be backdated. I call bullshit on that one. 

Special Retirement Incentives (SRI) and Special Termination of Employment Program (STEP), you sign up they tell you if you're eligible then you get a date. They didn't give numbers other then upto 200 skill trades. I'm sure each individual plant has a target number and date for their plant. It's pretty simple why anyone would tell you different or mislead you other wise is beyond me but doesn't surprise me. 

Hopefully after they're done spoon feeding temps they'll turn focus on our exit and get us out, I'm hearing rumors of down time for a week or 2 coming up at CAP and it would make sense to let some people go before hand instead of paying their sub pay not that they do things that make sense.

Key Word "rumors"....  orders orders orders and "down time"? Of course  then you have the CAP`ers that say well..... "they" put up a banner for unemployment sign up at the Hall in the parking lot for March, so you full of shit Decker. Hmmm full of shit maybe but, these CAP`ers don`t read much of anything all the way to the bottom. It was pointed out the banner has been there almost a year, naa Decker you full of shit.

Funny thing we had down time when... Feb. and Mar of 2019. 2019 at the bottom of the banner or 2020?

I heard... They said... CAP won`t be releasing SRI or STEP members till September 2020. Oh that's what Someone told me :whistling:

Edited by Decker

I was told it was posted on facebook or the app about running 1 shift for 2 weeks around mid feb, I've looked for the post but it's hard to filter through all the xmas party pics and obituaries of so and so's uncles cousins step brother. Without proper communication everything is a damn rumor till it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

I was told it was posted on facebook or the app about running 1 shift for 2 weeks around mid feb, I've looked for the post but it's hard to filter through all the xmas party pics and obituaries of so and so's uncles cousins step brother. Without proper communication everything is a damn rumor till it happens.

When the details are final it will be put in writing.The risk in leaving on 'who said what' is that if anything goes wrong it will be hard to prove 'who said what'.Ask the union rep who says its okay to "leave right away and you will be back paid,$60,000" to put that in writing and date and sign it.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh yeah because Facebook is a reliable source for anything ?

we have a app for local announcements but it's used like a social media app filled with non work related topics, unless it's about the chairman bragging what he's done for temps most of the important stuff gets lost in the feed.

Fatso, we were lead to believe those programs would be available once ratified as they were to GM since the "followed GM's pattern" excuse was used on everything when international came in to "sell" us the contract. Not assuming we could leave right then but at least having us sign up then eventually getting a date like every other time over the past 2 decades. 

Sit back and enjoy the upcoming 8 paid holidays your union negotiated for us and wait until all the details are worked out.GM is a different company with different needs.I think its all about manpower requirements.I cant believe it when  the contract says ALL production personnel will be eligible for a retirement incentive or severance pay if they chose to leave."ALL"?Who`s gonna be left?Fatso?The trades?You wanna hear some screaming and hollering?Wouldnt that be a bitch if hidden in the small print of the contract was allowing the company to assign production work to members of the trades.Quality would take a hit,thats for sure.:gaah:If thats the case I would make em hafta fire my fat ass.

Edited by Fatso
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

we have a app for local announcements but it's used like a social media app filled with non work related topics, unless it's about the chairman bragging what he's done for temps most of the important stuff gets lost in the feed.

Fatso, we were lead to believe those programs would be available once ratified as they were to GM since the "followed GM's pattern" excuse was used on everything when international came in to "sell" us the contract. Not assuming we could leave right then but at least having us sign up then eventually getting a date like every other time over the past 2 decades. 

Yeah I have the app

only thing it's useful for is a quick way to check paystubs 

• Thanks 1